2018 NHK Trophy: GP Predictions Game Round 4 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 NHK Trophy: GP Predictions Game Round 4

Weathergal

Medalist
Warning: I’m scoring Men’s this week, but I still haven’t had time to acquaint myself with the new spreadsheet. At this point, I’d be quicker doing it the old way, but I know that’s no longer allowed (sadly). So please bear with me, I’ll give it my best shot. Thank you!

LadyB, scoring the old way is still allowed! You can score whatever way you want. SamKrut just offered his spreadsheet formula as a faster way of doing things for those who wish to use it.

I scored Men's for Skate Canada and GP Helsinki and did it the "old-fashioned way" both times. It is honestly up to you.

ssffww

On the Ice
I scored ladies this week. With 171 participants I finally managed to get the job done in less than an hour.

Ladies' results

Gold with 75 points:

ssffww

Silver with 70 points:

GINO
bakedpotato
Fluture
Kittosuni
glorybox6
amarjargal
okokok1777
itofan

Bronze with 65 points:

FS101
MaiKatze
SnowWhite
readernick
noraaa
IceCrystalChris
Poice
Klarnet
alinaharry
Amelia

:dance3: :points::rock:
Congrats to all the winners.

As usual, if you have questions, please, pm me - don't post them here. Once the thread is not attached to the top I might not read it.

My first gold and it’s in ladies! :hap93:

rinkside_user

On the Ice
Wow, I got a gold medal? And in pairs of all disciplines? Wow indeed. And now I have medals of every color now. :hap93: :party2: :hap85: Probably enough for qualifying for the predictions game GPF? Pretty please? :pray:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
ICE DANCE RESULTS

After the FD the vast majority of yesterday's winners of RD have not maintained their positions and only dodbirdo, Marin and Ziotic were able to defend their bronze medals.

We have 5 gold medalists with 75 points, 8 silver medalists with 70 points and 28 bronze medalists with 65 points:

Gold: corynna, FS101, readernick, snowflake and zebobes

Silver: apgold, Crossover, Fancyskates, Marius, Nathan13, Sam-Skwantch, SashaJuliaSpins and Skater Boy

Bronze: andromache, Azcha, cake, cer, charmblade, Chris Cooper, danse, dodobirdo, Dreamer57, IceBallerina, katymay, Klarnet, ladykk, lichi, lost3iron, lutz, Lyssa, Marin, marulia, NoNameFace, NYscorp6, randomfan, Seren, sisy, sunnystars, sweetice, TheBallerina and Ziotic

Congratulations to the winning skaters and prediction game ice dance podium!!!!

:hap10::hap93::cheer::clap:

All the results are already introduced in the Google spreadsheet so everyone curious can consult them there.

LadyB

Record Breaker
LadyB, scoring the old way is still allowed! You can score whatever way you want. SamKrut just offered his spreadsheet formula as a faster way of doing things for those who wish to use it.

I scored Men's for Skate Canada and GP Helsinki and did it the "old-fashioned way" both times. It is honestly up to you.
Thank you so much!!!! You just made my day and me very, very happy!!! :thank:

zebobes

Final Flight
Woohoo! Two Golds, in Pairs and Ice Dance!

Unfortunately, I did terribly in both the Ladies and the Men. Too much wishful thinking on my part, and too much unpredictability... I think with Pairs and Ice Dance, since I don't have as much sentimental attachment, I can be more logical, but I often tend to go with what I wish rather than figure out what will probably happen...

LaArdilla

Medalist
Happy about my bronze in Pairs, but I'm so angry at myself when it comes to Ladies! I had 1-4 correct and got 60 points in total, so just 5 left for bronze. Why, why did I put Sotskova in 5th?! :D

LadyB

Record Breaker
Men’s results!

Gold with 60 points: Skatie!!! :points:

Silver with 55 points: IceBallerina, sunnystars, jenaj, StitchMonkey, [email protected], thexfireball, MrECartman, ssffww, IceCrystalChris, Yuzuruu, Seren, Chris Cooper, Seven Sisters, Danny T, MalAssada, desertskates, Antyv, okokok1777, AshWagsFan, Pocaguri.

Bronze with 50 points: Mrs P, skatemd1, concorde, Sherlock Marple, CaroLiza_fan, Poice, el Henry, arewhyaen, Sam-Skwantch, gizmo, apgold, betaincanada, ragdoll, Weathergal, rosacotton, SnowWhite, StepSequence4, moonstruck.

Congrats to all the medalists! :clapper::dance3::cheer:
Special shoutout to Seven Sisters, who got the podium right :agree:

I only got a bronze in pairs this time...
I’ll fill in the spreadsheet asap, I sometimes struggle with access, but I hope it goes swimmingly.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
ICE DANCE RESULTS

After the FD the vast majority of yesterday's winners of RD have not maintained their positions and only dodbirdo, Marin and Ziotic were able to defend their bronze medals.

We have 5 gold medalists with 75 points, 8 silver medalists with 70 points and 28 bronze medalists with 65 points:

Gold: corynna, FS101, readernick, snowflake and zebobes

Silver: apgold, Crossover, Fancyskates, Marius, Nathan13, Sam-Skwantch, SashaJuliaSpins and Skater Boy

Bronze: andromache, Azcha, cake, cer, charmblade, Chris Cooper, danse, dodobirdo, Dreamer57, IceBallerina, katymay, Klarnet, ladykk, lichi, lost3iron, lutz, Lyssa, Marin, marulia, NoNameFace, NYscorp6, randomfan, Seren, sisy, sunnystars, sweetice, TheBallerina and Ziotic

Congratulations to the winning skaters and prediction game ice dance podium!!!!

:hap10::hap93::cheer::clap:

All the results are already introduced in the Google spreadsheet so everyone curious can consult them there.

Thanks a lot, to you and to all the scorers for your hard-work :biggrin:

Until now I have 2 medals gained at the discipline I know the least about..Ice Dance..interesting :biggrin:

andromache

Record Breaker
My first medals of the season! It has been a very bad season for me lol. A bronze in pairs and a bronze in dance!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A medal in every color but was not able to replicate my gold last week or any medal in ladies.

Very happy that my belief in H/B topping the ice dance field after the French withdrew was rewarded with a silver medal for me.

Weathergal

Medalist
Men’s results!

Gold with 60 points: Skatie!!! :points:

Silver with 55 points: IceBallerina, sunnystars, jenaj, StitchMonkey, [email protected], thexfireball, MrECartman, ssffww, IceCrystalChris, Yuzuruu, Seren, Chris Cooper, Seven Sisters, Danny T, MalAssada, desertskates, Antyv, okokok1777, AshWagsFan, Pocaguri.

Bronze with 50 points: Mrs P, skatemd1, concorde, Sherlock Marple, CaroLiza_fan, Poice, el Henry, arewhyaen, Sam-Skwantch, gizmo, apgold, betaincanada, ragdoll, Weathergal, rosacotton, SnowWhite, StepSequence4, moonstruck.

Congrats to all the medalists! :clapper::dance3::cheer:
Special shoutout to Seven Sisters, who got the podium right :agree:

I only got a bronze in pairs this time...
I’ll fill in the spreadsheet asap, I sometimes struggle with access, but I hope it goes swimmingly.

Hi LadyB, you listed me with a bronze medal at 50 points for Men's, but in the spreadsheet you entered 45 points.

I checked, and I should have 50 (unless I'm miscalculating somewhere).

My Men's predictions:
1 Shoma UNO - 15
2 Deniss VASILJEVS - 0
3 Sergei VORONOV - 10
4 Mateo RIZZO - 10
5 Dmitri ALIEV - 15
--
6 Vincent ZHOU

Could you please update the spreadsheet? Thanks! :)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am scoring Ice Dance this week and until tomorrow we won't know the names of the winners. So while waiting for the final results, below please find the situation after the SP:

160 competitors participated in Ice Dance preditions.

SP Gold with 75 points: 1 person (Sabine)
SP Silver with 70 points: 1 person (Sherlock Marple)
SP Bronze with 65 points: 18 people (BluishHush, Danny T, dodobirdo, elektra blue, glorybox6, Hyena, itofan, Kittosuni, Lemonade, Marin, Mohacz, silver.blades, Skatie, Step Sequence4, surimi, Ulrica, Weathergal and Ziotic)

With Gabriella and Guillaume's withdrawal some participants changed their predictions and eliminated them from the lists, but there are 25 who did not do that.

One remark regarding spelling. The names of Tiffani Zagorski and Carolane Soucisse suffered from quite numerous spelling variations. The same, although to much less extent, with Jonathan Guerreiro and even Gabriella Papadakis. The task of clearing the data and giving them the correct format is quite laborious without correcting the spelling mistakes, so in the future if you are not sure about how to spell someone's name, just copy it from respective Prediction Game's original post. Caro_Liza fan always puts a complete list there.

And one more suggestion that may make the life of the scorer a bit easier: put the names in the form of a list (one name below the other one) and not all the names in one line (it requires more manual work for us).

I think for Tiffani it's understandable, since her name has been spelled both Tiffani Zagorski and Tiffany Zahorski. Her ISU bio currently uses the first one, but she spells her first name with a 'y' on her Instagram, for example, and her Wikipedia page uses the 2nd spelling. But Carolane only has one correct spelling for her name, and I think the same is true for the others, so those as just misspellings.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Happy about my bronze in Pairs, but I'm so angry at myself when it comes to Ladies! I had 1-4 correct and got 60 points in total, so just 5 left for bronze. Why, why did I put Sotskova in 5th?! :D

same here :laugh:and i put mariah bell in 6th

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
One remark regarding spelling. The names of Tiffani Zagorski and Carolane Soucisse suffered from quite numerous spelling variations. The same, although to much less extent, with Jonathan Guerreiro and even Gabriella Papadakis. The task of clearing the data and giving them the correct format is quite laborious without correcting the spelling mistakes, so in the future if you are not sure about how to spell someone's name, just copy it from respective Prediction Game's original post. Caro_Liza fan always puts a complete list there.

And one more suggestion that may make the life of the scorer a bit easier: put the names in the form of a list (one name below the other one) and not all the names in one line (it requires more manual work for us).

I think for Tiffani it's understandable, since her name has been spelled both Tiffani Zagorski and Tiffany Zahorski. Her ISU bio currently uses the first one, but she spells her first name with a 'y' on her Instagram, for example, and her Wikipedia page uses the 2nd spelling. But Carolane only has one correct spelling for her name, and I think the same is true for the others, so those as just misspellings.

The way that the ISU has been using the double transliteration spelling of Tiffany's name the past couple of years rather than the proper spelling really does my head in. Especially when they used to use the proper spelling before she started representing Russia (e.g. her ISU Bio with Alexis MIART).

Whatever happened to continuity?! It's not as if she has got married and is using her husband's surname now (à la Maylin Hausch, for example). It's only different because somebody in the Russian Fed's office was filling out the forms and couldn't be bothered finding the proper Latin spelling of her name, so instead just transliterated the Cyrillic version back into Latin characters.

Because of this, I have been going out of my way to use the proper spelling every time I mention her. But, for the predictions game OP's, I just copy the tables over from the ISU website to avoid arguments arising.

Due to the confusion over the spelling of Tiffany's name, and because Jonathan's surname is a name that can be easily mis-spelt because of all the vowels in a row, I tended to use "TIF" for the coding whenever I was scoring a competition they were in.

As for Carolane and Gabriella (who didn't matter in the end because she and Guillaume withdrew), I would have thought their surnames would be easy enough to get the first 3 letters right for...

CaroLiza_fan