Most Anticipated 18-19 Program (Choose ONE) | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Most Anticipated 18-19 Program (Choose ONE)

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
"Wicked Game" - FS from Alexa Knierim and Chris Knierim

It's surprising that they picked another romantic piece. (Who picked it? It sounds a little like A & C put themselves entirely in Aljona's hands.) It'll be really interesting to see Aljona's vision for them. I enjoyed her choreo for the other German pair last year. And Aljona said she wanted to work with Benoit Richaud.
I dont think of Wicked Game as "romantic" ...I always thought of it as raw, sexy and soulful - the complete opposite of thier Ghost program

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
I :thumbsup: this post to get a second choice :biggrin:

I’m curious to see what Vincent Zhou will come up with in his second senior season. Lots of experience last season with ups and downs. Challenging to start a senior season in an olympic year and amazing to end up in sixth place there. His free skate at worlds was a disaster, so done with that experience.

Most looking forward to his free program. Which I know nothing abut, music or choreographer. He’s changed training location to Colorado, which is a good place to work on stamina. Hopefully that and Christy Krall will help him get his jumps fully rotated. I think he has kind of a cool on ice personality that he can develop. He showed it in Stars on Ice where his performances were appriciated.

Finally his own words:“I think Tammy’s move to the Springs will balance my training and increase the amount of time I’m able to spend on my choreography and spins for a more complete program”.

This could be a breakthrough year for Vincent....as last year should have really just been seen as experience for him. He may be ready to compete for medal contention! Wishing him the best!

GGFan

Record Breaker
I've already seen Nathan's and Satoko's so I can eliminate them. Of the ones I have not seen yet: Daisuke's easily :love:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'd love to be able to anticipate Laurine's programs, but at the moment I'm just hoping it won't be too long before I find out where I can anticipate first seeing them...French Masters is too long to wait!

russell30

Final Flight
I love a comeback! so looking forward to Dai's programs, looking forward for Caro's free program I am hoping Lori will give her something classically lyrical again it just suits her!!

Kaetlyn too if she comes back at Nationals!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I dont think of Wicked Game as "romantic" ...I always thought of it as raw, sexy and soulful - the complete opposite of thier Ghost program

Being one of the few people in the universe who hasn't seen Game of Thrones, I'd never heard this song till a few days ago when I looked it up so I could respond in this thread. So I don't connect it with anything, and it was just a first impression that the song could be seen as romantic, but mine was definitely not a negative remark. If it IS romantic, I was mainly thinking that it would look very different from "Ghost" or "Your Song," which I enjoyed from them, but it did get stretched out too long, for my taste.

Aljona has said she wants to help Alexa and Chris portray their connection in a stronger way, and make it more visible and enjoyable to the audience. I think her experience and vision will make this program very very interesting, and I'm excited to see it for all those reasons. However, I really like your take on it as raw, sexy and soulful. :) that will make it all the more effective, I think.