2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies FS | Page 130 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies FS

cell

On the Ice
why include Gracie in that video?
also, I'm so over Koola King acting like 2014 Olympics is the worst thing in the world. she should take a leave out of Yuna's book

Poor girl doesn't get any sleep at night over ISU ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 (btw, I absolutely hate Sotnikova's skating but seriusly Koola, give a rest girl? ). Her video analysis of why Medvedeva laughed when she fell on 2 axel at Rostelecom head me in stitches. The PSYCHOanalysis over why she laughed - because Koola believes Med knows she'll still receive high scores even she fell. Then she posted a video of Yu Na falling for comparison (of course!) with sad face. Koola "I had too much Kool-aid" King.:slink:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Poor girl doesn't get any sleep at night over ISU ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 (btw, I absolutely hate Sotnikova's skating but seriusly Koola, give a rest girl? ). Her video analysis of why Medvedeva laughed when she fell on 2 axel at Rostelecom head me in stitches. The PSYCHOanalysis over why she laughed - because Koola believes Med knows she'll still receive high scores even she fell. Then she posted a video of Yu Na falling for comparison (of course!) with sad face. Koola "I had too much Kool-aid" King.:slink:

I think she has the right to be as angry as she wants to be. You can literally hear some Russian fan screaming right before Yuna landed her last 3Lz to try to throw her off. And chanting "RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA" as Yuna was waiting for her scores. This is ATROCIOUS behavior, and should be given a lot more scrutiny than it was.

But yes, the gala link would be appreciated!! :pray:

princessalica

Final Flight
A shame that Angela Wang and Amber Glenn have such poor nerves, because their actual skills are good. Same for Mariah really.

I’m not saying amber doesn’t struggle with nerves, but she was skating through the flu. She and several others from team Cain, including alex krasnozhon were skating sick.

cell

On the Ice
I think she has the right to be as angry as she wants to be. You can literally hear some Russian fan screaming right before Yuna landed her last 3Lz to try to throw her off. And chanting "RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA" as Yuna was waiting for her scores. This is ATROCIOUS behavior, and should be given a lot more scrutiny than it was.

But yes, the gala link would be appreciated!! :pray:

She's had 4 freaking years to move on... girl still posts comparison videos between Yu Na and Adelina. I mean, they are kind of hilarious in a sad way, don't me wrong but still

cell

On the Ice
oh god, I'm crying of laughter!

It's pretty hilarious. USFSA is not ISU. Can someone tell Koola that please?

Her latest video where Kevin Reynolds looks like he is going to fall asleep during Sotnikova's Olympic Gold performance is killing me though

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
She's had 4 freaking years to move on... girl still posts comparison videos between Yu Na and Adelina. I mean, they are kind of hilarious in a sad way, don't me wrong but still

I don't know, like seeing that fan cam I linked to and hearing the Russian fan scream during Yuna's lutz to throw her off makes me super angry all over again. The fact this kind of stuff can happen and no one gets called out for it at the Olympics is a tragedy. And one that seems to be ignored and forgetten. That's the problem. There were no consequences for this venemous behavior and therefore it still rubs people the wrong way.

Sorry for the :hijacked: but I really wanna watch Mirai at the gala...

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
It's pretty hilarious. USFSA is not ISU. Can someone tell Koola that please?

Her latest video where Kevin Reynolds looks like he is going to fall asleep during Sotnikova's Olympic Gold performance is killing me though

oh man, that was hilarious, the "moment like this" song, and especially towards the end when Midori Ito landed outside the boards! I remember that performance....:laugh:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
why include Gracie in that video?
also, I'm so over Koola King acting like 2014 Olympics is the worst thing in the world. she should take a leave out of Yuna's book

While her videos are amusing (likely many of them not as much for you I imagine considering who is your favourite skater :p ) & enlightening ... but I agree with you, there's some unhealthy deification going on.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

But she knew ... :confused: I think it was not a farfetched assumption. She definitely felt safe with her enormous advantage after SP and how they always give her overbloated evaluation in scores, she also was doing well before that error.

After all she beat Radionova at 2016 Europeans after also falling on 2A.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
But she knew ... :confused: I think it was not a farfetched assumption.
She won by over 15 points, right? That is, she'd have won even if she received 62 PCS. In my opinion, that's total projection on the actual reason why she would laugh.

In my opinion, she did so because it was in her opinion a really silly place for her to fall. Something like: "Whoops, silly me -facepalm-".

Compare to what she did in NHK trophy FS when she fell.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am glad that Charlie White blasted the judges for the ridiculous inflation of Bradie Tennell’s PCS. I can’t remember a US ladies champion who has ever had less artistry and presence on the ice. Aside from her technique and consistency, she is totally forgettable. If Bradie can get 69+ in PCS, then I hope Skate Canada gives Osmond 80 in PCS this week and Kostner better get 90 in South Korea. :laugh:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Trueeee
Also there was a comment on one of her videos calling out some of us GoldenSkate people for allegedly supporting too many Russian skaters... like what even?

Back on topic, are there videos of the gala?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aside from her technique and consistency, she is totally forgettable.

You mean the stuff that people train rigorously for hours and hours on end on the ice to achieve. Her perfect technique and calm presentation should have easily won over all of those nervous looking performances that everyone else was putting out. Performances riddled with technical errors. The SP showed me exactly how unpreperated our ladies are to deliver a clean SP in an important event. Most looked terrified! What was it...two girls in the whole field were capable of showing up prepared to deliver a clean SP? To me it’s not even disputable who won and I don’t care how the judges do it. It needed to be done!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
She won by over 15 points, right? That is, she'd have won even if she received 62 PCS. In my opinion, that's total projection on the actual reason why she would laugh.

In my opinion, she did so because it was in her opinion a really silly place for her to fall. Something like: "Whoops, silly me -facepalm-".

Compare to what she did in NHK trophy FS when she fell.
I know that this ''I am gonna laugh'' is a projection depending on how you view Medvedeva in general but one can bet that if it were Russian Nationals with Zagitova skating besides here that she would not laugh at all. It does not have to be fully conscious from Medvedeva to fall into the patern. So it's not that for off the mark if one see it this way. I for once was not sore over her laughing this off but I can see why some could see it differently.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know that this ''I am gonna laugh'' is a projection depending on how you view Medvedeva in general but one can bet that if it were Russian Nationals with Zagitova skating besides here that she would not laugh at all. It does not have to be fully conscious. So it's not that for off the mark if one see it this way.

Mariah laughed when she oofed her 2a in the FS. Very similar although she didn’t just oof one of the greatest clean streaks we’ve ever seen like Medvedeva so it wasn’t on the same level of “ironic haha funny” but more a “I’m so dumb haha funny”. I think it’s great when their personalities come out. Ashley sometimes talks to herself...or maybe to us....after she performs and seems to reason things out.

Serafima did it after singling an axel at Skate America because she missed her Steps into the Jump.
https://youtu.be/SgpXUIokawc?t=4m48s

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
You mean the stuff that people train rigorously for hours and hours on end on the ice to achieve. Her perfect technique and calm presentation should have easily won over all of those nervous looking performances that everyone else was putting out. Performances riddled with technical errors. The SP showed me exactly how unpreperated our ladies are to deliver a clean SP in an important event. Most looked terrified! What was it...two girls in the whole field were capable of showing up prepared to deliver a clean SP? To me it’s not even disputable who won and I don’t care how the judges do it. It needed to be done!
^^What Sam-Skwantch said is correct!

And, you reminded me, congrats again to Polina Edmunds for her clean SP. One of the few US ladies who pulled it off.