2018-19 South Korean figure skating | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018-19 South Korean figure skating

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Dabin!! I hope those boots fit well, the winter sports festival is going to be her first competition of the season and I want her to go clean :pray:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Er38XTyMU

Dabin's SP at the Winter Sports Festival, can't really say I'm a big fan of the program but it's so nice to see her back on the ice again. Sure, she's not 100% in form, but I didn't expect her to be. I just hope those boots fit and she'll come back strong next season.

frida80

Record Breaker
I cannot believe Jun has to compete again this weekend instead of resting and focusing on Worlds. :mad:

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I cannot believe Jun has to compete again this weekend instead of resting and focusing on Worlds. :mad:

He does???
ugh when will he and all the other top Korean skaters be able to pull a Yuna Kim and not participate in all of these competitions? They should be able to focus on the most important ones, the ISU events. Domestically they should only do Nationals.
Korean Fed is crazy.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
He does???
ugh when will he and all the other top Korean skaters be able to pull a Yuna Kim and not participate in all of these competitions? They should be able to focus on the most important ones, the ISU events. Domestically they should only do Nationals.
Korean Fed is crazy.

For once KSU is not to blame for that, he's doing the winter sports festival because he needs it for his college portfolio.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdEmCKVhjQ

Dabin's FS at the Winter Sports Festival, she did Doctor Zhivago again (thankfully). No 3-3s attempted, and it's far from her best skate. But I'm still happy to see her back on the ice, and I believe that just as Soyoun did she'll come back beautifully.

skatenewbie

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdEmCKVhjQ

Dabin's FS at the Winter Sports Festival, she did Doctor Zhivago again (thankfully). No 3-3s attempted, and it's far from her best skate. But I'm still happy to see her back on the ice, and I believe that just as Soyoun did she'll come back beautifully.
it wasnt bad, funny how she nailed 3F and 3Lz but pop her sal lol. But why her 3Lz edge is like a flatz? she used to have quite clear outside edge lutz

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Is Dabin’s boot issue fixed? Not up to her full potential, but maybe she can use the comeback skater rule to get some GP spots next season?

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
ughhhh
What's with all these boot problems? Is it the edeas? I swear every korean skater is using those edeas. idek.

It's not the Edeas. If it was, this would be a wider spread problem since everyone and their dog, including me, wears Edeas. Boots break sometimes. It's the cost of doing business and it can happen with any brand (remember Mirai's Jackson boot tearing at Nationals during her short program in 2016?)

s_parks

Record Breaker
It's not the Edeas. If it was, this would be a wider spread problem since everyone and their dog, including me, wears Edeas. Boots break sometimes. It's the cost of doing business and it can happen with any brand (remember Mirai's Jackson boot tearing at Nationals during her short program in 2016?)

Yeah, I'm just baffled with all these boot issues with a vast majority of the korean skaters. Maybe it's all those competitions. I'm even more perplexed(worried...) about jun hwan's issues- for some reason, he can't seem to find a pair that fits and it worsens his injury as a result.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Soyoun did very well at Universiade! She placed a distant 10th in the short but rebounded to 4th in the free and 5th overall. Congratulations! :love:

Here is her FS:
https://youtu.be/d8umrvqBjuU

I really hope Soyoun keeps competing. She hasn’t appeared in many competitions recently but you can tell she still enjoys skating and she still has the potential. Her content may be low at the moment, but her jumps still maintain good quality and control. And of course, the artistry is really good too! If she skates like she did today, I think she can stay in the mix of the top Korean ladies.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Soyoun coming back made me so happy back at Nats, it's never a bad thing to have experienced seniors in the national team not to mention the beautiful quality of her skating. All my congratulations, Soyoun :luv17:

I was too depressed to comment yesterday (I had hoped for the girls to skate like they did at Nats and possibly get three spots for next year) but here's hoping for clean free skates for both Haein and Young :pray: Really, I don't know why them boots hate our skaters so, just look at the list: Dabin (lost a whole season due to boots issues), Yelim (had boots-related problems at Nats), Younghyun (boots snapped during his FS at Nats), Junhwan (his boots NEVER fit), and now Young :dbana: