Share your favourite tango programs! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Share your favourite tango programs!

pearly

Record Breaker
I hope we'll see a true Argentine Tango short dance next season, the kind you'd see danced in a milonga. I hope the Gadbois Teams recognize the novelty of that style in ice skating. Pretty much all ice dance programs so far have been either ballroom or show tango and I don't know which is worse.

There is this little known, beautiful version of tango with hours and hours music that has never been used in skating.

Lota

Record Breaker
Davis/White - Tango from 2011 Worlds FD - that sensuality and sublime passion...one of my favorite programs in Ä°D.

Yesss, I love that program so much, it's one of my favourites ever, can't believe I forgot to mention it :eeking: I mean the intricacy, the detail :love: The musical selection was great, the elements and positions very difficult and inventive, I just love it :luv17: Sad that I never see it mentioned anywhere.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I hope we'll see a true Argentine Tango short dance next season, the kind you'd see danced in a milonga. I hope the Gadbois Teams recognize the novelty of that style in ice skating. Pretty much all ice dance programs so far have been either ballroom or show tango and I don't know which is worse.

There is this little known, beautiful version of tango with hours and hours music that has never been used in skating.

I'm sure Marie-France and Patrice can infuse some Argentine Tango influence into her teams, there's a lot of that shown in their 2007 OD that I linked upthread. The pattern for juniors next year is Argentine Tango versus Tango Romantica for seniors, so I think you will find more of that style in juniors.

pearly

Record Breaker
I'm sure Marie-France and Patrice can infuse some Argentine Tango influence into her teams, there's a lot of that shown in their 2007 OD that I linked upthread. The pattern for juniors next year is Argentine Tango versus Tango Romantica for seniors, so I think you will find more of that style in juniors.

I see pattern as a separate thing. The music is tango. There's still music and choreography that each team can choose for themselves. All I am saying is - I want to see a program that is not Scent of a Woman, Piazzola, Roxanne or Jalousie; does not include red roses, fishnets, asymmetrical red or black dresses; and does not involve that stiff ballroom tango posture.

There is so much more to tango and I wish more people knew it.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I love his Tango Amore. And didn't Boyang use that music for his 2015-2016 season SP?

As far as more authentic Argentine tango -- I love it but have a very hard time picturing molinetes, ganchos, cruzadas, and ochos on ice, the Argentine ones, not the ballroom type.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
^^^I love his Tango Amore. And didn't Boyang use that music for his 2015-2016 season SP?

As far as more authentic Argentine tango -- I love it but have a very hard time picturing molinetes, ganchos, cruzadas, and ochos on ice, the Argentine ones, not the ballroom type.

Yes Boyang did it.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
A couple of my favorites that I haven't seen mentioned yet after skimming the thread...

Punslan & Swallow's Oblivion freedance
Kristi Yamaguchi's pro program to La Cumparsita
Lu Chen's Adios Nonino short program

LandShark

Rinkside
As already mentioned , Duchesney's '88 tango , set a standard not since matched , they actually made audiences get the humour and laugh , don't see that with todays crop.

Trawling through the memory banks , Laetitia Hubert had a tango SP in the late 90's I think , which I remember being more than a tad enjoyable.

The 1997 tango original dances were cracking good entertainment.

Mdk0144

On the Ice

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

:laugh: He did! That's when I first noticed Boyang, unfortunately he looked about five years old and it was like "That seems inappropriate" but then later on at a show Plushy and Boyang had a Tango Amore-Off and it was epic.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
-Josha Farris’s Libertango

Thanks for this one. Just wanted to point out though that there's something wrong with the way the links are formatted in your post. The link for Joshua works when I modify it to //youtu.be/Vnct0F-nni4

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Thanks for this one. Just wanted to point out though that there's something wrong with the way the links are formatted in your post. The link for Joshua works when I modify it to //youtu.be/Vnct0F-nni4

Ahhhh thank you!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bumping this thread because I haven't had time to go through it and watch the videos, and I don't want the thread to get lost.