2018 JGP Kaunas Ladies Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Ladies Free Skate

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I hate dusky rose. Her hair is nearly it's own embellishment to this costume.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Watching those first groups always remids me how difficult and demanding in fact figure skating is. When you see the top girls/ladies who move so easily and naturally, it could lead you to the conclusion that skater's life is just a bed of roses, which is not.

QuadSal

On the Ice
Watching those first groups always remids me how difficult and demanding in fact figure skating is. When you see the top girls/ladies who move so easily and naturally, it could lead you to the conclusion that skater's life is just a bed of roses, which is not.

Yeah, it puts your expectations in check, because not everyone has the same amount of ice time a practice due to various constraints they have.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yeah, it puts your expectations in check, because not everyone has the same amount of ice time a practice due to various constraints they have.

I think that the understanding of that applies to us who often judge skaters to this one standard, usually the highest or our individual, subjective taste. Seeing JGP circuit and realize that there is a variety of stages these skaters are at is eye-opening of some sort. As Ted said yesterday, the great thing to see at JGP is this group of skaters that are different, have their own goals/set of expectations, but have the passion for the sport.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Marta is a lovely skater. Pretty dress and she looked happy to be skating.

QuadSal

On the Ice
I think that the understanding of that applies to us who often judge skaters to this one standard, usually the highest or our individual, subjective taste. Seeing JGP circuit and realize that there is a variety of stages these skaters are at is eye-opening of some sort. As Ted said yesterday, the great thing to see at JGP is this group of skaters that are different, have their own goals/set of expectations, but have the passion for the sport.

Also you can that certain skaters are better in some areas than others and can see the potential if they can get better

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Also you can that certain skaters are better in some areas than others and can see the potential if they can get better

I agree, this is probably the best, most positive outlook to have:)

QuadSal

On the Ice
Veronika seems to have a similar dress to Zhenya's red Anna Karenina program from the Olympics.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am on a train and not watching live right now, but I'll be d***ed if I don't give this comment a thumbs up, even if I have no idea what you are referring to :rofl:

Her program had so much voice over work on it that it was more like an audiobook than music to me.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Not the best outing for the young south African but Ted thinks she has potential.