2018 JGP Kaunas Ladies Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Ladies Free Skate

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Where are our dutch members? Tulipstar? LadyJane? Dutch lady in first.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I just wonder what will happen when someone pushes it too far and included some overt religious or political voice overs in their program? Will the ISU finally step in and ban them?

Greta

On the Ice
If I were a skater I would literally skate to an audiobook with some background mood music. Sounds awesome.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice skate by Selina. Love when juniors wear yellow, because seniors usually don't.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Nice skate by Selina. Love when juniors wear yellow, because seniors usually don't.

I wasn’t a fan of the dress, but I agree on the color. Yellow is fun to wear. And it was nice to see an age-appropriate costume, even if I didn’t find it a good fit for the music.

The pink hair is killing me. I was hoping it was a temporary dye for the short, but obviously not (the roots are a dead giveaway). Then again, I dyed my hair with blue and purple streaks at 13, so I can’t judge... especially since I had to bleach mine to get the colour highlights.

ETA: oh god I would love a FS to the theme of Moby Dick from the POV of Moby Dick (the whale). Think of all the obnoxious nature noises you could throw in!

cohen-esque

Final Flight
If I were a skater I would literally skate to an audiobook with some background mood music. Sounds awesome.
They can reenact a an audiodrame scene on the ice— give me some good, age-appropriate 😈 programs to God Complex or Once Upon a Time in Vegas

Greta

On the Ice
They can reenact a an audiodrame scene on the ice— give me some good, age-appropriate 😈 programs to God Complex or Once Upon a Time in Vegas

Yes! I’m thinking some epic poetry or maybe a very short story read by a full cast. A chapter of the Odyssey?

Metis

Record Breaker
Yes! I’m thinking some epic poetry or maybe a very short story read by a full cast. A chapter of the Odyssey?

Ooh, that would be amazing. I’d love to see a footwork sequence for Penelope that draws on her looming.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Did the FS start an hour earlier than planned, or were the times in the Time Schedule PDF an hour out? Because I put the livestram on at 17:00 BST expecting to be just in time for Eliana, only to find that we were in the middle of the resurfacing between Groups 2 and 3!

Thank goodness you can re-wind the YouTube streams!

Eliana has a pretty dress, hope she has a good skate. :)

It is pretty, isn't it! Unfortunately, she didn't have a good skate. :cry:

That was a rough one. Next time, next time.

After being so impressed with her SP yesterday, it was heartbreaking how today went. Quite a few stumbles and 2 falls was unfortunate enough. But then she continued on for ages after the music finished (probably a direct result of the stumbles and falls putting her behind).

I do hope that we get to see her more often, because from what I saw in the SP, I do think she has potential.

Bear in mind, although Eliana is one of the older skaters in the Junior GP Series, she has only been skating for 6 years. Most of the other skaters we see representing Cyprus started skating just after the My Mall rink opened in 2010; Eliana didn't start until 2012.

So, I think she has done very well to reach the Junior GP Series so quickly. ;) :biggrin:

Today mightn't have gone the way you hoped, Eliana, but I for one and proud of what you have achieved!

:clap:

CaroLiza_fan

Metis

Record Breaker
I really like Audrey Shin. I actually like all of USA’s juniors over any of the seniors. Hope she has a strong FS.

Metis

Record Breaker
Oh, man. Goodbye Lenin is one of my all-time favourite OSTs and contains some of my favourite pieces of music. I wish they’d stuck to just Summer 78 or omitted it entirely, as the costume and Soviet modernist elements don’t quite link to the Summer 78 portion and the opening feels a bit crowded.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Nice job from Emily! One fall at the beginning, but strangely that seemed to have settled her, actually.