2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 170 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

ruga

Final Flight
Another question: which girls will be invited? Only the ones in national team and reserve or will they invite Sotskova and Sakhanovich as well, since they have GP assignments?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I saw someone posted on Twitter that 1tv will also broadcast the senior test skates sept 7-8

wow, the popularity of FS in Russia is reaching its' peak.
Like 10 years ago, no one cared about nationals and there was barely any crowd.
Now the tickets are in high demand, it gets broadcasted on national television and even practices and test skates are broadcasted too.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Another question: which girls will be invited? Only the ones in national team and reserve or will they invite Sotskova and Sakhanovich as well, since they have GP assignments?

IIRC, last year it was just the girls with GP assignments. The only girl on the senior NT/reserve that would exclude would be Gubanova, but rumor has it she's gonna go for a JGP so she'll probably be at junior test skates anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Now the tickets are in high demand, it gets broadcasted on national television and even practices and test skates are broadcasted too.

Not to mention they have a well-rated reality competition show that's sole premise is children skating! Thats pretty amazing popularity if you ask me. I wish it could be like that in all countries.

Fluture

Record Breaker
The interview is truly a good one, but I have no rights for the translation, so I won't post it here :devil:

Well, you can at least tell us what it‘s about, can‘t you? Next season? Programs? Sponsors? Something about skating in general? Come on... just tell us. :(

voolfee

On the Ice
Nastya about Alina:
You see, it so happened that I was born in the second half of a year, and I could not go to seniors in Olympic season, but she [Alina] - in the first half. She is such a lucky.

Nastya thinks she would go to the Olympics if she was born in the first half of a year? Who prevented Nastya to qualify for the Worlds this year? I don't think that in the case of Alina you can use the word luck. Did luck help Alina win the Worlds this year?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
1 month left CAN'T WAIT :hap93::dance:

IKR! Doesn't it seem like last season just ended?? I don't mind a seemingly never-ending season though. And I can't wait for music announcement for these new juniors! Super intrigued what Kamila will do for the lp, as well as Daria Usacheva. And I'm so excited to see Sinitsyna and Tarakanova's new programs! Not to mention possibly Gubanova, Khromykh, Tarusina, etc etc. Seeing that many new programs on one/two days is sure going to be a treat! Let it begin!!!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Nastya thinks she would go to the Olympics if she was born in the first half of a year? Who prevented Nastya to qualify for the Worlds this year? I don't think that in the case of Alina you can use the word luck. Did luck help Alina win the Worlds this year?

Well, luck is always involved when it comes to the Olympics because they only come every four years. Alina was lucky that she was born during this time, had she been born later she would have missed her best shot at an OGM. So, yes, Alina was incredibly lucky to be born when she was. Just like Yulia. Does this mean they didn‘t work hard as well? No, not at all. Luck can only take you so far. Kind of like talent. You need a combination of all three to make it to the top. Everyone mentioned how hard Alina worked. Without that she wouldn‘t be Olympic Champ, no matter how lucky she was.

I understand where Nastya is coming from, it probably would have been easier to qualify this time around for her than next but I don‘t think what she said was entirely correct. But who can blame her? She‘s 16 and pretty much overlooked all the time and probably frustrated as well. I don‘t think she said something in bad intentions and I do understand her point but maybe she could have worded it a bit differently.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Well, you can at least tell us what it‘s about, can‘t you? Next season? Programs? Sponsors? Something about skating in general? Come on... just tell us. :(

There is a joke in Czech Republic, "we are not even allowed to indicate"... but ok, nothing about new programs, I'm sorry (also nothing about bad posture :) ).

Generally it is deeper interview than usually. Some main topics: popularity, overcoming difficulties (here I give one detail: "Sweet talks and patting on the back do not work for me"), relation with coaches, family, what was her mother's attitude to her trainings and results when she was still in Izhevsk etc. They also ask her whether she thinks her parents are proud of her and much more. Alina's answers are honest and well-thought as usually.

katymay

Medalist
IIRC, last year it was just the girls with GP assignments. The only girl on the senior NT/reserve that would exclude would be Gubanova, but rumor has it she's gonna go for a JGP so she'll probably be at junior test skates anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention they have a well-rated reality competition show that's sole premise is children skating! Thats pretty amazing popularity if you ask me. I wish it could be like that in all countries.

The problem is the product isn't as good in other countries. There are so many wonderful younger skaters in Russia, but in the U.S? Not so much. There are a number of younger age novice competitions on you tube from Italy-but honestly-it is hard to watch.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She did not say she would have gone to the Olympics in the Olympic season of 2018. Nastya said she could not go to seniors in the Olympic season because of the time of the year she was born. That's a fact and that's all she said.

Her point is that Alina had good fortune on her side. Alina also had the best coach. She has taken advantage of all her opportunities and I offer my heartfelt congratulations to her. Alina has earned all her greatness. But to be fair she was also fortunate Eteri took her back that day she was going to expel her from her Sambo 70 group. That kindness from EG changed everything and I'm so glad Alina has become a GOAT. I also hope that Anastasia becomes more consistent and her technical ability can match her great skating skills and musicality in the future. But that's obviously a very hard mix to master.

Nastya was not knocking Alina nor would she deny that Alina is great. But as we know the Russian girls in interviews are usually all business and say what they think and directly answer questions they are asked with no filter. This question was about the time of the year that Nastya was born and Alina was born in 2002. In figure skating being born before August 1st means something.

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice

I would like to quote Eteri - when someone asked her “how did this happen?”,
she said “I came back to Russia” :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

They usually invite skaters too who are not on the main or reserve teams. Some additional funding could be allocated to those off the team lists if they demonstrate good programs and strong potential/progress during offseason.

After this criticism I will think twice...

Translations of interviews are greatly welcome on Golden Skate. Many Golden Skate members do not speak Russian and the kindness of our bilingual members is the only way we can keep up with all the news. :)

Scott512 was just saying that the interviewer asked the question in a way that put Anastasia a little bit on the spot. (Being truthful and tactful at the same time is not easy for a youngster.)