What piece of music do you want to see use... | Page 5 | Golden Skate

What piece of music do you want to see use...

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've advocated for Jason Brown to skate to California Dreaming by the Mamas and the Papas.

I don't know why he didn't listen to me, ha.

Of course, now he's doing a retro program, so it might be repetitive.

But that music could have parts that lend itself to a Kevin Reynolds type of vibe, and the flute solo was made for a step sequence.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Andrei's theme , or the Waltz (or both edited together, for a change of pace) from War & Peace - Especially for Dima Aliev

I am glad someone else likes this soundtrack, I am in love with the film itself and watched it about 100 times!
I simply can't understand why any of Russian ladies didn't take a chance to play Natasha Rostova (much more suited to their age than Anna Karenina), I particularly love Natasha - Anatol theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXwwBCFUsy0

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
The Sucker Punch soundtrack. Innovative, new, not the typical princessy program. Yeah yeah, I know the movie sucks.

beachmouse

On the Ice
"Carry On' by fun. Not only do the lyrics tell a good emotional story in English, it also just sees to have the right structure- I can listen to and and it's like 'jump goes here, this instrumental is just crying out for a footwork sequence, spin goes here', and if you trim off the last unnecessary 30 seconds, it's a good length for a long program.

Sappy love songs I actually like and I think could work well on the ice- 'In Your Eyes' by Peter Gabriel; 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls

Never going to happen for a short, but I would love the heck our of a quick and energetic skater who could pull it off- "Ca Plane Pour Moi" by Plastic Bertrand

moriel

Record Breaker
I am glad someone else likes this soundtrack, I am in love with the film itself and watched it about 100 times!
I simply can't understand why any of Russian ladies didn't take a chance to play Natasha Rostova (much more suited to their age than Anna Karenina), I particularly love Natasha - Anatol theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXwwBCFUsy0

Actually, the BBC War and Peace is not that popular in Russia, so maybe that explains it.

- - - Updated - - -

As for me, I want someone to skate to Leningrad.
Uncensored versions are fine since international audiences don't speak russian anyways.