2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 Worlds: Ladies' Pregame Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Judges assignment here: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/rules/fsk-communications/18289-isu-communication-2204/file
No RUS judges in Gentlemen and Ladies single at both jnr and snr Worlds.
No JPN either.
Randomly drawn.

Good or bad?

It's neither good nor bad. It's funny when the only 2 podium relevant nations (well, major meltdowns aside) don't have their judges. Although, it would be worse if only one nation had. It is also good that there is no Australia in ladies.

sissyfritz

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
Looks like Aurora Cotop just (by .13) achieved her TES requirements for the season at this weekend’s Bavarian Open.

So she’s now eligible to represent Canada if they should so choose. [emoji6]

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Why is it good there is no Australia in Ladies?

Goodness only knows, since our judges mostly have a reputation for being sticklers or contrarians.

Speaking of Australia, as it's highly unlikely that Brooklee's Achilles tendon will be healed and ready to skate on in a month's time, we can assume that Kailani will be Australia's representative at Worlds.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Goodness only knows, since our judges mostly have a reputation for being sticklers or contrarians.

Speaking of Australia, as it's highly unlikely that Brooklee's Achilles tendon will be healed and ready to skate on in a month's time, we can assume that Kailani will be Australia's representative at Worlds.

There is an Australian judge who used to be very strict with Russian skaters - I don't remember the name.

Ah okay thanks guys.

readernick

Medalist
After 4CC, I am even more convinced than I was before that the fight for the gold medal is really just a competition between Rika’s athletic ability and her competition nerves. If Rika skates to her potential ( without injury), no one can beat her. But, she can defeat herself.

The rest of the medals are really up for grabs. So, it will be an interesting event. When will we know who Russia is assigning to worlds? I am a huge Elizaveta fan. To me, she is the Russian lady most likely to get a medal here. The federation would be daft not to send her if she is healthy.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
After 4CC, I am even more convinced than I was before that the fight for the gold medal is really just a competition between Rika’s athletic ability and her competition nerves. If Rika skates to her potential ( without injury), no one can beat her. But, she can defeat herself.

The rest of the medals are really up for grabs. So, it will be an interesting event. When will we know who Russia is assigning to worlds? I am a huge Elizaveta fan. To me, she is the Russian lady most likely to get a medal here. The federation would be daft not to send her if she is healthy.

Of course, if Rika lands all triple axels she is untouchable. However, was she ever able to do that? With 4CC performance she would lose to clean Alina. Well, Alina has not been able yet to skate clean 2 programs this season. May be at the worlds?

Russian Cup will decide. Liza was in terrific shape earlier this season. But she was not convincing last weekend scoring only 188. Hence, Zhenya may be back in the picture...or even Stasya.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I think it is pointless to talk about clean RikaK or clean Alina this season.

Rika with beating Alina with mistakes is more realistic scenario.

readernick

Medalist
Of course, if Rika lands all triple axels she is untouchable. However, was she ever able to do that? With 4CC performance she would lose to clean Alina. Well, Alina has not been able yet to skate clean 2 programs this season. May be at the worlds?

Russian Cup will decide. Liza was in terrific shape earlier this season. But she was not convincing last weekend scoring only 188. Hence, Zhenya may be back in the picture...or even Stasya.

I don't think Rika actually needs to land all of her triple axels to beat Alina or anyone else. Two is enough to win because all of her other elements are so good. I did not know that Liza competed last weekend. Where did she compete? Did she try her 3A? I will be so sad if her sickness ended her season. Those jumps are beautiful.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Dragon Cup in Slovakia. She won but fell in the SP on her 3A and in the FS she landed it but with a three turn and popped her lutz.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France

Well Osmond was the surprising winner last year. Rika is clearly the favorite this year and Alina the challenger but there are so many other talented skaters. I think Sofia can medal and if Elisabet tursynbaeva land a clean quad she can be a serious contender for a medal too. Kaori and satoko are also on the line and we get to know wo will be the third russian skater.

Skatefan15

On the Ice
I hope Rika and Kaori are on the podium!! I feel like Rika can win with only 1 3A compared to anyone else. I also hope a miracle happens and Bradie & Mariah are able to get 3 spots:pray:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't think the US will get 3 spots, but that's OK. Right now, it's not clear that we have a third lady deserving a Worlds spot. Yes, we had some impressive new seniors (Cui, Harrell) but both need more international experience.

Andrea82

Medalist
Dragon Cup in Slovakia. She won but fell in the SP on her 3A and in the FS she landed it but with a three turn and popped her lutz.

and both 3As were called UR by the technical panel (Ms Eva Szilagy from Hungary, Mr Clarence Ong from Australia and Ms Anja Bratec from Slovenia).

taylor1

On the Ice
I don't think Rika actually needs to land all of her triple axels to beat Alina or anyone else. Two is enough to win because all of her other elements are so good. I did not know that Liza competed last weekend. Where did she compete? Did she try her 3A? I will be so sad if her sickness ended her season. Those jumps are beautiful.

If Rika doesn’t land her triple axel in short program, then Alina will be the SP winner. I think then it would be an even playing field for the two. Rika needs to land all her triple axels if she wants the best chance of beating a clean Alina. But then again a clean Alina is questionable this season

Status
Not open for further replies.