2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

starla16

Medalist
It wasn’t that long ago. Russia had 3 spots in 2015.

russian ice dance now are much better because almost all having good skating skills except S/B, just look at the upcoming seniors next season
also this was the best chance for Stepanova / Bukin to medal but I guess international judges really do prefer Sinitsina / Katsalapova.

I will not be surprised if one of Khubadarieva / Nazarov or Schevchenko / Eremenko bypass Zahorski/Guerero next season, they have very good skating skills with plenty of room to improve and they do not have the Kustarova Curse .

gmyers

Record Breaker
russian ice dance now are much better because almost all having good skating skills except S/B, just look at the upcoming seniors next season
also this was the best chance for Stepanova / Bukin to medal but I guess international judges really do prefer Sinitsina / Katsalapova.

I will not be surprised if one of Khubadarieva / Nazarov or Schevchenko / Eremenko bypass Zahorski/Guerero next season, they have very good skating skills with plenty of room to improve and they do not have the Kustarova Curse .

Zahorski and Guerrero while working very well together and having talent were not anyone’s priority or favorite. their rise was more because of an extraordinary emergency. They worked very hard to try to keep their High status but that injury and the free dance meltdown means they will likely lose their spot. Maybe that’s wrong!! Probably! Lol!

starla16

Medalist
Zahorski and Guerrero while working very well together and having talent were not anyone’s priority or favorite. their rise was more because of an extraordinary emergency. They worked very hard to try to keep their High status but that injury and the free dance meltdown means they will likely lose their spot. Maybe that’s wrong!! Probably! Lol!

They were defacto Rus No.3 because there were no other options. Just like Riazanova / Tkachenko and now their time as fillers are almost done.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Awesome results by S/K and S/B! Seems like russian ice dance is not as dead as people liked to proclaim a year ago ;)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

I like Z/G but I would also love to see Evdokimova/Bazin at at least one World championship. :)

NAOTMAA

Medalist
So close to two medals! Congrats to both teams for going for it!

When was the last time two Russian teams were top 4 at worlds?

Corwin

On the Ice
Country
Russia
So close to two medals! Congrats to both teams for going for it!

When was the last time two Russian teams were top 4 at worlds?

2003. Washington D.C.

2. Irina Lobacheva / Ilia Averbukh 4. Tatiana Navka / Roman Kostomarov

Weathergal

Medalist
Although not super likely I realize...I'd like to see Popova / Mozgov or Shpilevaya / Smirnov as #3. (Also like Zahorski / Guerreiro and Evdokimova / Bazin.)

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Although not super likely I realize...I'd like to see Popova / Mozgov or Shpilevaya / Smirnov as #3. (Also like Zahorski / Guerreiro and Evdokimova / Bazin.)

At the moment, Z/E and E/B seem to be coping better with the technical aspect of ID, E/B probably better than all of them. S/S have good musicality, but they are very weak in the technical part, which is a pity.

tempo

On the Ice
Russian Elder Age Novices Championship 2019
Iceberg Palace, Sochi Olympic park.

15:00 msk - Ice dances, RD

17:00 msk - pairs, SP

The live stream is at JuniorTV channel (15 minutes countdown)

Scott512

Record Breaker
TBH this thread is just too sad. Dance is the only discipline that doesn't have the maximum three spots. They rehabilitated the men, but dance, goodness gracious.

They dismissed their most talented ice dancer four years ago and have never recovered since. Her partner used the time wisely though to show the world how unreliable and inconsistent he can be all by himself.

gmyers, let's see what their juniors bring maybe they will surprise us in the new season. S/K are considered model attractive but when you pay attention to the skating especially their SD, its sort of sad just how incompatible they really are.

Where is Russian dance now? I gather it's slowly getting better. But the collapse of dance was just amazing and Russia after dominating for decades.

It's important that they have quality dance and pairs teams for the Beijing Olympics in order to win the team event because the Russian girls there will be fantastic. Unfortunately at the last Olympics the Russian girls were fantastic in the team event but the other three disciplines let them down.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Where is Russian dance now? I gather it's slowly getting better. But the collapse of dance was just amazing and Russia after dominating for decades.

It's important that they have quality dance and pairs teams for the Beijing Olympics in order to win the team event because the Russian girls there will be fantastic. Unfortunately at the last Olympics the Russian girls were fantastic in the team event but the other three disciplines let them down.

The pairs placed 1st in the SP and 2nd in the FS. So no, the other three disciplines didn't let them down.

Scott512

Record Breaker
The pairs placed 1st in the SP and 2nd in the FS. So no, the other three disciplines didn't let them down.

Okay I can figure out what discipline let Russia down but I'm too politically correct to say what discipline that was. ;)

tempo

On the Ice
Russian Elder Age Novices Championship 2019
Iceberg Palace, Sochi Olympic park.

13:00 msk - Ice dances, Free Dance

15:15 msk - pairs, Free Skate

The live stream is at JuniorTV channel (on the air)

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I hope with all the success S/K had this season Zhulin doesn't start to tinker too much and give them programs that make no sense. Of course they should continue to grow and try new things but when he coached B/S it felt like he at times went too far. He seem to all these ideas and they never translated onto ice well. Either that's because he just wasn't smart enough to do it right or B/S just weren't good enough to live up to it. I do think S/K are a better team and perhaps could perform his visions better but I would rather not have them shoot themselves in the foot when the competition is still very close.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I hope with all the success S/K had this season Zhulin doesn't start to tinker too much and give them programs that make no sense. Of course they should continue to grow and try new things but when he coached B/S it felt like he at times went too far. He seem to all these ideas and they never translated onto ice well. Either that's because he just wasn't smart enough to do it right or B/S just weren't good enough to live up to it. I do think S/K are a better team and perhaps could perform his visions better but I would rather not have them shoot themselves in the foot when the competition is still very close.

just out of curiosity and totally off topic, do your nick mean Nikolai-Alix-Olga-Tatiana-Maria-Anastasia-Alexei? (i know, if i'm wrong it may sound strange :biggrin:)