2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

gizmo

On the Ice
I'm here for the Yi Christy Leung cheer squad. She has really been standing out to me on the Junior circuit, I'd be very happy to see her skate with a big federation behind her and willing to push for her, assuming of course that it's a situation that works for her and she's happy with.

I don’t think Hong Kong can be called a big federation....

Eclair

Medalist
I do not understand the score for yu/Zhang. It was so low. Their program is so Aljona-like. Aljona was in Beijing in November and she helped them. You can clearly see it at the entry of the twist. This is a massot move.

Sui/Han will be at worlds and we will have a competitons on or hands with J/C and T/M. This will be something! At the end it all depends on Sui's SBS.

while I think it's possible Aljona gave them tipps on some transitions etc. I believe the main choreography and learning/ expressing movements was done by Benoit Richaud. Especially since Xiaoyu's style is very different from Alyona's. I always thought that Alyona and Sui have a similiar style - not very balletic, but very musical and expressive. While Xiaoyu is very very balletic, but not very expressive. She certainly worked on that though.

I prefer Sui/Han FS to their SP this season. I think the FS really has potential. I don't like S/H skating to operatic voices.. It makes them less up-to date, original and fresh IMO.

Here is a link to their FS practce (they won't compete their FS at nationals): https://m.weibo.cn/status/4322857787990936?

Nika09

On the Ice
I like S/H SP more than Y/Z. I expect from Benoit much more than that tbh.
Music for Sui and Han not bothering me at all. And program itself is unique and dynamic, not that their pretty disappointing programs from last season. And FP seems going to be something else, waiting for it!!

In whole, among Chinese Pairs I like P/J lovely SP the most, for now...

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Recap on the Free Programs of Chinese Nationals.

Ice Dance FD:
Wang/Liu 1st, Chen/Sun 2nd, Ning/Wang 3rd. All three of these teams will be attending Mentor Torun Cup in Poland next month. Wang/Liu's program changed a lot in the second half and there's some new lifts.

Ladies LP:
Yi Christy Leung 1st. A lot of <, but the tech panel went easy on her.
Xiangyi An 2nd. She did only 3S 3T 2A and doubles but the programs are a whole package. She will keep these two programs for her JGP debut two years later and have two novice programs for international competition next season.
Hongyi Chen 3rd. Some falls but she will be girl at 4CC, JWC and WC this season.
Beverly Yi Zhu 4th. Some popped jumps and no jump combinations. She need to get surgery done first. She cut her right foot in Sep and some fabric were left in her foot even after the first surgery. Get healthy soon.
More girls are trying to do 3Lz 3F 3Lo jumps now which is a good thing. You guys need to know last season the ladies' field in China was so miserable.

Pairs LP:
Yu/Zhang & Sui/Han both withdraw.
Sui/Han did their LP practice this morning and the video link is right above. They did the spread eagle-change foot-3T in practice in one of the news reports. The jumps are crazy!!!! They also changed their pair spin.
Yu/Zhang are not ready this season. I think they will return next season.

Wang/Wang 2nd. Did sbs 2T2T and 2Lo. they might go to 4CC
Peng/Jin 1st. Peng fell on her head this morning and were sent to hospital. No serious damage, which is lucky. She popped her 3T2T to 2T2T and cried for that in K&C. Other parts (including sbs2S) were perfect.

Men LP:
Boyang jin: 4Lz 4T2T 3A1Eu3S // 4T 3A 3Lz2T 3F. Should be palned 3Lz3T. tes110.22+pcs94.36=204.58. The PCS is higher because this is a national event but overall a well done program. He's getting himself together now.
He Zhang: poped his 3Lz but manage to keep both 3A done.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Also some little fun moments:

Fans bought garlands for medalists. All the ladies and ice dance ladies wore the garlands and look lovely. The men medalists wore the garlands too. And the pair guys were wearing garlands whine the girls were not.

Xiangyi An was a little dizzy and was trying to climb the champion podium. She realized and climbed to the sliver medalist podium. She is only as high as Leung ans Chen's shoulder.

Xingyu Liu is so tall. When Xue Shen tried to present the medal, he need to squat.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
I don’t think Hong Kong can be called a big federation....

The president of HK Skating fed was at nationals presenting medals for the ladies. So the feds are going well with each other.
Leung should be able to get the host pick of COC next season as well as Chen and Zhu. They will be China's 3 host picks.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Recap on the Free Programs of Chinese Nationals.

Pairs LP:
Yu/Zhang & Sui/Han both withdraw.
Sui/Han did their LP practice this morning and the video link is right above. They did the spread eagle-change foot-3T in practice in one of the news reports. The jumps are crazy!!!! They also changed their pair spin.
Yu/Zhang are not ready this season. I think they will return next season.

Peng/Jin 1st. Peng fell on her head this morning and were sent to hospital. No serious damage, which is lucky. She popped her 3T2T to 2T2T and cried for that in K&C. Other parts (including sbs2S) were perfect.

What dies it mean Yu/Zhang are not ready? What did I miss? Habe there been any serious injury?

Hao Zhang will be 38 in Beijing 2022 (maybe 40 if you believe in the stuff on wikipedia). He is the oldes skater out here. Skipping worlds seems crazy.

lzxnl

Final Flight
What dies it mean Yu/Zhang are not ready? What did I miss? Habe there been any serious injury?

Hao Zhang will be 38 in Beijing 2022 (maybe 40 if you believe in the stuff on wikipedia). He is the oldes skater out here. Skipping worlds seems crazy.

I can't help but notice the age gap between Zhang Hao and Yu Xiaoyu. 12 years apart; she could have grown up watching him skate at the Olympics.

Andrea82

Medalist

They don't have the minimum TES for 4 Continents because they have not competed internationally last season or this one. There aren't Pairs competitions left to achieve it in time.

Ice Dance FD:
Wang/Liu 1st, Chen/Sun 2nd, Ning/Wang 3rd. All three of these teams will be attending Mentor Torun Cup in Poland next month. Wang/Liu's program changed a lot in the second half and there's some new lifts.
e.

Ning/Wang need minimum TES for 4CCs. Mentor is last occasion for them to get it.

GarthAqua

On the Ice

Yu had injuries earlier but I think she recovers now. They seems to be a little unfamiliar with their SP. They had their choreograph very late this season so maybe they need more time. But nothing is settled yet before the fed announce the 4CC entry list.

girl in red

Rinkside
S/H’s new LP OP is here.
crazy predictly spread eagle-change foot-3T-2T-2LO(I guess they will not use so difficult steps in the competition.)
crazy new perfect Cosp with more ice dance elements.
crazy new 5ALi.
crazy predictly 2-nd half 3S-SBS.
crazy difficult Chsq with crazy music.
crazy DS's entry which is just after the 3sth and SUI does not change her foot
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av39377035?from=search&seid=9754193468650173955

What's more, they have done several 3T with spread eagle-change foot in practice and several perfect 3S with very relaxed out.

All this craziness gets me excited:hap57:....but scared at the same time!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I am so glad to see both Yu & Zhang and Sui & Han on the mend and the road back to competition. Have greatly missed S&H and also missed Y&Z amid the pairs field this season. Have greatly enjoyed Peng & Jin but have really been missing the added depth, excitement, and diversity that the Chinese pairs as a whole bring to the event. Hope to see the top three live at 4CCs!

HoneyBear

On the Ice
They don't have the minimum TES for 4 Continents because they have not competed internationally last season or this one. There aren't Pairs competitions left to achieve it in time.

Now that is just sad. I hope there was a legit reason as to why they didn't go to any international competitions this season other than possibly being on bad terms with the national team.

champs

Final Flight
Xiangyi An 2nd. She did only 3S 3T 2A and doubles but the programs are a whole package. She will keep these two programs for her JGP debut two years later and have two novice programs for international competition next season.

Do you also happen to know why she (or the Chinese Fed?) has already decided to keep her current programs for her JGP debut two seasons later?

Boyang jin: 4Lz 4T2T 3A1Eu3S // 4T 3A 3Lz2T 3F. Should be palned 3Lz3T. tes110.22+pcs94.36=204.58. The PCS is higher because this is a national event but overall a well done program. He's getting himself together now.
Great TES, Haven't watched it yet, but I hope this is the beginning of his regained consistency streak.

HoneyBear

On the Ice

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Do you also happen to know why she (or the Chinese Fed?) has already decided to keep her current programs for her JGP debut two seasons later?

Xiangyi An is competing in senior ranks in China this year. So Benoît Richaud gave her two senior programs. they only need to cut the ChSq out to make it a junior LP but novice programs are much shorter. So Benoît Richaud also gave her two novice programs for her international competition next season. The two senior programs are a little bit out of her range now because of the difficult steps so her team decide that she need more time to grow and adjust.

She used to do choreograph by herself so this is the first time she works with a international level choreographer. Her skating skills needs to mature. She is also practicing 3Lz3T but she really need to be careful with all the injuries.

Anyway, plan changes. Her fanpage told us she was planning to keep the spring breeze SP for 2020 season but she changed that to a tango SP later. So she has one more year to decide which is the best programs for her JGP debut.