Daily Appreciation Thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daily Appreciation Thread

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
and don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got til it's gone

Thanks Max for being as wonderful as you are.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My favorite things about skating would take to long to list, but I'd like to thank my mom and dad for buying me my first pair of figure skates when we moved to Prince George, BC and that first winter my dad made a small rink in our back yard and my mom for driving me to my figure skating lessons. Neither of them are here now, but my life long love of figure skating was certainly nurtured by them.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
***Particular Daily Appreciation Post***

Thank You, dear Interspectator for giving me my 12,000 'thumb up' on my posts!:thank::cheer:

Thank You, Wenjing and Cong for so many memorable performances, for the attitude infused in them, for so wonderful musicality, for this feeling watching them like they are dancing, not only skating. Few days ago, I binge-watched probably all their performances from past 3 seasons - and they really made me wanting more of that amazingness!!! I was particularly 'hooked' on 'Spanish romance/Farrucas' SP from Boston Worlds 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUqGIjC2cqc :love:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Thank You, dear Interspectator for giving me my 12,000 'thumb up' on my posts!:thank::cheer:

Thank You, Wenjing and Cong for so many memorable performances, for the attitude infused in them, for so wonderful musicality, for this feeling watching them like they are dancing, not only skating. Few days ago, I binge-watched probably all their performances from past 3 seasons - and they really made me wanting more of that amazingness!!! I was particularly 'hooked' on 'Spanish romance/Farrucas' SP from Boston Worlds 2016 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUqGIjC2cqc :love:
:eek:: aw, appreciation is mutual. :ghug:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm really ashamed that I think about this so late, but absolute super appreciation to everyone who provides streaming links and puts up videos asap after a competition. That is outstandingly wonderful!!! :points::hap10:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks to everyone who posts reports about competitions, shows, video links to great performances! :biggrin:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Thanks to the GS'ers who have introduced me to some new sites this past season such as skatingscores.com and the Olympic Channel website that has the full OG events (CBC site stopped hosting them so it's great to know of this alternative).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Thank You, Ekaterina and Dmitri for a beauty that was 'Anna Karenina' FD - it broke my heart to not being able to see it at Worlds, but I still get back to 2015 NHK performance of it, it just has such powerfulness and emotional impact for me. This was the season I got their skating and way of expressing themselves and that program played major part in the process. They really managed to tell the story beautifully, in a vivid way that was both thrilling and sad. And my vanity side is still all about their costumes, Ekaterina's dress was PERFECTION
https://youtu.be/9YlB3gZMl40
:love:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Watching some figure skating videos and I am appreciating the volunteers that make these figure skating events possible including the flower girls/boys, flower kids' supervisors, ushers, and those working hard in the background :agree:

Also, appreciate hearing PJ Kwong's voice as the announcer and just read that Pyeongchang was her 8th Olympics :eek: :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Watching some figure skating videos and I am appreciating the volunteers that make these figure skating events possible including the flower girls/boys, flower kids' supervisors, ushers, and those working hard in the background :agree:

Also, appreciate hearing PJ Kwong's voice as the announcer and just read that Pyeongchang was her 8th Olympics :eek: :)

almost as many as ajona :laugh:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I'd like to show my appreciation for those skaters who have not won any big medals -or maybe even no medals- in years, and yet keep competing - for the love of the sport or the feeling of skating itself, for the fans, for any other reasons that keep them going... Thank you. Skating wouldn't be as much fun to watch without you. :thank:

LadyB

Record Breaker

Thank You, Ekaterina and Dmitri for a beauty that was 'Anna Karenina' FD - it broke my heart to not being able to see it at Worlds, but I still get back to 2015 NHK performance of it, it just has such powerfulness and emotional impact for me. This was the season I got their skating and way of expressing themselves and that program played major part in the process. They really managed to tell the story beautifully, in a vivid way that was both thrilling and sad. And my vanity side is still all about their costumes, Ekaterina's dress was PERFECTION
https://youtu.be/9YlB3gZMl40
:love:

Wonderful words and so true! 'Oblivion' this year was beautiful as well. I miss them very much already :sad21:

Special appreciation for Toller Cranston :love::hap10:
Without him, I would have never discovered FS the way I did, would have never been to Moscow and meet all those lovely people, would have never meet you GS guys!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I appreciate the Youtube channel of Studio 38: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7IvcuUJ4AH19WO4Om-44JA

For bringing us the type of coverage no one would have hoped to even dream about just a couple of years ago. There's something to watch almost daily, and many great talents have been discovered thanks to them.

I appreciate Anna Shcherbakova for existing.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Appreciation for...year round skating rinks. Among other things, making both fall and winter competitions and spring and summer ice shows possible.

tars

Record Breaker
I appreciate Anna Shcherbakova for not giving up after severe leg injury. :pray::clapper:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I appreciate that Patrick Chan found the courage to not retire after 2017 SC, instead making changes to rediscover his joy of skating and battling on to compete at Nationals and the Olympics. Thankfully, 2017 SC wasn’t the last DITW and Hallelujah we saw from him (we found out later that it could have been :eek:).

I appreciate Patrick’s many amazing programs over the last 10 years, and I’m so glad he came back to competition after Sochi. :yes:

I also appreciate Patrick for thanking his parents like this :love::love::love: (the words and tears of a grateful son who has learned what is truly golden).

I appreciate Deniss Vasiljevs for coming along before Patrick retired so I have someone else amazing to follow in his competitive absence.

I appreciate the skaters who aren’t afraid to go out there and be themselves (too many to list, but I'll give a special shout-out to Misha Ge).

I appreciate the Shibs for their perseverance and for being great role models in all aspects of life.

I appreciate every skater for skating. The ones who aren’t my favorites provide contrast and deepen my appreciation of the ones who are.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I know for many posters it is already May 13 and I think this should be the appropriate thread to wish for a Happy Mother's Day!

To all the mothers who have guided their children through their aspirations, studies, careers, and lives, your dedication, love, and support is appreciated :thank:.

Wishing all the mothers here at GS a great day!