Volosozhar/Trankov or Savchenko/Massot? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Volosozhar/Trankov or Savchenko/Massot?

moriel

Record Breaker
I love K/S and they had better programs than any of the other pairs by a mile, but their skating skills and element quality suffers a little in comparison. Small throws (albeit a quad) and weak twist.

Manfred though :love::love::love:.

(Other than B/S, Moskvina pairs have generally struggled with element quality/skating skills in comparison to their Russian rivals, and even B/S had a crashy twist.)

Yeah dunno... tbh they programs tend to be so good that I dont really care about everything else.
I mean, they can skate it cleanish once in a season, and that is enough <3

sarama

Medalist
Savchenko/Szolkowy and Ingo Steuer's magic.

To me both V/T and S/M had a lot of potential that never had the time to fully blossom. Gorgeous elements, but disjointed and generic programs (especially for V/T). They only skated together for a quad and it showed. In fact in many ways I liked V/T more during their comeback season than when they won the Olympics

moriel

Record Breaker

To me both V/T and S/M had a lot of potential that never had the time to fully blossom. Gorgeous elements, but disjointed and generic programs (especially for V/T). They only skated together for a quad and it showed. In fact in many ways I liked V/T more during their comeback season than when they won the Olympics

Yep i agree... From their previous quad, Masquerade only stands out.
But their post Olympic programs were awesome

perspicuosity

Rinkside

What are your favorite (might be considered iconic) S/S programs? I've struggled to understand them, since I think a lot of their innovation is compared to what other teams were doing at the time.

My (limited understanding) list has:

- Pina: Modern dance training! Aliona squatting in Robin's arms!
- Lost in Space (esp. Worlds): SPEED. Pink body suit (this is apparently a theme).
- Pink Panther LP: Also pink body suit.
- Schindler's List: Using the not-pretty part of the music
- Out of Africa: Composed and learned in weeks

Others?

monwara

Rinkside
V/T are my favorite. I love their Masquerade Waltz and still watch it many times. Dracula and Bollywood were also fantastic. V/T are the best pairs for me.

sarama

Medalist
Yep i agree... From their previous quad, Masquerade only stands out.
But their post Olympic programs were awesome

Totally agreed. It's like the minute they were really gelling they retired and their comeback programs are the proof of that. Too bad they didn't get together sooner.

What are your favorite (might be considered iconic) S/S programs? I've struggled to understand them, since I think a lot of their innovation is compared to what other teams were doing at the time.

My (limited understanding) list has:

- Pina: Modern dance training! Aliona squatting in Robin's arms!
- Lost in Space (esp. Worlds): SPEED. Pink body suit (this is apparently a theme).
- Pink Panther LP: Also pink body suit.
- Schindler's List: Using the not-pretty part of the music
- Out of Africa: Composed and learned in weeks

Others?

Those are their best programs in my opinion too. Pina and Out of Africa probably my favourites. Off the top of my head I might also add their last SP (I understand they went for a Pink Panther revival later in the season just to try everything, and subtle isn't always the way to go for the Olympics), Send in the clowns (I didn't mind the clown costumes and makeup, it was beautiful) and their Cirque du Soleil FS in 07-08. They had some interesting programs even earlier, but they weren't as committed to the programs at they became later on.