Another junior season for quad queen Trusova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Another junior season for quad queen Trusova

lappo

Final Flight
Let me make this clear 🙂, I have been a avid fan of Figure Skating fan for over 40 years, way back when they’d were doing single axels. It’s for the love of the skaters and skating that I watch and watch figure skating. With regards to fans saying that I do not like the Russian skaters, Irene Slutskaya is my favourite skater of all time, I still watch her performances today. Now back to your point of making fun of skaters lifetime work, because someone makes a comment, which they are permitted to do on this forum, and they don’t agree with what posters are saying, does not make the other poster a bad person because they disagree. It’s call constructive criticism. I made the point that Miki Ando was the First Lady to do a quad Salchow, was I wrong. That’s not taking away from the fact that Alexander Trusova did two quads. People are allowed to make comments and agree to disagree on these threads, not fanfests..🙂

You are not wrong but maybe you sounded a bit sarcastic dismissing people as not loving facts since the article clearly says "She [Trusova] became the first female skater to land a quadruple toe and the first to land two quads in one program - 15 years and three months after Miki Ando of Japan became the first, and until now, only woman to perform a quad in competition"." So everybody who bothered to read the article was reminded that Miki Ando was indeed the first woman to land a 4S and at the same time was informed of Trusova recent achievements.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Does Sasha have two more Junior seasons or three? At least she will have Russian Nationals the next couple years and she can treat those events like the Olympics for her.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Just one if she goes senior her first eligible year (which she probably will at this point)

Scott512

Record Breaker
All those young girls doing quads at such a young age is bound for a short career...

They work so damn hard from such a young age on and the competition is so fierce there are always better Russian girls coming along to take their spot pressure is humongous! these are part of the reasons the Russian girls end their competitive careers sooner sometmes much sooner than say North Americans.

If Alina.Zagitova retired in the next couple years say at age 17 or 18 to do shows and not skate in competition again would people here respect that or would they be upset by that and would they blame the Russian system and her coach?

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Why do people feel need to dismiss Miki Ando's quad?

It is impressive what Trusova does, she was the first to land two quads... but she was not the first. C'mon.

Still wonder, why women stopped trying quads after Miki Ando? I know Surya Bonaly tried but never succeeded in competition... do not remember other attempts. Did someone else try?

moriel

Record Breaker
I thought that Miki Ando was the quad Queen and the First Lady in the FS history books to successfully do a quad. Didn’t she do the first Quad Salchow at Junior Grand Prix Final in 2002. Just saying...🙂 you guys do love facts.

Its a crown that can be passed on, like it happens with regular Kings and Queens.
You know, old queen retires, new queen takes the post.

But even if we do a whole time crowning, Sasha wins, with 2 ratified quads in one competition.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wonder if Trusova will be remembered? will the quads survive puberty? She might be about a year too old to survive puberty and the next olympics.

Scout

Final Flight

It is impressive what Trusova does, she was the first to land two quads... but she was not the first. C'mon.

Still wonder, why women stopped trying quads after Miki Ando? I know Surya Bonaly tried but never succeeded in competition... do not remember other attempts. Did someone else try?

Sasha Cohen intended to try a quad in competition, but from the one attempt I remember, she popped it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Miki Ando kept trying 4S in senior competition, but all her attempts as a senior were called UR.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Just one if she goes senior her first eligible year (which she probably will at this point)

I can imagine how eager Trusova and her team must be for her to rock the Senior world! [emoji23]
And for the naysayers and pessimists, we’ve never had a little girl landing two quads in a competition or being so consistent on everything while being so fearless on taking up new jumps. As she said, if you want it you can do it. So I believe no puberty will stop Trusova from being Quad Queen!
Plus, the boys do it, why can’t the girls? I believe the same process happened when women started doing triple-triples. Someone has to be the first, why wouldn’t be her?

Pchykeen

Rinkside
I can imagine how eager Trusova and her team must be for her to rock the Senior world! [emoji23]
And for the naysayers and pessimists, we’ve never had a little girl landing two quads in a competition or being so consistent on everything while being so fearless on taking up new jumps. As she said, if you want it you can do it. So I believe no puberty will stop Trusova from being Quad Queen!
Plus, the boys do it, why can’t the girls? I believe the same process happened when women started doing triple-triples. Someone has to be the first, why wouldn’t be her?
I would also really love it if someone at the senior level could consistently land quads, and even multiple quads! Getting excited now like a long time ago when Midori Ito and her 3A pushed the limits of the ladies!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

This...so much!! :cheer:

BTW: You’re avatar is :love:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
She sounds like such a smart and determined girl :biggrin: She's really growing on me more and more as time goes on, super excited to see what she does next season. Go Sasha! :agree:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pretty useless article, there is translation of the full interview at fs-gossips.

Perhaps. The only difference is that GS paid for the article directly from the author while FS Gossip took the entire interview in Russian from another site and translated it without permission.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought that Miki Ando was the quad Queen and the First Lady in the FS history books to successfully do a quad. Didn’t she do the first Quad Salchow at Junior Grand Prix Final in 2002. Just saying... you guys do love facts.

The article clearly states:

"She became the first female skater to land a quadruple toe and the first to land two quads in one program – 15 years and three months after Miki Ando of Japan became the first, and until now, only woman to perform a quad in competition."

colormyworld240

Medalist

No one said Sasha was the first. Read the article.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
All those young girls doing quads at such a young age is bound for a short career...

I don't think it's necessarily true. Miki Ando didn't have a short career - she competed as a senior for many years after training quads as a junior. Your body changes, and whether or not you will have sustained quads is of question, but there are safe ways to push your body further, and Sasha seems determined to do these quads. This is coming from someone who was very skeptical about her meteroic rise to these jumps earlier this season.

There is something to be said about the depth of the Russian ladies field shoving other girls out, but that's another conversation, I think. There are lots of Russian skaters who still have dedicated die-hard fans, even if they are no longer the fed's chosen one or so much in the spotlight. Sometimes someones skating can really touch an audience, and in turn make them unforgettable, and I don't think that's dependent on who the fed is pushing forward. I think it's safe to say that wherever Alexandra's career goes, she will be remembered for being one of the pioneers with these jumps.

kenboy123

On the Ice
I don't think it's necessarily true. Miki Ando didn't have a short career - she competed as a senior for many years after training quads as a junior. Your body changes, and whether or not you will have sustained quads is of question, but there are safe ways to push your body further, and Sasha seems determined to do these quads. This is coming from someone who was very skeptical about her meteroic rise to these jumps earlier this season.

There is something to be said about the depth of the Russian ladies field shoving other girls out, but that's another conversation, I think. There are lots of Russian skaters who still have dedicated die-hard fans, even if they are no longer the fed's chosen one or so much in the spotlight. Sometimes someones skating can really touch an audience, and in turn make them unforgettable, and I don't think that's dependent on who the fed is pushing forward. I think it's safe to say that wherever Alexandra's career goes, she will be remembered for being one of the pioneers with these jumps.

Did Miki Ando ever do quads in competitions though???...i don't remember if she did as i was a very young child back when she was still competing...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Miki Ando ever do quads in competitions though???...i don't remember if she did as i was a very young child back when she was still competing...

They responded to you about your claim that Sasha will have a short career. “ All these girls will have short careers” you said. The response to you was that Miki had a career that spanned many years after training quads as a junior.

No senior lady has landed a quad in competition .... yet. Miki tried but they were all deemed UR at the senior level but she did have one ratified as a junior.