2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a friendly reminder:pray:

As per announcement and posts:

Please keep ALL competition chat in the Competition forums until the entire event is over. This includes scores, starting orders, elements, links to videos, etc.

After the event is over, you can discuss individual results in their respective folders

Thanks for you understanding and for supporting Golden Skate!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
We can celebrate now, yes? Way to go, Yelim! Gorgeous free skate.

YES!! she was brilliant and gorgeous, conratz on your 1st JGP medal :yahoo: hopefully more to come :hap85:

Ted was so funny, "i am not speechles cause i am talking but well, i am speechless" :laugh:

breadstal

Record Breaker
When do we get to see Yi Christy Yeung again?!?!??

Wrong thread ;)

Yelim has chance for JGPF but competition in Ostrava is pretty tough. Main competitors are Alena Kostornaia, Nana Araki and Viktoria Vasilieva (I don't know her but she's Russian so she must be good). There are also I don't think Bronze will be enough. She will need to be perfect.

leoleo

Medalist
Congratulations to Eunsoo et Yelim for winning silver & bronze at Us classic!
Their interviews: Yelim "I was in a difficult situation mentally and physically because I did not have enough time to prepare for the senior program after the third junior grand prix competition but I am glad that I have been lucky in this competition. I will work hard to prepare for the Junior Grand Prix to show a better picture in the fifth round. "
Eunsoo "I was injured before coming to the competition, so I could not practice properly, and it was hard to breathe because it was an alpine area, so I felt sorry for making mistakes, but I am happy to finish well."
You could see after Eunsoo's fs that she was struggling to breathe, i thought she'd pass out at some point.

I'm really happy to see korean girls on the podium at many competitions recently. It took quite some time after Yuna's reign, it's slow but steady.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am so happy for Eunsoo and Yelim- they are both lovely skaters and deserve recognition.

breadstal

Record Breaker
The same thing happened to Marin last year :( So proud of Eunsoo and Yelim to podium. A second Challenger medal for Eunsoo in her first senior season, it's crazy :love: And Yelim's first Challenger medal at her first senior competition :luv17: Eunsoo has to get her second GP spot now :pray:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Congrats to Yelim and Eunsoo!! You could see Eunsoo was dying in that altitude! Poor girl!
Overall the altitude seemed to be affecting everyone’s skating, I’m not surprise by all the errors.
But Yelim and Eunsoo did well enough!

I don’t really like Eunsoo’s FS but she never performed it clean, maybe if she does it will leave a better impression. But when you compare it to her SP... it just seems to be different levels.
But anyway, she’s having a good season so far!

And Yelim is working hard! I hope all this travelling won’t affect her next performance. If she skates super clean she could get a silver. I just hope the pressure doesn’t get to her like it did with Young You.

Korean ladies are doing well. I knew it would take a while for them to take off after Yuna’s retirement. But her legacy lives on.
Slowly but surely! [emoji4]

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Congrats to Yelim and Eunsoo!! You could see Eunsoo was dying in that altitude! Poor girl!
Overall the altitude seemed to be affecting everyone’s skating, I’m not surprise by all the errors.
But Yelim and Eunsoo did well enough!

I don’t really like Eunsoo’s FS but she never performed it clean, maybe if she does it will leave a better impression. But when you compare it to her SP... it just seems to be different levels.
But anyway, she’s having a good season so far!

And Yelim is working hard! I hope all this travelling won’t affect her next performance. If she skates super clean she could get a silver. I just hope the pressure doesn’t get to her like it did with Young You.

Korean ladies are doing well. I knew it would take a while for them to take off after Yuna’s retirement. But her legacy lives on.
Slowly but surely! [emoji4]

agree with everything you said! esp about Eunsoo's LP, i want to enjoy it since i love her and it actually fits her style but i dont like it at all, hopefully i will change my mind since i am a fan

on the other hand i love Yelim's programs, they both seem similar but good vehicle for her confidence and showcase her strengths which will help her make a name for herself, and about traveling, doesnt she train in US? so travel wouldnt be a problem evem though she has JGP last week, and there is a break on JGP next week so i hope she will be okay for her next assignment :agree:

both ladies did well under the circumstances and got medals!! well done! :yahoo: