Shoutout to Ted Barton for the ISU Junior YT channel | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Shoutout to Ted Barton for the ISU Junior YT channel

phoinos

Rinkside
His (and Debbi Wilkes') commentary for ACI 2018 has been awesome. I wish he could do all figure skating events. He knows when to talk and when to watch, his comments are constructive and positive even for a bad skate, and his anecdotes are funny and interesting. I never do this, but for the first time I sent an email to a commentator, all because I wanted to thank him!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Happy that we got to personally thank him after the competition at ACI for his years of outstanding work on developing and expanding online access to the JGP. If you do end up attending the same competition as Ted, definitely take the time and introduce yourself to him. He is a very approachable and pleasant man :)

PinkElephants

Rinkside
I was wondering who it was that was doing the commentary :) VERY enjoyable, much much better than most commentaries for big competitions that I've heard!

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
His (and Debbi Wilkes') commentary for ACI 2018 has been awesome. I wish he could do all figure skating events. He knows when to talk and when to watch, his comments are constructive and positive even for a bad skate, and his anecdotes are funny and interesting. I never do this, but for the first time I sent an email to a commentator, all because I wanted to thank him!

I can't agree more. He is like BESP commentator from the other side of the pond. And I really appreciate that he maintains a total silence while the skaters are skating. He really should be the prime example for all the commentators out there.
Also I didn't know anything about all the work he has done behind the scenes to bring JGP coverage to us, now I appreciate him even more!

Nika09

On the Ice
Apparently, given the high demand, Mr.Barton start to use his Twitter account!! And he gained about 1.5K followers in less than 12 hours :)
So glad to see everyone seems appreciated this amazing work he"s doing.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Apparently, given the high demand, Mr.Barton start to use his Twitter account!! And he gained about 1.5K followers in less than 12 hours :)

https://twitter.com/TedBarton7 is his account.
Started in Mar 2018, as alluded to by Nika -- and I am glad that Ted decided to begin actively using it. :bow: :ghug: :yay:
Up until now, I think that at certain times (related to JGPs), Ted was the human (or at least one of the humans) behind the ISU twitter account -- example below. [And perhaps he occasionally will continue to be to some extent (in addition to using his own account), I would guess??]

@ISU_Figure
@TedBarton7 hello everyone. Made it onto Twitter. Was always on just didn’t use it. Don’t miss JGP day 3 here in Kaunas. Cheers!!
10:58 PM - 7 Sep 2018
https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/1038305565238165504

@TedBarton7
Hello everyone. Practice day tomorrow here in Ostrava. Thought I would begin to use my twitter account. Thank you to everyone for such nice comments about our coverage. We will always try to get better.
12:50 PM - 25 Sep 2018
https://twitter.com/TedBarton7/status/1044675485488357376

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Yes, and he recently got instagram too! I really like seeing all the snippets of the work that goes into planning and preparing for each JGP, and of course, all the amazing cities.