Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

AKTKN

Rinkside
So many news and no one else seems to be on the translation duty. :sad21:
Source. Still i have no slightest idea how to translate "молодец", especially when it is related to a girl.

- Nastya, you are from Volgograd, where there is a strong school of swimming. Why figure skating, not swimming?

- As a child, I had a severe allergy, and doctors said that i should do a sport. And it is better be figure skating or swimming. At first my parents brought me to the both. In Volgograd, where we lived, there is a good school of swimming. But I liked figure skating more. I still continue to swim. It's good for the back, for the spine, for relaxation. Every weekend, my dad and I go to a fitness club. We swim, and train at a gym. But now it's to help figure skating, because I really love figure skating.

- Did you start figure skating in Volgograd?

- Yes. My first coach was Lyudmila Leonidovna Puchkova. She is a very good coach, she knew what every athlete needs. She made plans for everybody for training on ice, for physical training.

- But at that time I had combined swimming and figure skating, and since my dad was engaged in swimming himself, he saw me as a swimmer, so after a while he figured that figure skating was not for me, and we left the group.

- But you wanted to come back.

- In a month I told my parents that I want to go back to the ice rink, because I was only interested in swimming until the coach changed. The first coach in our group was a man - cheerful, was constantly inventing something, played with us, arranged competitions between us. And then the woman-coach came, and training had become uninteresting, even annoying. You swim and swim from side to side and that is it.

- When I returned to the rink, Lyudmila Leonidovna did not take me. More precisely, she would have taked me, but she did not have the confidence that this will not happen again, and I understand her. So I started training with Irina Sergeevna Aksenova. With her, I won the first medal. But in my first competitions I was rather disappointed.

- Why?

- I remember that boys were trained for those competitions, but four days before the start they told me that I needed to compete. The program was choreographed in a class, on the floor, I repeated it several times, but only at the competition I skated it on the ice for the first time! Since my memory was then like a Dory fish, I had forgotten to make an element. Instead of Salchow, i executed a waltz three-turn. But I really liked to perform. I thought I did it! I was summoned for award ceremony, and I decided that they will give me a medal. But in the end I stood next to the podium, did not get a medal, were awarded with the prize for the youngest participant, handed a bag of sweets and toys. I was very surprised, did not understand what happened and began to ask everyone: "Where is my medal?"

- How old were you?

- Five years old. And imagine, something similar happened to me at swimming competition. We swam then in the outdoor pool, and I was the youngest participant of the tournament. I took the 5th place. I was also summoned for rewarding. And again I was on the sidelines. They gave me a toy and a coloring book. And that's it. I thought: how can it be? Another sport yet the same story. But everyone came to me, began to calm me down, to explain that I was the smallest here and "ripped to pieces" such athletes.

- They tryed to lure me into swimming. But I stayed in figure skating. I like this more, because I like to dance, I love music, I hear and feel it. I love movement, gliding. In my childhood, as soon as the music was turned on, I began to fantasize, improvise, loved to dance.

- Have your parents moved to Moscow to continue your sports career?

- No. Dad had a good job offer. First he moved to Moscow, and a month later, as soon as he got settled, my mother and I came to him. We lived first in Krylatskoe. I was engaged with Irina Mikhailovna Klimova. She brought me to a good level. I learned how to jump double, got good skating skills. Previously, i skated like a child, like Pinocchio, and then there was power in skating. I felt that this is my coach, who has exactly the approach that I need. With Irina Mikhailovna, we are still in touch, we are friends with her daughter Katya. We meet, talk, even have celebrated a New Year together once. But it is now.

- But back then it happened so that Irina Mikhailovna had to leave. If she went to another skating rink, I would follow her. But she went to nowhere. So I joined Maria Viktorovna Butyrskaya. With her, I achived second and first junior rank, the second rank, learned a 2-2 combo, 2 axel and triple toe had been close. To the new coach, Svetlana Vladimirovna Panova, I came with that jumps set. Maria Viktorovna was a good coach, she knew how to prepare me for competition. But my skating skills was no good. One could say that i had lost them, because the main emphasis was on jumping, spinning and elements. It is understandable, because earlier people didn't skated as they do now. At the end, I started to lose to rivals in PCS, so I went to Svetlana Panova.

- I trained with her for 4 years. Svetlana Vladimirovna is the person who gave me a lot of things, put a soul into me. Four years is a long time. Largely thanks to Svetlana Vladimirovna, I went to the level of junior Grand Prix. I am very grateful to the coach for everything! But due to the fact that in the school, where we worked then, there were no conditions for training, I had to look for another coach.

- Today, to achieve big results, just the ice, ice training is not enough. And in our "Snow Leopards" there was no "classics", nor dance class, nor gym. As we came out from the rink, they immediately kicked us out, because the room and ice were needed for hockey players. In the end, I realized that you need to be where the conditions are satisfactory, where a coach is strict. And in this respect, I liked Eteri Georgievna Tutberidze most of all. I saw how she took athletes to the ice. I felt that this is exactly what i need.

- Is it difficult to train in a group where there are many strong athletes?

- On the contrary. This is good when there is someone to look up to. When Masha Sotskova moved to CSKA, then, in fact, I was left alone to skate with little kids. They looked up to me, but there was nobody to look up to for me. And here are Zhenya Medvedeva, Alina Zagitova, Polina Tsurskaya ... Everyone has unique traits, strong points. And I look at them, learn, try to take what I can, what I need. And here is Sasha Trusova encouraging me all the time. Anya Shcherbakova trains with us. In this situation, I know where to go next. So, on the contrary, when there is someone to chase after, it's cool.

- On the other hand you always need to remain yourself, not to imitate someone. But, looking at the girls, I understand that I also need to work and work. And learn something new. When Sasha Trusova had jumped in Australia quadruple Salchow, I was very happy for her. Because she worked and achieved her goal. I realized that I also need to make a lot of effort to skate clean. To learn, to raise the power, the skating skills, everything. After all, we are working not only for today's result. We create our future. We are working, when the time comes, to win senior world championships, as Zhenya Medvedeva is doing now. And it's good that there are athletes in the group who are an example for you. It's good that there are coaches who will always help.

- This season, you first participated in the Grand Prix. How do you evaluate your performances?

- At the Grand Prix in Austria performed well, but on the second in Croatia the things hadn't work out. The mood was right. But on the first jump i hit my head. I landed the jump well, but at the end hands disengaged and i fell. I was frighten. Stresseв. Mixed up spins ... But this is also an experience. I will work to avoid such mistakes in the future.

- You have interesting programs.

- I like them very much. I am in these programs like a fish in the water. I'm not trying to portray something. I skate what was in my life, myself.

- For example.

- For example, my father is at work all day, and when he comes home, every evening he asks how I trained, what news. Sometimes it happens that I tell him, but he does not understand. And this is reflected in my short program. I explain something a thousand times, but he does not hear me. I'm anxious. And my leap is as an exclamation: "How can't you hear me?" Next I try to show those feelings. And when I wink at the end, it means that everything turned out well. I have achieved my goal. He has understood me. The music of Ludovico Einaudi is very suitable for such a program.

- The Free - very strong music "Saraband Suite" by the group "Globus". Such church music. We go to church every weekend with parents. And this is the feeling that I'm in the temple, I pray - this is what I'm trying to convey in my program. This is the first part and the step sequence. And then the music becomes even more powerful, and in it I put all my experiences, tears, joy, emotions. I remember all the good and bad. And by this force I convey everything.

- You know, it's felt. When you skate clean this power comes from you. But don't emotions mix things up?

- I try to control myself. Although the emotions are really strong, because of this, the skating becomes powerful, but sometimes it prevents you from controlling the jumps to the end. But I try to stay balanced.

- You speak very well, interesting reasoning. Where is it from?

- When I was still training in the "Snow Leopards", the class teacher at my school once remarked: "Look, Nastya, how beautiful the children speak." And I also wanted to be like that. Then I started writing essays. Just for myself. Inspired by pictures or some topics. After my homework was done, I wrote an essay. I liked to do it, because I developed my imagination, and everything become all right with my speech.

- Do you study now at Sambo-70?

- No. In a regular school, next to home. I need teachers to be demanding. In my school they do not make allowances for the fact that I'm an athlete. And this, on the contrary, pushes me to study.

- So you're not looking for easy ways?

- No.

- From whom have you got your temper?

- From daddy mostly. Dad always dreamed of being a military fighter pilot and he became it. He graduated from the legendary "kacha" (aviation school) - a lieutenant colonel of aviation retired. Through perseverance, he achieved his goal. Mom did athletics, running with barriers. But then she left the sport. And when I was born, she became a housewife.

- Are you alone in the family?

- I have an older brother Slava. He is 17 years older than me. He lives with his family in Volgograd. We communicate with my brother almost every day. He is interested in figure skating. Keeps track of all competitions. Helps, supports. I miss him. It's a shame that we do not see each other very much.

- Also my brother has a son, Andrei. My nephew. My brother sends a video, and I see Andrei growing up, changing. He is already so grown up. And I've only seen him a couple of times in three years. Competitions, camps, I do not have time.

- You said that your parents are stubborn, and you?

- I also have perseverance. If I make a mistake at training, I will not skate circles, thinking about it, but I immediately go and fix it. I do not wait for a coach to say, I try to do everything myself. And i don't just jump once, and not just one jump, but with transitions or skate the program completely without music I. I like that.

- But, when something often fails, then I start to get upset. I'm crying. I would like to get rid of this trait. Because when you cry, it seems to be easier then, but you lose a lot of energy, the muscles become viscous. And you shouldn't do it around other athletes. Therefore, I also began to control myself. When I feel it coming, now everything is about to splash out, I come up to the trainers, I ask, if i can go out? And I go out to reflect, to come to my senses. I hope that with age it will go away.

- Of course, it will go away. What do you like to do besides sports?

- Handicraft. I love to knit, embroider, weave, something to invent. Glue, beads, thread - always at hand. I like to make crafts, toys, baubles. Knitted scarves for nephew, hats. It calms me down.

- Nastya, you were selected for the Grand Prix final. What does this mean to you?

- For this season I had a goal to get into the Grand Prix Final and get to the Junior World Championships. I have accomplished one task. Now i have to work, prove that I can do everything, I can skate cleanly and confidently. At the final of the Grand Prix there will be a lot of strong athletes. But my task is to do my own business. To go out and deliver. And then, it is up to judges to decide.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Still i have no slightest idea how to translate "молодец", especially when it is related to a girl.

When praising someone personally, it's "well done!"
Here, I would translate it as "I was so happy for her, she's doing so well!"
When praising someone for being himself, without a special occasion, it should probably be "good boy/girl" or something like this.

russianfan

Match Penalty
to be honest i wasn't expecting her to be that good today, but she did her best! that 3Lz is to die for, 13.39 points for 3Lz+1Lo+3S! only Kihira's 3A-3T scored higher

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She skated with a passion and ferocity all her own. All of those little moments of emphasis were the beneficiaries of her fire. One of those that stood out was the little arms behind the back “sailor man’s dive” position she goes into out of the loop. You can feel her commitment to her execution of the program.

https://youtu.be/kvbrE7IG7nw?t=2m43s

Does this count as going to church for the week? :dev3:

kalee

On the Ice
- You have interesting programs.

- I like them very much. I am in these programs like a fish in the water. I'm not trying to portray something. I skate what was in my life, myself.

- For example.

- For example, my father is at work all day, and when he comes home, every evening he asks how I trained, what news. Sometimes it happens that I tell him, but he does not understand. And this is reflected in my short program. I explain something a thousand times, but he does not hear me. I'm anxious. And my leap is as an exclamation: "How can't you hear me?" Next I try to show those feelings. And when I wink at the end, it means that everything turned out well. I have achieved my goal. He has understood me. The music of Ludovico Einaudi is very suitable for such a program.

- The Free - very strong music "Saraband Suite" by the group "Globus". Such church music. We go to church every weekend with parents. And this is the feeling that I'm in the temple, I pray - this is what I'm trying to convey in my program. This is the first part and the step sequence. And then the music becomes even more powerful, and in it I put all my experiences, tears, joy, emotions. I remember all the good and bad. And by this force I convey everything.

Amongst Eteri's girls, Nastya is the one who has programs which are age-appropriate and suited to her personality and style. It's interesting to hear about how she interprets them and it's great that she is skating to music that she can identify with.

Sasha on the other hand, gives the impression that she is skating through "Big Spender" but at 13, it's hard to expect otherwise - in fact it would be shockingly unhealthy to expect a young teen to give proper interpretation to lyrics like "I can show you a good time..."