2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

sx98423

On the Ice
1) Alina had UR almost the entire season, even though some of the jumps weren't called at competitions. She won the WC with clean programs but it doesn't mean that she didn't struggle this season.
2) That's also not entirely true. If you follow her appearances from after the Olympics until today - you would see a difference.

1. which is why i mentioned her performance at WC since it shows an upward trend rather than a deterioration like op suggested. im not saying she didn't struggle but the comment i was responding to suggested that she was still on a downward trend

2. i have been following her since the olympics, i said that she looks pretty much the same not exactly the same. she's obviously gained muscle but it's not super drastic or anything.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
2) That's also not entirely true. If you follow her appearances from after the Olympics until today - you would see a difference.

I've seen comparison of her jumps SBS last season and this at worlds and the only difference is that her entries into jumps are more simple now.

monochrom3

On the Ice
1) Alina had UR almost the entire season, even though some of the jumps weren't called at competitions. She won the WC with clean programs but it doesn't mean that she didn't struggle this season.

1) Her main problems with ur was with her Lutz-Loop. And the inherent problem with the Lutz Loop itself is that its difficult not to underrotate it. Take Mao Asada for one, who did -Lo combinations back then and she also got urs with it. The other jumps she's been fairly consistent with, save for the few 'disaster' skates she had this season. I say disaster figuratively because she still managed to do pretty well in general. So. The team has been working on the jumps and from the start of the season till now, her jumps have gotten a lot better height and rotation in general. I say look at the 3S for one, and of course the Lutz Loop/Toe in general also has a lot better height.

2) Evgenia at the start of the season maybe, she was slightly heavier then. But at this point in time? She did an ice show yesterday where she wore her old Anna Karenina costume, and she looks more or less the same as she did last year. The large difference in style of costumes also play a large part in her possibly looking different.

If you look at Alina, she's not really the thin skinny small skater type. If you did a sbs comparison of Alina and Tukt's thighs, they're basically about the same circumference. Other than height tbh from last season to this season her body hasn't changed that much. She's lean and muscular, built more like Michelle Kwan than Julia. She also has a much more sustainable technique than Julia did.

Julia at 16 vs Alina at 16 were at very different stages of growth; Julia was pretty child-like when she won the olympics but Alina look pretty matured by the time she was at Olympics. Say all you want but you really can't say she has a 'child's body'. She's obviously not done growing completely, but she's more or less there. I would hardly say her puberty was 'suppressed' or any of that nonsense.

As for Evgenia, to say its puberty that caused her jumps to change would be fairly erroneous. Like. She's 19? almost 20. If you see her body since 2015 has changed gradually and she's adapted pretty well. She landed jumps with like 98% success rate in competition; there are few skaters who can lay claim to such consistency. The only time she's faltered was at the start of this season? And that was because 1. Injury that basically happens with every skater in the sport and 2. Coach change and technique changes that she needed time getting used to.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Highly likely FFKR won't provide accreditation to R-Sport journalist Elena Vaytsekhovskaya
https://fsrussia.ru/news/4371-ffkkr...hurnalistke-r-sport-elene-vajtsekhovskoj.html

Serves her right, FFKKR argumenting she lowers herself to the level of the tabloid gossip press to bolster her own social media profile created an outrage amongst both the FS professionals and fans.

Freedom of speech and freedom of press are valuable rights also in Russia, but there is always this thin red line below which a presumed professional reporter loses her credibility.

Perhaps setting an example will tame the gossip press a little? R-Sport especially. Not it’s reporting per se, but rather its moderation of the chat and discussion.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Adelina may not have the skinny gene in her so to even keep her show performance up to a certain level, she needs to maintain her shape. Someone looks healthy does not mean he/she has not restriction on diet, including Irina.

Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mean alina zagitova who just won the world championships with pretty strong jumps??

And honestly zhenya looks pretty much the same these days just with more muscle

Exactly.

madison

Record Breaker
Serves her right, FFKKR argumenting she lowers herself to the level of the tabloid gossip press to bolster her own social media profile created an outrage amongst both the FS professionals and fans.

Freedom of speech and freedom of press are valuable rights also in Russia, but there is always this thin red line below which a presumed professional reporter looses her credibility.

Perhaps setting an example will tame the gossip press a little? R-Sport especially.

What did she exactly say?

katymay

Medalist
Highly likely FFKR won't provide accreditation to R-Sport journalist Elena Vaytsekhovskaya
https://fsrussia.ru/news/4371-ffkkr...hurnalistke-r-sport-elene-vajtsekhovskoj.html
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

According to the really bad translation: Either Eteri called Elena a liar, or Elena called Eteri a liar? And now they are out to get each other. From what I've been able to see, Elena has an opinion, and she is entitled to it.. I don't agree with the opinion, because I think MOST skaters only have a few peak years. (Not just Eteri's kids) The tragedy would be for skater A or B to miss out on the Olympics because of stupid age requirements. (Elena wants it raised to 18)

esteticlove

Final Flight
I've seen comparison of her jumps SBS last season and this at worlds and the only difference is that her entries into jumps are more simple now.

flanker, it was about body changes.

As for Evgenia, to say its puberty that caused her jumps to change would be fairly erroneous. Like. She's 19? almost 20. If you see her body since 2015 has changed gradually and she's adapted pretty well. She landed jumps with like 98% success rate in competition; there are few skaters who can lay claim to such consistency. The only time she's faltered was at the start of this season? And that was because 1. Injury that basically happens with every skater in the sport and 2. Coach change and technique changes that she needed time getting used to.

Actually, I was only referring to the poster who said that Evgenia's body hasn't changed which isn't true and never implied that she struggled with her jumps because of her growth. I am not going into detail because there was a forum rule for not commenting skaters' bodies and also it's not very ethical to generally pay that much attention to such topic.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Trusova and Akatieva landed SBS 4T in preparation for the Tutberidze's show tomorrow.
Shcherbakova did 4Lz3T.
Clips published in Tutberidze's VK groups.
I cannot attach right now.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

The empire strikes back. After this year WC podium: Zagitova, Tursynbaeva, Medvedeva, after Daniil Samsonov's win of junior Rusnats with 260+ score, I am sure, that the decision has been made: Eteri is the flagship of Russian figure skating. The state award from Putin solidified that.

TAT has already changed her rhetoric. And those good for little people like Vaytsekhovskaya who attacked Eteri at every occassion will have to pay the toll now.

Edit: I know that some people like to pick on words here. Saying "good for little" I did not mean in general. Elena was a top diver some decades ago and had to finish with sports because of terrible injury just 1 year after she won Olympic gold medal. But she is doing little good when she pretends to be a figure skating journalist. Her anti-Eteri bias is obvious even when she is doing the thing some posters here liked to do here a while ago: I don't hate Eteri...but

madison

Record Breaker
The empire strikes back. After this year WC podium: Zagitova, Tursynbaeva, Medvedeva, after Daniil Samsonov's win of junior Rusnats with 260+ score, I am sure, that the decision has been made: Eteri is the flagship of Russian figure skating. The state award from Putin solidified that.

TAT has already changed her rhetoric. And those good for little people like Vaytsekhovskaya who attacked Eteri at every occassion will have to pay the toll now.

I've read that the journalist said that Eteri's skaters dont have long lasting careers. This is not an attack, but an opinion. It was expressed many times on this Forum as well, and in other parts too.
RusFed should accept that people have different opinions and the freedom of press and freedom of speech should be respected.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
According to the really bad translation: Either Eteri called Elena a liar, or Elena called Eteri a liar? And now they are out to get each other. From what I've been able to see, Elena has an opinion, and she is entitled to it.. I don't agree with the opinion, because I think MOST skaters only have a few peak years. (Not just Eteri's kids) The tragedy would be for skater A or B to miss out on the Olympics because of stupid age requirements. (Elena wants it raised to 18)
I mean, I don't know why people are so partout against age requirements anyways? I mean I agree 18 is too high but people already cry out at the raise to 16. It really makes me wonder. I think the best solution would be to add another category between juniors and seniors but that's very unrealistic

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I've read that the journalist said that Eteri's skaters dont have long lasting careers. This is not an attack, but an opinion. It was expressed many times on this Forum as well, and in other parts too.
RusFed should accept that people have different opinions and the freedom of press and freedom of speech should be respected.

She wrote about a dozen articles and she has a blog. She said a lot of things. This is just a fresh one:

Вот мне очень нравятся три наших юниорки Алена Косторная, Аня Щербакова и Саша Трусова.
Но при этом я прекрасно понимаю, что их ни на какой следующей Олимпиаде не будет.

I like 3 our juniors a lot: Alena Kostornaya, Anya Scherbakova, and Sasha Trusova. At the same time it is absolutelty clear to me that they will not go to the next Olympics.

I think she should rest a bit. And this is not about the freedom of speech. This is outright trolling.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
Adelina may not have the skinny gene in her so to even keep her show performance up to a certain level, she needs to maintain her shape. Someone looks healthy does not mean he/she has not restriction on diet, including Irina.

I’ll give her a pass for the one meal a day, adults can choose to eat in whatever pattern works for them. Intermittent fasting is popular right now and that can mean eating one meal a day. But I can’t think of any reason for someone to avoid drinking water. Maybe there are reasons leading up to competition. But someone not competing and just doing shows? It’s not healthy to deprive yourself of water. The body needs more than “a few sips” to stay healthy, especially if you are exerting yourself.

P44

On the Ice
It's entirely possible she may switch things up and throw in a flip just for the fun of it. I get the impression she doesn't necessarily skate to win, but to prove that she can do these extraordinary things.

I'm not sure of that. It worked in junior when she had a clear lead over the other competitors in jgp (even in case of a fall). But in senior it will not be so simple anymore.

Grin

Medalist

Elena was a flagship of anti-Eteri campaign in Russia since 2014... I glad she is getting now what she deserved. Stripping her from accreditation is long overdue.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
When does the live stream for the Eteri gala start again? Where is the link for it again? Sorry forgot where it was posted under all these posts XD