2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The #TeamTutberidzeForProgress show is probably the most anticipated gala event of this season.

You’re unlikely to see a more star studded cast in any ice show ever or at least anytime soon.

How many National, European, World and Olympic medals of all levels and disciplines, though a bit thin on the men's side? How many “ice breakers” (silly analogy of ‘ground breaking’) skaters that progressed the sport to a whole new level? How many beautiful routines that have captured our hearts the previous years? Champions on Ice is a most appropriate title. Hopefully, the participants will do themselves proud, i cannot imagine they want to let themselves or anybody down for that matter.

Perhaps a secret unadvertised guest performance by Xavier Hernandez, that would really be something? But the rehearsals must be well underway by now and we don’t have our own fly on the wall down in Krasnodar to spy for us ;-)

Scott512

Record Breaker
1) Her main problems with ur was with her Lutz-Loop. And the inherent problem with the Lutz Loop itself is that its difficult not to underrotate it. Take Mao Asada for one, who did -Lo combinations back then and she also got urs with it. The other jumps she's been fairly consistent with, save for the few 'disaster' skates she had this season. I say disaster figuratively because she still managed to do pretty well in general. So. The team has been working on the jumps and from the start of the season till now, her jumps have gotten a lot better height and rotation in general. I say look at the 3S for one, and of course the Lutz Loop/Toe in general also has a lot better height.

2) Evgenia at the start of the season maybe, she was slightly heavier then. But at this point in time? She did an ice show yesterday where she wore her old Anna Karenina costume, and she looks more or less the same as she did last year. The large difference in style of costumes also play a large part in her possibly looking different.

If you look at Alina, she's not really the thin skinny small skater type. If you did a sbs comparison of Alina and Tukt's thighs, they're basically about the same circumference. Other than height tbh from last season to this season her body hasn't changed that much. She's lean and muscular, built more like Michelle Kwan than Julia. She also has a much more sustainable technique than Julia did.

Julia at 16 vs Alina at 16 were at very different stages of growth; Julia was pretty child-like when she won the olympics but Alina look pretty matured by the time she was at Olympics. Say all you want but you really can't say she has a 'child's body'. She's obviously not done growing completely, but she's more or less there. I would hardly say her puberty was 'suppressed' or any of that nonsense.

As for Evgenia, to say its puberty that caused her jumps to change would be fairly erroneous. Like. She's 19? almost 20. If you see her body since 2015 has changed gradually and she's adapted pretty well. She landed jumps with like 98% success rate in competition; there are few skaters who can lay claim to such consistency. The only time she's faltered was at the start of this season? And that was because 1. Injury that basically happens with every skater in the sport and 2. Coach change and technique changes that she needed time getting used to.

Thank you for such an amazing in-depth post. I agree with every word.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I've read that the journalist said that Eteri's skaters dont have long lasting careers. This is not an attack, but an opinion. It was expressed many times on this Forum as well, and in other parts too.
RusFed should accept that people have different opinions and the freedom of press and freedom of speech should be respected.

Nobody prevents her from writing anything. She can always express herself on her blog (or go on Youtube like Dave Lease :rolleye:). She isn't entitled to accreditation just because she calls herself a journalist. And you're just focusing on one excerpt when there are surely far worse things she has written over the years. From what I've seen, there are plenty of highly biased Russian journalists who criticize skaters and coaches, who have not been warned like this. So there has to be something more going on than simply expressing an opinion.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Sasha’s height though :shock2:

Sasha‘s 4T is so consistent now! And her technique on it is pretty good as well. I think she‘ll keep landing that one. It will be interesting to see whether her or Anna will get the first GP event next year... because whoever gets the first one, will land the second quad (and first 4Lz) in seniors.

tempo

On the Ice
Who else is performing apart from the 3 aces and Alina?

That was announced few days ago:

Show participants:
Alina Zagitova,
Alexandra Trusova,
Anna Shcherbakova,
Alёna Kostornaya,
Daniil Samsonov,
Kamila Valieva,
Moris Kvitelashvili,
Elizabet Tursynbayeva,
Diana Davis and Gleb Smolkin,
Sofya Akatieva,
Arseniy Fedotov,
Nikolai Kolesnikov.

Invited guests:
Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov;
Victoria Sinitsyna and Nikita Katsalapov;
Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
We’re live now.
No boarding so cool, premium seats at ice edge.