You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 20 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you describe your morning encounter with a sidewalk ice patch as a one foot axel, fulling rotated with excellent height and a slightly two footed landing.

Such a jumping bean you are! I prefer spirals and fancy moonwalk step sequences when I encounter sidewalk ice ;)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...Nationals is over and some of your favorite skaters didn't qualify for their respective ISU championships and are unlikely to have any additional competitions for the remainder of the season but you're already looking ahead to seeing their new programs and how they will come back stronger next season.

DenissVFan

Medalist
When you're listening to a playlist Spotify made for you on the basis on what you'd listened to in 2018 and many of the songs were skaters' programmes :p

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you go to Walmart to buy your beans and rice and see GIANT Valentines Day plushies and wonder: 1. How much would those cost on Feb 15 2. Would Alexa and Gracie even like those and 3. How does one get them into the arena?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
When you might lose your part-time job and think "I can watch 4CC and stay up the night without worrying about work then."

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you call and reschedule your doctor's appointment because you made it during 4cc's. (yes, I just did this).

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
When you ask your friend to change the date of her hen night because it's planned on the weekend of worlds.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
When your boyfriend comes back into the house from feeding the cats in the morning and complains that the meadow has turned into a frozen patch of deathly slipperiness and you ponder the possibilities of practising some moves there.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
When you have a school trip exactly when the ladies SP at 4CC is (it’s 9:30am-12:40pm for me, and my trip is 8:45-12:30 ugh) and since I can’t watch the live stream I am committed to using up all my data to have the live results open [emoji23]
I mean I’d rather ditch the trip but I can’t do that

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
When your sister-in-law calls to chat and asks if she's interrupting any figure skating, and your response is, "What? There's figure skating on?"
(Even though you know there isn't, because you've got all the schedules dialed into your time zone.)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you go to Walmart to buy your beans and rice and see GIANT Valentines Day plushies and wonder: 1. How much would those cost on Feb 15 2. Would Alexa and Gracie even like those and 3. How does one get them into the arena?

This is exactly what I did last year to buy stuffed animals for Worlds -- all 50% off at Wal Mart. Carried them with me to Italy. Took them into the arena in one of those giant blue Zip Loc bags.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you turn your life upside down to go to 6 different competitions in 13 months. :drama:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you're obsessing over what time Walmart puts the Valentine's Day stuff on clearance (is it 12:01 am 2/15, or later in the morning?) so you can go buy GIANT plushies for Alexa and Gracie.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you're obsessing over what time Walmart puts the Valentine's Day stuff on clearance (is it 12:01 am 2/15, or later in the morning?) so you can go buy GIANT plushies for Alexa and Gracie.

I'll be there! Last year I went to 3 Wal Marts.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll be there! Last year I went to 3 Wal Marts.

Do you know what time they go on sale? Midnight or later in the morning?

Arriba627 I just found out for us, at least for the Walmarts in my area. The items go on sale at 12:01 am February 15. So that's when I'll be there. Plushies for Gracie and Alexa!!!! And some other people!!!:love: I just hope you aren't in my area. I'm pretty sure you aren't since I live in an unincorporated area of a rural county in Missouri. But if you are it may come to blows!

Yes, I know Gracie may never compete again. If she doesn't, I'll give her one for teaching me the snowplow stop. :laugh2::laugh2:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I guess I'm not nearly as devoted a fan as you guys.

I bought some of my plushies for next year's Skate Canada BEFORE Christmas, and the rest half-price on Dec 27. But on Dec 27 I did snap up all of the not-too-christmasy ones in the store.

I'm going for quantity rather than size; my daughter was quite concerned that some of the Junior skaters at the GPF didn't have any gifts. She aims to remedy that for the lesser-known skaters at Skate Canada.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You know you're a skating fan when your figure skates sit next to your bedside at night

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you turn your tv to the station that you know will show figure skating and leave your whole entertainment center on even though you won’t be home just to try and help boost the ratings :laugh:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You know you're a skating fan when most of your facebook posts are devoted to figure skating
You know you're a skating fan when your workmates know the perfect retirement gift is a ticketmaster gift card for Stars on Ice

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess I'm not nearly as devoted a fan as you guys.

I bought some of my plushies for next year's Skate Canada BEFORE Christmas, and the rest half-price on Dec 27. But on Dec 27 I did snap up all of the not-too-christmasy ones in the store.

I'm going for quantity rather than size; my daughter was quite concerned that some of the Junior skaters at the GPF didn't have any gifts. She aims to remedy that for the lesser-known skaters at Skate Canada.

I have returned from Walmart and my plushie game is strong. These guys almost take up their own seat in the car. For quantity I go for Beanie Babies from the thrift store for $1. What I have found with US Senior Nationals is that almost everyone, if not everyone, brings along their own cheering section who throws them things. For instance Andrew Austin, who placed last at US Nationals, got tons of stuff (including my last plushie! I love him!). The juniors sometimes don't get as much but again their families are usually there. I am glad your daughter is so compassionate:) I'm sure she will find someone to throw her stuff to (especially juniors).