2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

concorde

Medalist
But she might be ready to compete at Regionals in October or at a late Challenger. Time will tell. I don’t think that clip was one full sequence so it’s hard to tell how much stamina she has. But she’s starting to show characteristic Gracie-like jumps and movement again.

Many of Vincent's skaters are competing this weekend at Chesapeake and no Gracie. While is it is still early in the season, one of the benefits of competing early is to get the "kinks" out of the program so that by Regionals, you have no surprises.

At a minimum, I think Gracie has to compete and do ok at one of the summer big 4 and/or Regionals. Only then will she get a Challenger assignment.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Many of Vincent's skaters are competing this weekend at Chesapeake and no Gracie. While is it is still early in the season, one of the benefits of competing early is to get the "kinks" out of the program so that by Regionals, you have no surprises.

At a minimum, I think Gracie has to compete and do ok at one of the summer big 4 and/or Regionals. Only then will she get a Challenger assignment.

Thanks for the info. Maybe she’ll feel ready to compete in Philly. But if not, there’s absolutely no point in her rushing it. If she’s not ready this season she will be smart to wait, both for her competitive confidence and her reputation. I am really pleased to see how much progress she’s made, though. She seems so much more relaxed and at ease with her skating in those clips, like she’s not fighting herself any more.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. Maybe she’ll feel ready to compete in Philly. But if not, there’s absolutely no point in her rushing it. If she’s not ready this season she will be smart to wait, both for her competitive confidence and her reputation. I am really pleased to see how much progress she’s made, though. She seems so much more relaxed and at ease with her skating in those clips, like she’s not fighting herself any more.

I really like this comment. The pressure of competition and expectation are factors in Gracie's disorder. She needs to let this comeback happen at her own pace. Now that she has her triples back, we'll just have to wait and see how she does under pressure. She looks great in that clip and is "close" to ready. I'm pulling for her all the way.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I really think summer is a good time for anyone striving for a comeback to do so. Everyone is a hot mess during the club competition portion of the season. OK, maybe not the juniors getting ready for the JGP; but generally everyone at the senior level at least. It would seem like a good low-pressure time for Gracie to make her way back in rather than start right off with regionals/sectionals where it's one bad event & you're done. Most athletes in those events will have already been through the summer club event season and have worked their way through the bumps by them. I'd like to see Gracie work her way through those bumps with them. (Or not see her, as the case may be. As often what makes those events lower pressure is that they do not all involve camera footage and/or free streaming).

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I really think summer is a good time for anyone striving for a comeback to do so. Everyone is a hot mess during the club competition portion of the season. OK, maybe not the juniors getting ready for the JGP; but generally everyone at the senior level at least. It would seem like a good low-pressure time for Gracie to make her way back in rather than start right off with regionals/sectionals where it's one bad event & your done. Most athletes in those events will have already been through the summer club event season and have worked their way through the bumps by them. I'd like to see Gracie work her way through those bumps with them. (Or not see her, as the case may be. As often what makes those events lower pressure is that they do not all involve camera footage and/or free streaming).

I totally agree that Gracie would be well-served by starting with lower pressure summer comps to test the waters, work out the kinks, etc. But I think the key is how ready she feels. In my experience, competitive confidence comes from knowing (1) you can rely on your skills and preparation; (2) you’re competing at an appropriate level; and (3) what to expect from the process (what it feels like to compete; how to handle your nerves, etc.). So I’m hoping she won’t go out there until she’s fully confident in her skills and preparation, even if it means waiting until next summer to test the waters.

LynsJ

On the Ice
I’d actually prefer if Gracie waited until next year to try for the big comps. I’d love to see more of her this year but looking at how much she has improved this past few months if she waited until next season she could come back with a bang! Hoping and wishing her the best either way. What’s she doing is amazing [emoji7]

natsulian

Final Flight
According to TSL, Ting has a high ankle injury, cannot jump, and it has been persistent for several months now (probably about 3 months). However, it seems that despite the doctor's orders, her father's still drilling her. Also, Ting has been continuously moving between Maryland and Colorado. Best of luck to Ting and I hope that she fully recovers by November IF what they say is true.

Remember to take anything TSL says with a grain of salt and should never be treated as confirmed news.

frida80

Record Breaker
According to TSL, Ting has a high ankle injury, cannot jump, and it has been persistent for several months now (probably about 3 months). However, it seems that despite the doctor's orders, her father's still drilling her. Also, Ting has been continuously moving between Maryland and Colorado. Best of luck to Ting and I hope that she fully recovers by November IF what they say is true.

Remember to take anything TSL says with a grain of salt and should never be treated as confirmed news.
Devastating. She needed rest so badly. I'm so worried for her now.

MarinHondas

Final Flight

Heartbreaking to hear. Tsl is, unfortunately in this situation, more often than not right. They have a lot of connections :( She is absolutely my favorite U.S. lady right now, and I’m just so sad to hear this. Well, I hope for the best now. I don’t know what else to say. Just devastating.

lutzlover

On the Ice
TSL also noted that Mariah and Eunsoo won't be competing against each other at Skate America. Was that scandal/situation ever resolved? Are both skaters still with Raphael?

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
TSL also noted that Mariah and Eunsoo won't be competing against each other at Skate America. Was that scandal/situation ever resolved? Are both skaters still with Raphael?

Resolved only in the sense that neither party seems interested in discussing it publicly anymore. TSL previously mentioned that Eunsoo appears to be training with coaches in Korea and is no longer under Raf's tutelage or at Lakewood. They have a pretty good relationship with Raf and their info about his camp has been pretty accurate thus far so I see no reason to doubt that. But as far as I know Eunsoo hasn't actually confirmed it herself.

natsulian

Final Flight
Alysa Liu and Karen Chen will be competing at Broadmoor Open held from June 23-29. Other competitors will be confirmed as we get closer to the ladies event.

As for Ting, her first Grand Prix event will not be until November, so she has about five months to heal and recover. The best thing we can do is to send our thoughts and prayers for full recovery.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzChfLaHxWB/?igshid=1sw1oi5bz7zf7

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Alysa Liu and Karen Chen will be competing at Broadmoor Open held from June 23-29. Other competitors will be confirmed as we get closer to the ladies event.

As for Ting, her first Grand Prix event will not be until November, so she has about five months to heal and recover. The best thing we can do is to send our thoughts and prayers for full recovery.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzChfLaHxWB/?igshid=1sw1oi5bz7zf7
So we’ll finally get to see what music Alysa chose for this season!!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Omg, isn’t the Aerial Jump Challenge thing coming at the end of this month??? I can’t wait! Which ladies are participating?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will any of these competitions be on NBC Gold. I miss competitions so much. :dbana:
And I'm looking forward to the music choices.