Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Not sure what to feel about Jun's program. I can the SP being themed around Prince Charming. Romeo and Juliet, on the other hand, is an uninspired choice. Bring back his Planets program instead.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Not sure what to feel about Jun's program. I can the SP being themed around Prince Charming. Romeo and Juliet, on the other hand, is an uninspired choice. Bring back his Planets program instead.

FWIW, it is a Shae-Lynn program, so maybe she can do her magic with R&J.

s_parks

Record Breaker

Yeah, I expected it but was still disappointed he didn't bring back the planets. I'm hoping he'll at least keep the gorgeous costume from that program.

TGee

Record Breaker
I enjoyed video and article, it is good to know that Jason is planning to do competitive skating four more years [emoji106]
I get the sense that, other than as a trial or summer for younger skaters, TCC doesn't take on skaters who are looking for just a season or two.

They seem firmly committed to a long term approach.

It's got to be hard to be at that level and be told that it will take relearning and rebuilding from the ground up.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks @katmari for the alternate link - I could not get the Fanzone link to play. ☹️

Jason saying that he’s struggling with jumps and not focusing on this season has me a bit worried as to what we’ll see. If they’re revamping all of his jumps, will he be able to jump at all? :confused: I’m glad to hear that he had to be won over by the S&G program - I must say that my first thought was not terribly positive.

I’m excited to see everything live and to meet several of our lovely Canadian posters in person...and to see Toronto! At least, I’m hoping to see a bit of the city and not just Oakville.

Sadly I will miss the first men’s practice and probably part of the ladies SP, but I’ll do my best to post reports of what I do see. I guess with the new forum rules it will be in the competition forum, but if you can’t access it and have ??? post them here or send me a PM.

As long as it’s not about bagged milk. 😉

TGee

Record Breaker
Thanks @katmari for the alternate link - I could not get the Fanzone link to play. [emoji852]️

Jason saying that he’s struggling with jumps and not focusing on this season has me a bit worried as to what we’ll see. If they’re revamping all of his jumps, will he be able to jump at all? :confused: I’m glad to hear that he had to be won over by the S&G program - I must say that my first thought was not terribly positive.

I’m excited to see everything live and to meet several of our lovely Canadian posters in person...and to see Toronto! At least, I’m hoping to see a bit of the city and not just Oakville.

Sadly I will miss the first men’s practice and probably part of the ladies SP, but I’ll do my best to post reports of what I do see. I guess with the new forum rules it will be in the competition forum, but if you can’t access it and have ??? post them here or send me a PM.

As long as it’s not about bagged milk. [emoji6]
I expect that for all the new TTC skaters, Brian and Tracy are taking their long view.

And they seem to take rough outings at ACI in stride. I believe that I noted above that it wouldn't be ACI without Brian looking philosophical about some new thing that Yuzuru has decided to add to push his tech up.

So, I hope you'll be able to join in the light spirit that TTC seems to bring to this event.

Enjoy your adventure!

Toronto can be incredibly time consuming to get around, but the TTC public transit can get you most of where you need to go (GO trains, subway, streetcars, and buses).

Get to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) if you can. It's accessible by subway.

It's not as well known outside the province but it has amazing collections - from dinosaurs to the largest collection of Chinese art and Terra cotta warriors outside China.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I expect that for all the new TTC skaters, Brian and Tracy are taking their long view.

And they seem to take rough outings at ACI in stride. I believe that I noted above that it wouldn't be ACI without Brian looking philosophical about some new thing that Yuzuru has decided to add to push his tech up.

So, I hope you'll be able to join in the light spirit that TTC seems to bring to this event.

Enjoy your adventure!

Toronto can be incredibly time consuming to get around, but the TTC public transit can get you most of where you need to go (GO trains, subway, streetcars, and buses).

Get to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) if you can. It's accessible by subway.

It's not as well known outside the province but it has amazing collections - from dinosaurs to the largest collection of Chinese art and Terra cotta warriors outside China.

Thanks so much!

I know Brian and Tracy take the long view and I think Jason does too, so I’m not worried really - but he had a really tough season last year, so Im just hoping things go better here. There are plenty of great skaters at ACI so I’ll have lots to enjoy regardless. Thanks so much for the museum suggestion - sadly I think it will have to wait until my next trip, as I leave early Sunday - but I’ll definitely keep it in my trip planning file. Work demands ugh.

I really like the picture of Jason with Tracy and Brian.

TGee

Record Breaker
John Wilson blades has posted an interview with Gabby that focuses on her relationship with her primary coach Lee Barkell...

https://youtu.be/ygX3zgCIk5I

She says, among other things, that Lee loves hard rock 80s music like AC DC....NOT her preference.

But it was also interesting to hear that they book ice away from Cricket to train sometimes - she mentioned York University (not far) and Downsview.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks so much!

I know Brian and Tracy take the long view and I think Jason does too, so I’m not worried really - but he had a really tough season last year, so Im just hoping things go better here. There are plenty of great skaters at ACI so I’ll have lots to enjoy regardless. Thanks so much for the museum suggestion - sadly I think it will have to wait until my next trip, as I leave early Sunday - but I’ll definitely keep it in my trip planning file. Work demands ugh.

I really like the picture of Jason with Tracy and Brian.

I just came back from Toronto for TIFF and stayed near the Royal Ontario Museum near the subway stop aptly called Museum. There's also the Bata shoe museum close by which I recommend, the which currently has a exhibit from Manolo Blahnik.

I wish I could've stayed in Canada longer to attend the ACI to see all the TCC skaters.
Will go back in late October for SC to see Evgenia, Jason and others.

kkermit

On the Ice
John Wilson blades has posted an interview with Gabby that focuses on her relationship with her primary coach Lee Barkell...

https://youtu.be/ygX3zgCIk5I

She says, among other things, that Lee loves hard rock 80s music like AC DC....NOT her preference.

But it was also interesting to hear that they book ice away from Cricket to train sometimes - she mentioned York University (not far) and Downsview.

I swear this was interview was first posted to youtube a few months ago.

TGee

Record Breaker
I swear this was interview was first posted to youtube a few months ago.
I thought the same at first.

However, I think that it may be another section of a longer interview session that they are working from. They may be posting and tweeting different segments, with a little overlap such that each can stand on its own.

In the other one we heard her talk about sneaking her music on, but I don't recall the bit about training at York U and other location.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did anyone get Jason's and Jun's practice video'd? I fell asleep on the couch an hour before it all started and while there are already a billion Yuzu cuts available....