2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

starla16

Medalist
I'd rather them have a different program. This one is beneath them.

while I detest Lara Fabian cheesy songs for that matter Je Suis Malade its too late to change a new music or program
at least they should try to match the costumes, when I saw them I though they changed the music, I was thinking it would be Tango or Jazz.

Artemisa

Final Flight
says who ? If Boikova / Kozlovskii made it on their debut whom are much weaker technically, already their SB is ahead of B/K and P/K.
whom else do they contend for a spot the new pairs Stolbova / Novoselov and the injured Zabijako / Enbert.

B/K in this season her score is 76.93 in a new SP (Shangai) and they are the kind of team that evolve during the season ... M/G are a good team and will fight for to be in the podium but considering they will be the first team this year is little be a dreaming ... T/M beat them in technic and PCs is very difficult ... B/K have something to the public ...

starla16

Medalist
B/K in this season her score is 76.93 in a new SP (Shangai) and they are the kind of team that evolve during the season ... M/G are a good team and will fight for to be in the podium but considering they will be the first team this year is little be a dreaming ... T/M beat them in technic and PCs is very difficult ... B/K have something to the public ...

public what ? technique and difficulty will always win ask Nathan Chen or Trusova, B/K maybe ahead PCS wise for now but that will change if M/G build momentum and keep getting clean skates. Boikova / Kozlovski are not consistent though not as worst as Trasova / Morozov. We are awaiting Stolbova / Novoselov too which with clean skates can outscore Boikova / Kozlovski. If everyone skates their full difficulty and potential

1 Mishina / Galliamov
2 Trasova / Morozov
3 Stolbova / Novoselov

Boikova / Kozlovski wont be making the team, they might fight 4th place if Zabijako / Enbert return with decent skates.
ETA: B List: Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin and Efimova / Korovin

medoroa

On the Ice
If everyone skates their full difficulty and potential

1 Mishina / Galliamov
2 Trasova / Morozov
3 Stolbova / Novoselov

The difference in BV between M/G (Finlandia) and B/K (Shanghai) is literally 0,7. B/K received 10,17 GOE while M/G received 10,26, which is basically no difference. No one here is saying M/G can't make the team, people are saying it's up in the air, which the numbers support, since top pairs points are so close anyway.

LadyB

Record Breaker
public what ? technique and difficulty will always win ask Nathan Chen or Trusova, B/K maybe ahead PCS wise for now but that will change if M/G build momentum and keep getting clean skates. Boikova / Kozlovski are not consistent though not as worst as Trasova / Morozov. We are awaiting Stolbova / Novoselov too which with clean skates can outscore Boikova / Kozlovski. If everyone skates their full difficulty and potential

1 Mishina / Galliamov
2 Trasova / Morozov
3 Stolbova / Novoselov

Boikova / Kozlovski wont be making the team, they might fight 4th place if Zabijako / Enbert return with decent skates.
ETA: B List: Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin and Efimova / Korovin

You are a funny one, starla16 :biggrin: Not even considering B/K among the top 3, while working on assumptions regarding S/N - wow! I love M/G and adore Ksenia, but I wouldn't quite agree with your list. Do you have a personal grudge against Sasha and Dima or are you just having a laugh? Either way, you're entertaining.

starla16

Medalist
You are a funny one, starla16 :biggrin: Not even considering B/K among the top 3, while working on assumptions regarding S/N - wow! I love M/G and adore Ksenia, but I wouldn't quite agree with your list. Do you have a personal grudge against Sasha and Dima or are you just having a laugh? Either way, you're entertaining.

you might find it as sarcasm but Stolbova / Novoselov are experienced skaters, base on their test skates if they skate clean they are capable of bumping Boikova / Kozlovski. Their triple twist is no worst than B/K too. :)

btw, Kozlovskii isnt strong in lifting, its not secure like Galliamov or Morozov, even Novoselov has better handling of Stolbova and they are a new pair. Klimov was a bit shorter so he struggled with twists and sometimes lift variations with Ksenia.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Klimov was a bit shorter so he struggled with twists and sometimes lift variations with Ksenia.
I would like to leave Fedor Klimov out of this, since he is not competing anymore. I think he handled her brilliantly, given that Ksenia's ongoing difficulties in landing throws (and jumps) were mainly due to severe and prolonged problems with her leg, not with Fedor struggling to throw. They've proven too often that they could do it beautifully. Novoselov might be tall, but is he of the same quality as Fedor, let alone a young Dima Kozlovskii who learns and improves every day.

starla16

Medalist
I would like to leave Fedor Klimov out of this, since he is not competing anymore. I think he handled her brilliantly, given that Ksenia's ongoing difficulties in landing throws (and jumps) were mainly due to severe and prolonged problems with her leg, not with Fedor struggling to throw. They've proven too often that they could do it beautifully. Novoselov might be tall, but is he of the same quality as Fedor, let alone a young Dima Kozlovskii who learns and improves every day.

of course Novoselov isnt as good as Fedor, but Fedor was always injury prone especially with his shoulders, also I'm sorry Kozlovski maybe improving but he will never be a textbook lifter like Galliamov or Morozov. Their physique gives that away already.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Why not to wait for GP and russian nationals, this debate truly has no ending. Esp. when all pairs noted are strong with great potential and all countries would fall over themselves in attempt to poach for any of them.

medoroa

On the Ice
taller, broad shoulders, and buffer.

I thought that might be what you meant, but I disagree. If you look at Kozlovskii it's evident he's bulked up between last season and now, it was the first thing I noticed at test skates. It's textbook for pairs men to do this, and he has. (Have you ever seen Anton Sikharulidze as a junior? Downright SCRAWNY.)

starla16

Medalist
I thought that might be what you meant, but I disagree. If you look at Kozlovskii it's evident he's bulked up between last season and now, it was the first thing I noticed at test skates. It's textbook for pairs men to do this, and he has. (Have you ever seen Anton Sikharulidze as a junior? Downright SCRAWNY.)

he has gotten more muscles but he will never be built like Galliamov or Morozov
its all goes back to genetics. Simple as that. He can try improving technique but the difference in how Gallaimov lift their partners and how effortless compared to Kozlovski are evident And both are new to seniors.

medoroa

On the Ice
he has gotten more muscles but he will never be built like Galliamov or Morozov
its all goes back to genetics. Simple as that. He can try improving technique but the difference in how Gallaimov lift their partners and how effortless compared to Kozlovski are evident And both are new to seniors.

Judges average GOE of B/K at Shanghai: 2,8
Judges average GOE of M/G for their SP: 2,875

:shrug: If you think that's a fundamental, irrevocable difference that goes back to the moment these men were conceived in their mothers' wombs, feel free. Judges clearly seem to think you're exaggerating somewhat.

starla16

Medalist

:shrug: If you think that's a fundamental, irrevocable difference that goes back to the moment these men were conceived in their mothers' vombs, feel free. Judges clearly seem to think you're exaggerating somewhat.

you didn't even consider its M/G first CS event, sorry but yes its not fair but its all genetics, Galliamov will always lift Mishina better than Kozlovski with his partner.
again he can improve in technique that's all he can do as he cant compete with Galliamov or Morozov physique wise.

Artemisa

Final Flight

I think you maybe be right LadyB. I think starla16 does have a grudge B/K ... you can't say that Ksenia pair is going to achieve without even a competition on them this year ( and I consider Ksenia a queen in pairs) and in to other hand say that B/K e Z/E team have to skate for 4 place base on what ?? In last year nationals M/G were 5th against the other russian teams ... today they pass to be the first base on one skate that have less points than B/K ... don't forget that M/G only have a new SP for this year, LP is the same .. so is only natural that is more ready than the SP of other teams that had to prepare both new programs!
Even if they achive the tech the PCS won't be the best ... they probably will have the same problem of T/M at the begining ... intrepertation and connection with the public something the B/K have ... for have a momentum you have to get that to ...

They have a easy road on their GPF because in their GP they are basically alone in competition after the french pair decide not participate and i can't remember what were Z/E assingment ... not like B/K who are against T/M and got in rostecolum cup Ksenia who is a wild card ...

So your obsession with M/G and you grudge for B/K needs to wait for the nationals to have some kind of basis

NAOTMAA

Medalist

:shrug: If you think that's a fundamental, irrevocable difference that goes back to the moment these men were conceived in their mothers' wombs, feel free. Judges clearly seem to think you're exaggerating somewhat.

While its true you can't compare events because the judges are different keep in mind that in Shanghai B/K were facing the #2 Chinese team (who beat all Russian teams at the GPF and almost made the world podium last year!) on their own home turf. That easily weighs on the minds of the judges and plays a big role when scoring. B/K were the #2 ranked team in that competition and its a credit to their skill that they were as close to P/J as they were. Who did M/G face in Finlandia? It's easy to look impressive to the judges and skate more freely when there isn't much competition to challenge you.

It will be the same in the GP as well where M/G have a far easier schedule then B/K do. B/K have to face T/M twice, the #1 ranked Canadians in Canada and S/N in Russia. All of this will be in the minds of the judges and will effect their marks just as facing P/J in China did at Shanghai. M/G could easily make it to the GPF and B/K won't. But it won't mean anything until they face each other at nationals. Just ask P/K who made the GPF (in their debut senior season!) yet still lost the ticket to worlds to B/K.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I don't see how M/G have an easier path to the GPF. Their first GP is more on their hands, but in the second GP they'll have the Canadian, Chinese and Italian #1. Also, two strong american teams to battle for the podium, when B/K have T/M above them, and could definitely beat Canadian #1. Both teams could potentially make the GPF tho.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
M/G will be the undoubted #1 Russian team at both their events. There is no way the Russian fed. will let them go unaided politiking wise because they are the reigning Junior world champs (the judges will look highly on that too) and have great potential. That will aid them over the Americans and Italians if they hold it together. B/K will be a far distant afterthought in the minds of the fed. at their events because T/M are at both of them.

I honestly don't expect B/K to make the GPF. They could potentially beat the Canadians but Skate Canada won't let their #1 go down easy to a #2/3 ranked Russian team on home ice and I'm guessing the judges will try their best to keep the balance of power among the two pairs power houses. The fed. also will keep an open mind about S/N in Russia (Morozov has behind the scenes power) so even at a home event B/K are only a soft #2 team and could easily be #3. I just hope they use their events as preparation for nationals, like last year, where it will really count.

readernick

Medalist
says who ? If Boikova / Kozlovskii made it on their debut whom are much weaker technically, already their SB is ahead of B/K and P/K.
whom else do they contend for a spot the new pairs Stolbova / Novoselov and the injured Zabijako / Enbert.

You are obviously a huge fan of this team. They are technically very good but you can't make Boikova/Kozlovski tier 2 by just stating it over and over again. Artistically/program wise B/K are ahead. This, matters more in the lp than the short.