Most Anticipated 18-19 Program (Choose ONE) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Most Anticipated 18-19 Program (Choose ONE)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Cause who can resist quoting you with your avatar, talking about Weaver/Poje’s glorious tango skills ;)

But seriously I think poster just clicked Reply with Quote instead of Reply to Thread

i guess you are proving your own point . you couldn't resist could you? ;)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
^ I don't want to cheat either but since our friend, Osmond4gold, hasn't participated yet, I'd say O4G is anticipating Kaetlyn's LP and a few of us are sharing this sentiment (but again have to wait till nationals) :agree2:

OutsideEdge

Rinkside
Of the ones we know about currently, I'm really excited about Nathan's FP. The clips we've gotten of it are obviously early and therefore a bit rough, but it looks so promising. The choreography is interesting and suits Nathan's strengths, I think, and I'm so excited to see how it all comes together. There are a lot of programs I'm looking forward to this year, but this one stands out because of the ways I think it can advance Nathan's performances if handled correctly.

Without breaking the rules, I will say I reserve the right to freak out about Yuzu's programs when they're announced. :biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Daisuke Takahashi's programs :love::luv17:

Count me in - I know I'm already cheating on how many programs I anticipate the most, but welp:laugh:

I would love to see a 'dance-y' program that would put in use his dancing experience he got while not competing, but with his excellent feel of music he can tackle anything for me:)

amonemae

Rinkside
If I had to choose, Boyang's SP because it's so different from him.

And now that I don't really have to choose:
Satoko's SP and FS because of the music choices (also the fan reports from The Ice were all quite positive and funny, saying that how she skates her SP makes her look taller which I find interesting)
Daisuke's because I still can't believe this is happening
Evgenia's because this season is already quite a departure for her
Deniss' because we have heard nothing and I'm so curious about it all
SuiHan because I love them

(I could go on so I need to stop)

Wynter

On the Ice
Hanyu's FP. I will happily accept if he decided to recycle LGC for his SP, but I am very curious to see how he deal with the changes in FP.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I had to choose, Boyang's SP because it's so different from him.

And now that I don't really have to choose:

SuiHan because I love them

(I could go on so I need to stop)

Sui and Han have withdrawn from their Gr Prix assignments, so I fear we have a bit of a wait with them for their new programs. :(

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
I've got to say two : The one of Yuzuru's programs that won't be jazz (I think he has said he wanted to do jazz) since I don't like jazz programs & Gracie's short since she always fared better in the short.

vunhung3001

Rinkside
Nathan's free. I love his music choice and the program looked very promising to me.
Alina's SP. I don't like neither POTO nor Carmen but the music arragement for POTO is unusual and that intrigues me. I also want to see how she would deal with two of warhorses.
Alena's Romeo and Juliet program. IMO She is beautiful skater and one of few skaters who can sell whatever they skate to ( along with Satoko and Hanyu) even with bad programs. I'm looking forward to another beautiful program of her.
Kaori's FS. A beautiful ( yet unpolished) program.
But if I have to choose one, it will be Hanyu. I'm not too worried about his programs ( Well, that said, I pray every single day it's NOT a program choreographed by David Wilson) As I said, whatever he skates to, he always can find out the way to make it work and sell it. I'm simply curious what he will show.

SkySkater

On the Ice
The two skaters programs I am most excited for this season are probably Nastia T (her believer looks amazing with so much speed and power and her as of yet unknown short—I am praying for some grand classical music) and Zhenya’s jazz and tango program. If I had to choose one it would probably be Zhenya’s tango just because I want to see what she can do with it as the style of movement is very different to what I’ve seen before and we’ll be able to see how much her skating has changed from last season which should be really exciting.

mikeko666

Final Flight
Daisuke Takahashi's either SP choreographed by David Wilson or FS by Benoit Richaud. I expect them to be something genuinely unique and original, like his 2011-2012 SP by Wilson. I don't care if the conservative judges will like them or not.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Right now I remember Philipe Candeloro's Godfather programs (SP and FS). His D'Artagnian program was also one of a kind.

FSLover17

On the Ice
Satoko's free skate. All of her programs with Tom Dickson have been beautiful (Madame Butterfly, The Planets, Firedance, Miss Saigon) and its a new direction for her and I'm so excited to see her pull it off!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Jason Browns free. Don't know what it is yet, but looking forward to seeing a non-Rohene program from Jason and I am very curious

sworddance21

On the Ice
While there are several I could name, I'm on the Jason Brown FP bandwagon. Interested to see a collaboration with a choreographer other than Rohene Ward (although I love his work...).

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
I could say Yuzuru's programs, but then I know that whatever he skates to I'll end up loving it, even a warhorse -though I wish he won't do one.-, or I could say Dice, but then I still can't believe he's back, or Hubbell/Donohue tango because they are perfect for tango, but then I know I'm going to love it because they are perfect for tango. So...

I'll pick Evgenia's SP. I really want to see her doing something completely different, I do hope it'll be different, not because I didn't love what she did before, I'm one of the people around here who loves all her programs since she was still in juniors. But she's made such a huge bet, uprooting her whole life, moving so far away from home and everything that's safe and known, I want to see that reflected on her SP.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I'm sorry, Daisuke Takahashi? THE Daisuke Takahashi? He's back?

:drama: I need to catch up on posts and news

ETA: I've just found out this was announced a month ago. I'm so ashamed. :shame: :slink: