Russian local competitions 2017-2018 | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Russian local competitions 2017-2018

Country
Russia
For prizes of the President of the Federation of figure skating in Moscow

This time it was not so interesting as previous ones.
At 2016 I've seen seven(!!!) back-to-back clean FS (Senior Ladies), 77 jumps (including 49 triples, 14 2A) with no falls, no URs, only one step-out. I believe it was only one time in all FS history.
At 2017 - excellent skating of Scherbakova and Trusova.

This time were not so many skaters and almost no clean performances (only Egor Rukhin in Senor Men, no quads, while were good 3A).
But it was interesting. Very good skating (except one mistake) of Scherbakova. Nice skating of "Tatarstan princess" Yasmina Kadyrova. Fomina progressed a lot and if not in Russia would become national level skater - she is way better than Austman and Chartrand for example. Tsibinova was good and way better than other Junior Ladies. Mukhortova has very good non-jumping elements while not so good jumps. Very young Rukhin was good for his age etc.

And I've seen a lot of known skaters who did not compete there. Daniil Samsonov, Moris Kvitelashvili, Alexey Erokhov, Artem Kovalev, Tsurskaya, Tarakanova, Trusova - they all look fine. Also all the Team Tutberidze - Eteri (in three different suits for one day), Dudakov, Gleykhengaus, Rozanov - they also look fine.

tars

Record Breaker
If in all-Russian competitions are 6 or more competitors in Seniors, places 1 and 2 get title "Master of Sports". So when Guseva WD - Kostornaia competed (only SP but it is counted), she has this title yet, and when she WD after SP two girls got chance to earn this title - Anna Scherbakova and Yasmina Kadyrova from Kazan (she skates nicely), who got 1st and 2nd places.
So Anna will become MC now?
Why didn't she receive it last year, when she won senior category as well? :think:

hanca

Record Breaker
For prizes of the President of the Federation of figure skating in Moscow

This time it was not so interesting as previous ones.
At 2016 I've seen seven(!!!) back-to-back clean FS (Senior Ladies), 77 jumps (including 49 triples, 14 2A) with no falls, no URs, only one step-out. I believe it was only one time in all FS history.
At 2017 - excellent skating of Scherbakova and Trusova.

This time were not so many skaters and almost no clean performances (only Egor Rukhin in Senor Men, no quads, while were good 3A).
But it was interesting. Very good skating (except one mistake) of Scherbakova. Nice skating of "Tatarstan princess" Yasmina Kadyrova. Fomina progressed a lot and if not in Russia would become national level skater - she is way better than Austman and Chartrand for example. Tsibinova was good and way better than other Junior Ladies. Mukhortova has very good non-jumping elements while not so good jumps. Very young Rukhin was good for his age etc.

And I've seen a lot of known skaters who did not compete there. Daniil Samsonov, Moris Kvitelashvili, Alexey Erokhov, Artem Kovalev, Tsurskaya, Tarakanova, Trusova - they all look fine. Also all the Team Tutberidze - Eteri (in three different suits for one day), Dudakov, Gleykhengaus, Rozanov - they also look fine.

To be fair, the junior skating season is quite long because it starts a month earlier than the seniors and they also have to be ready even earlier for their test skates otherwise they wouldn’t get their JGP events, so I don’t blame them that they don’t want to compete at the second half of the April. Short holiday, end of the school years exams at school and getting new program, and maybe even spending some time on learning new elements such as quads, this all takes time. So those who have done well throughout the year, they don’t need to be competing now. If the organisers want the big names at their competition, they should do the competition in February or March.

Country
Russia
If the organisers want the big names at their competition, they should do the competition in February or March.
Impossile.
Junior Nationals - late January or early Febriary.
Moscow and StPetersburg qualifiers to Nationals Younger Age - about the same time.
Moscow and StPetersburg qualifiers to Nationals Elder Age - early March.
Nationals Younger Age and Junior Worlds - early or mid March.
Nationals Elder Age - early April.

If "For prizes of the President of the Federation of figure skating in Moscow" will be earlier than mid April - "big names" will be at above mentioned competitions.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
AlexRus, do you know if this was the last competition in Russia this season? I went back and looked through some old videos and I found videos from something called "Rostelecom crystal skate" that used to be held after Elder Age, and it was for international novices and younger. Does it still exist, was it absorbed into another competition, was renamed or it doesn't exist anymore?

tars

Record Breaker
AlexRus, do you know if this was the last competition in Russia this season? I went back and looked through some old videos and I found videos from something called "Rostelecom crystal skate" that used to be held after Elder Age, and it was for international novices and younger. Does it still exist, was it absorbed into another competition, was renamed or it doesn't exist anymore?
Good question - Shcherbakova took bronze in 2015 "Crystal Skate", I don't think it had taken place since then... :think:

Country
Russia

Last "Crystal skate" was at 2015, after that - no such a competitions.