Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids" | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Russian TV Show "Ice Age Kids"

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
how cute is lyosha with the these kids... he’s just the sweetest man[emoji7]

Yagudin is definitely the best part of the show. His interactions with kids aren't forced and he is great at talking to both the winning and the losing kids.

Also, what's up with the blatant favoritism on some of these teams? Of course I realize you can't avoid that, but some coaches (cough cough Kostomarov) were a little too open about it on camera. Oh well. Still a great show! I'm glad they brought back Belyavsky, he deserved it. Wonder if the elimination rules will change next week.

Heatherpalmer

Rinkside
I can’t imagine anyone better than him for this show, I don’t understand a word of Russian but I enjoy watching nonetheless. Can’t really comment on favouritism as I don’t know what they’re saying [emoji23]🤦🏽*♀️. I think the last boy who skated is lyosha’s favourite though, just from the way he interacts with him. He skates very much like Alexei I think.

Helena b

Rinkside
I can’t imagine anyone better than him for this show, I don’t understand a word of Russian but I enjoy watching nonetheless. Can’t really comment on favouritism as I don’t know what they’re saying [emoji23]🤦🏽*♀️. I think the last boy who skated is lyosha’s favourite though, just from the way he interacts with him. He skates very much like Alexei I think.

By the way, a skater with the closest to Yagudin's style is Daniil Samsonov. Of course he's too young to compare, but he already has this confidence and presence on the ice Alexey had. And the programms this year really reminded me of Yagudin. Something fast and more... masculine, if I dare to say so. That's what todays men's fs is lacking in my opinion.

Heatherpalmer

Rinkside
Was that the kid skating to the hunchback? He was fab.
Anyone know why the skaters have been brought back from last week?

tars

Record Breaker
Sorry to say, but my teeth hurt listening to Zhenya in this show. She's complete mismatch as a host. :hopelessness:

katymay

Medalist
If I heard right what Tarasova has just said, I think she should leave this show immediately. It's almost like she doesn't even realise where she is at this point.
To the little girl in the blue who was eliminated? My heart broke for her. I thought she was wonderful, great personality and strong jumping ability. Boo.

Jrhamstercat89

Rinkside
Sorry to say, but my teeth hurt listening to Zhenya in this show. She's complete mismatch as a host. :hopelessness:

Finally someone said it, I was hoping she would get better but it's painful listening to her!! I really want to like her and I hope she improves, but so far it's not her bag :(

Manitou

Medalist
What was the deal with the 13-year old boy on Trankov’s team who didn’t qualify in the first episode, then today was brought back to the show, but didn’t skate? As a result the lion girl qualified instead.
My Russian unfortunately failed me and I couldn’t understand what they were talking about.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
What was the deal with the 13-year old boy on Trankov’s team who didn’t qualify in the first episode, then today was brought back to the show, but didn’t skate? As a result the lion girl qualified instead.
My Russian unfortunately failed me and I couldn’t understand what they were talking about.

He broke finger on the leg.. in soccer :palmf: :laugh: Actually, I am glad it's the case since I really like lion-girl :love: I mean, there are too many kids tears for my taste already and it would be too hard for me to see such a cutie crying :noshake:

P.S.: her haughty look when she was hearing boy's story and she realised that she will advance further anyway despite her failed jumps - was brilliant :biggrin:

Manitou

Medalist
I am really happy with their choices of the kids who were asked to come back despite being eliminated. The freckled boy Maksim is one of my favourite skaters on the show. Plus, I was truly heartbroken to see the pair Evelina-Ilya (the girl in yellow dress) sent home one week ago and now they brought them back!
And I fully agree with the comments that Evgenia appears uncomfortable in her show hosting role. I'd rather see her skate..

Heatherpalmer

Rinkside
At least someone has finally stopped dressing her like a Middle Aged woman! what was going on with Alexei’s jacket though, their stylist is terrible!

Helena b

Rinkside
To the little girl in the blue who was eliminated? My heart broke for her. I thought she was wonderful, great personality and strong jumping ability. Boo.

No, to Yagudin. She called him bastard or however it could be translated in English. It was when Yagudin was sitting and talking with a boy who broke his finger. And she said that without a hint of humor.

Heatherpalmer

Rinkside
Wow bit uncalled for on her part, I get she was trying to talk to him but he was quite rightly talking to the poor kid who couldn’t skate.
She does like the sound of her own voice doesn’t she!

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
No, to Yagudin. She called him bastard or however it could be translated in English.

:) Oh, really? You mean this moment? I think it's OK. I don't know either what is a good translation for this word... The first translations in a dictionary are "rabble", "rascal"... She said it to Yagudin who wouldn't worry about it.

One comment below the video even says, that Maximilian didn't brake anything, that he participated in a competition (April 18-20)... Maybe the producers decided they couldn't say, that somebody had decided to leave the show. I don't know.

Yagudin: Maximilian, where are we sitting? In Kiss and Cry. Why are we here, not on the ice? Maybe you could tell this story.
Maximilian: I'm not on the ice, because I'm injured, so I can't skate at this show.
Yagudin: Where did we brake a finger?
Maximilian: At the training.
Yagudin: What sport was it?
Maximilian: The figure skating.
Trankov: Say the truth, why not?
Yagudin: Say the truth!
Maximilian: I broke the finger, because I was playing football.
Yagudin: Well done!!!
Trankov: All the country is fond of football!
Yagudin: All the country is fond of football which somehow still doesn't bring us that happiness which we expect from them. Now I'll tell a story in order to support you. I don't remember what a season it was, Tatiana Anatolievna went away only for a week, saying: "Please, just don't do anything needless! Can you do without me for a few days?" I say: "Tatiana Anatolievna, the task is clear!" We were going to the Grand Prix Final in Japan. Tatiana Anatolievna comes back, says: "Lyoshechka, why are you limping?" I say: "I twisted my ankle." She says: "Where?" I say: "Of course, on the ice!" Yet (like in your case) it wasn't the truth: Lyoshka went to play tennis, and when I returned from the courts, I stepped on a tennis ball and twisted my ankle - this is true indeed. We lost at the Grand Prix Final, yet later Lyoshka and Tanyushka (he means TAT) won the Olympic gold. So forget about football and return to our figure skating family...
TAT: What family?? How many years have you been lying??
Yagudin: I hear Tatiana Anatolievna shouting something, I'm afraid she doesn't support me. Yes, Tatiana Anatolievna?
TAT: A rascal!
Yagudin (almost laughs): A rascal?
Trankov: It is said to him, not to you.
Yagudin: It is said to me. You are a good boy. (even though you were not so good when you were playing football) Take care, please. And return to the ice soon. Give me five!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27lCAJ_zXt4

Well, if it was just a decision of the boy's family, Yagudin and Trankov helped them to leave...

Elucidus

Match Penalty
If I heard right what Tarasova has just said, I think she should leave this show immediately. It's almost like she doesn't even realise where she is at this point.

In her defence I would say that she gave really helpful advice to lion-girl about not jumping second jump in combination if you have bad landing and trying to transfer it to later jumps.

Also I really like bantering between Kostomarov and Trankov about said lion-girl ) When Kostomarov started criticize her lion face makeup - implying it was hard for him to discern her facial expression - and therefore her emotions and artistic abilities - Trankov took it as personal insult and he began to attack Kostomarov team's war-paint as well calling them чумазики (diminutive form of grimy and smutty ones) and he shutted Kostomarov - saying that he just doesn't have right to say anything with that team at all :laugh2: