2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 102 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

Balloon

On the Ice
Well...it’s nice to know we will always have good dance teams even if ice dance is the most boring to watch...waiting for Googolev to catch up ...pairs and ladies ...no one to watch in the juniors to watch ... maybe Walsh/ Michaud or Cotop might do something once Osmond and Moore-Towers/Marinaro (I cant spell his name) retires which will be very soon (neither will probably go to the next Olympics) although I’m not counting on it

I agree, I think there is potential in some junior pair skating but they need placed with the right partner.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Honestly, Canada did very well at JW. L/L won, Alison got spots back for JW and JGP, and Stephen was in the top 5 with a 220 score at his first JW. I... did not watch pairs :scard8:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Well...it’s nice to know we will always have good dance teams even if ice dance is the most boring to watch...waiting for Googolev to catch up ...pairs and ladies ...no one to watch in the juniors to watch ... maybe Walsh/ Michaud or Cotop might do something once Osmond and Moore-Towers/Marinaro (I cant spell his name) retires which will be very soon (neither will probably go to the next Olympics) although I’m not counting on it

Since the reason MT/M got together was to pursue a joint goal of competing in 2022, they likely will attend the next Olympics.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I do remember that was the goal for MTM 2022; let's see if they get a new throw triple or quad and what he does to help improve the lifts and twists. I would love to see Osmond as an old lady medal in Beijing individually but by then I think Japan, Russia and the US will dominate.

Scout

Final Flight
When will our junior ladies get it together, It's embarrassing at this point. :palmf:

What exactly did you expect out of Alison that you are embarrassed?

While not perfect, Alison had two pretty solid skates and showed great improvement. She scored 158+ at JW, compared to 130 and 144 at her JGP events. No falls, level 4 spins. Top 10 placement. Kept her focus and nerves under control in the long.

I don't think it's fair to expect much more out of her at this competition. She showed a lot of good stuff here.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
When will our junior ladies get it together, It's embarrassing at this point. :palmf:

Let's see ...there is Alison with a best finish in the juniors in years, and have you ever watched 16 year old Aurora, or Canada's current senior ladies silver medalists, who just won the bronze at the Bavarian Open in Feb. Just sayin', SGf.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Neither Alison nor Aurora are junior ladies---they're both seniors.

Of the two, IMO Aurora has the most potential, once she gets her harder jumps back. She is musical, graceful and has a lovely presence on the ice, and finishes off all her moves.

Alison has lutz and flip, but she doesn't quite have a 3/3 yet, as the second jump in both the 3s+3t and 2a+3t were UR. Her presentation needs work, as she doesn't seem to know what to do with her arms, and she skates pretty much blank-faced. That should improve as she gets more international exposure.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Neither Alison nor Aurora are junior ladies---they're both seniors.

Of the two, IMO Aurora has the most potential, once she gets her harder jumps back. She is musical, graceful and has a lovely presence on the ice, and finishes off all her moves.

Alison has lutz and flip, but she doesn't quite have a 3/3 yet, as the second jump in both the 3s+3t and 2a+3t were UR. Her presentation needs work, as she doesn't seem to know what to do with her arms, and she skates pretty much blank-faced. That should improve as she gets more international exposure.

Alison has never competed senior internationally, only nationally. She did two JGPs and JW. Pretty sure that makes her junior.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
CBC is airing its highlights of the Junior Worlds this Saturday. I’ll be interested to see Carol’s comments on Marjorie and Zach.

kenboy123

On the Ice
Lol...I totally mistook the ages of Kristen Moore-Towers and Michael Marinaro ...I thought they were at least in their 30s by now which is why I thought they would retire really soon...guess not...lol....

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just read the practice reports and Aurora has the 3t+3t back in her programs and she's been landing them with ease. The increased BV enhances her chances of qualifying for the FS.

rain

Record Breaker
Just read the practice reports and Aurora has the 3t+3t back in her programs and she's been landing them with ease. The increased BV enhances her chances of qualifying for the FS.

That's great news. Ideally, she'd have another year before being sent to worlds, especially after a season of serious injury, so it would be more likely to be a really good experience for her. But with the ladies field in Canada...Gabby and Alaine are total wildcards.