2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Ladies SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Ladies SP

Fluture

Record Breaker
So, I‘ve no idea what the competition threads are like but here I am. :laugh:

I‘m not quite up-to-date as I‘m only now catching up with everyone. Which means, I only started the stream and watched Trusova‘s SP. And of course I have to talk about her. Honestly, she‘s so good it‘s not even funny. That cantilever right into a spin? And that 3lz-3lo combo is so explosive, right to the beats of the music. I love it! She still lacks a bit of fire and a bit more energy to portray the music and overall I prefer Shcherbakova‘s and Kostornaya’s short programs but as with them, she‘ll need time to improve and grow into it.

What I don‘t love, is the costume, though. I mean, I get it‘s matching the theme but to me the part dress part pantsuit thing is distracting me. I don‘t even mind the colour, it‘s just... either make a dress or a pantsuit but not both at the same time. :slink:

And now I‘m going away again to catch up with the others. Hopefully I‘ll be there for the FS the right time. :laugh:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I'm already curious to see the protocols of this event... I think it will make up for some interesting discussions. :dev3:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello everybody!

Haven't been watching so far today as I only arrived home from holidays at 3am this morning. And tiredness is starting to catch up with me now.

Just dipping in here to see Eliana making her Junior GP debut. Even though I have adopted her, I confess that I haven't actually seen her skating before. So, this will be something new for me too.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST, ELIANA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

rikaquegira

On the Ice
So, I‘ve no idea what the competition threads are like but here I am. :laugh:

I‘m not quite up-to-date as I‘m only now catching up with everyone. Which means, I only started the stream and watched Trusova‘s SP. And of course I have to talk about her. Honestly, she‘s so good it‘s not even funny. That cantilever right into a spin? And that 3lz-3lo combo is so explosive, right to the beats of the music. I love it! She still lacks a bit of fire and a bit more energy to portray the music and overall I prefer Shcherbakova‘s and Kostornaya’s short programs but as with them, she‘ll need time to improve and grow into it.

What I don‘t love, is the costume, though. I mean, I get it‘s matching the theme but to me the part dress part pantsuit thing is distracting me. I don‘t even mind the colour, it‘s just... either make a dress or a pantsuit but not both at the same time. :slink:

And now I‘m going away again to catch up with the others. Hopefully I‘ll be there for the FS the right time. :laugh:

I saw a drawing on Instagram. A yellow dress with black stripes and a yellow belt, just like the main character's iconic clothing. I think that would've made a better dress. Simple and effective.
But I would choose just the pantsuit, a yellow pantsuit. I think skaters are afraid of wearing yellow though... For some reason.
Anyway, I don't like the dress either.
But that's the only thing I don't like there. Love the program and Sasha!!! :love:

Nimyue

On the Ice
I really loved Trusova's costume. :shrug: I liked how different it was. He spins were really nice today too. I've watched some other videos of her where her spins weren't as well centered. Really impressed by the program.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, that was a pleasant surprise.

Although Eliana is at the bottom of the table at the moment, I can see potential.

Like all the Cypriot girls, she doesn't have as much speed as the top skaters. But, that is to be expected when the rink in her home country (in fact, her home town) is so small. And the fact that she is so tall means that the effect is magnified for her compared to shorter girls.

But, I was impressed with what she was actually doing. If she builds up the speed over the next couple of years, I can see her becoming a familiar face on the international stage.

:cheer: WELL DONE, ELIANA!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I saw a drawing on Instagram. A yellow dress with black stripes and a yellow belt, just like the main character's iconic clothing. I think that would've made a better dress. Simple and effective.
But I would choose just the pantsuit, a yellow pantsuit. I think skaters are afraid of wearing yellow though... For some reason.
Anyway, I don't like the dress either.
But that's the only thing I don't like there. Love the program and Sasha!!! :love:

She could still have done a black pantsuit with a few yellow accents. That would have been very nice.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really loved Trusova's costume. :shrug: I liked how different it was. He spins were really nice today too. I've watched some other videos of her where her spins weren't as well centered. Really impressed by the program.

I loved it too and in my opinion it fits the Tiny Boss very well. I agree about the spins although drop the illusion exit please. It’s not necessary after such an intricate and well delivered entry. Her skating skills come form a source of power and confidence as opposed to slow and delicate but they are really improving and very effective.

The poise and confidence in her landings is just unfair to others. I love her programs. She’s fierce and confident and her programs reflect it. Can’t wait for fifth element :hap93:

Nimyue

On the Ice
OMG I LOVE that dress..... I love Ombre.

I love how everyone's taste is so different :laugh2:
I also love her music.

frida80

Record Breaker
Audrey has tons of charisma. A shame about the jumps. Tom needs to fix that leg wrap.