2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Stepanova/Bukin just won gold at GP, baby. That's kinda of bad but can't wait to see crying because of this :biggrin:

They were fierce in the free dance - interpreted the music well! Lots of fun to see live! new fan here.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Facts are the facts and no one can dispute them at all in any way whatsoever!! Russian teams have won two free dances in gp events. Facts end of story!!!!

KKonas

Medalist
I tend to agree that Russian ice dancing is on the upswing this quad with three strong senior teams. Style is different with each, which makes competition interesting, New ice dance rules seem to help them overall.

Mattieu

Medalist
Facts are the facts and no one can dispute them at all in any way whatsoever!! Russian teams have won two free dances in gp events. Facts end of story!!!!

You are something else, boring us all to death with how Russian ID is dead and will not go anywhere unless they all move to Montreal.
Now you are declaring the exact opposite.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I'll say! As much as certain folks like to think the sky is falling when it comes to Russian ice dance, Russia's medalled on every GP so far, including a GP win. S/B and S/K have 2 of the top 4 total scores (S/B are almost leading), and S/K beat H/D (the team with currently the leading total score) in the FD at Skate Canada. Given how Rostelecom has scored their home skaters in the past, S/B stand to surpass H/D.

Glad to see a resurgence in Russia, fueled by technically strong teams - and all of the top ones are interesting in their own way, not just cookie cutter. They will very likely be back on the podium at Worlds this year. :)

I expected that to be fair, knowing that V/M, C/L and B/S finished their competitive careers and S/S and W/P are off the GP season. S/B, S/K (and also G/F) are just next in line :biggrin:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I expected that to be fair, knowing that V/M, C/L and B/S finished their competitive careers and S/S and W/P are off the GP season. S/B, S/K (and also G/F) are just next in line :biggrin:

Well, if W/P head to Worlds (and they should - their programs are strong and so are their scores), and with H/D and P/C, it's not a sure shot that the Russians will be on the podium this year. S/K and S/B have worked hard to get competitive with the top teams, and they should be lauded for that. Especially S/K who got TONS of flak from certain folks who said they would never amount to anything after the partner swap.

I know you weren't trivializing them or anything, but let's give credit to ice dancers/skaters who still do well, and not just because their predecessors/superiors ended up retiring at the time. Otherwise we'd be trivializing the achievements of the vast majority of ice dance medalists who waited their turn for folks to retire and then bumped up in placements! :laugh:

gmyers

Record Breaker
You are something else, boring us all to death with how Russian ID is dead and will not go anywhere unless they all move to Montreal.
Now you are declaring the exact opposite.

Facts and truth has intervened!!!!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Yes indeed, the facts have proved that you were talking a load rubbish as always.

Only Russians didn’t move to Montreal! Everyone else in the world was moving to Montreal. Too many moved to Montreal and now Russia has benefited

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Stepanova/Bukin just won gold at GP, baby. That's kinda of bad but can't wait to see crying because of this :biggrin:

Happy for S/B BUT the scores suggest that the Italians are ahead of them which isn't so good. if they medal wonderful but because there are so many teams so close you could be silver (sorry Hubbell and Donahaoe or think about it as low as the bottom of the top ten. Ie assume PC wins gold then you have in no particular order fighting it out for silver and bronze Hubbell/Donahoe, S/K; S/B; Chock and Bates, Gilles and Porier, the Italians, Weapo.

starla16

Medalist
Yes indeed, the facts have proved that you were talking a load rubbish as always.

simple, he has a love/hate relationship with russian id.
S/B I agree have benefited in this cop, their levels are still not that good, level2s but are getting cushion on the new +5 GOEs

Sinitsina/Katsalapov are superior technically, their programs are good and well connected with each other.
Stepanova has improved but given her height, she will always skate hunch so she can gain speed, its all about her basics and shes too tall to correct it.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Dmitri and Elena wouldn't be a bad team, especially if you consider how easy their lifts look. But then, Dmitri is a strong partner, and Elena could still shine with him. It would be interesting to see that, but I'm not sure they'd compete together.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
simple, he has a love/hate relationship with russian id.
S/B I agree have benefited in this cop, their levels are still not that good, level2s but are getting cushion on the new +5 GOEs

Sinitsina/Katsalapov are superior technically, their programs are good and well connected with each other.
Stepanova has improved but given her height, she will always skate hunch so she can gain speed, its all about her basics and shes too tall to correct it.

The fact is BOTH teams are benefiting from the changes in the scoring. Levels? What levels? GOE now rules the roost.