🇮🇹 IOC awards the 2026 Winter Olympics to Milan—Cortina d’Ampezzo | Page 3 | Golden Skate

🇮🇹 IOC awards the 2026 Winter Olympics to Milan—Cortina d’Ampezzo

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wasn't Salt Lake a disaster?

:confused:

In terms of the running of the games, those Olys ran smoothly, well, and didn’t increase the tax burden on the citizens of SLC.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Italy has enough $ to fund hosting the Olympics?

Maybe.

You have to consider that the entirety of the cost is covered by the regions involved which happened to be the richer ones of our country. I'm more worried for corruption, embezelment, etc.

Awful. Milan is an ok city to visit but I don’t feel the need to go back, now I’ll have to.

was rooting for Stockholm..

Here's the thing: among all candidates we are the only one who wanted it from the start, all other countries including Sweden had petitions or parties heavily against this.

In Italy there were even people upset when the government said no to Summer Olympics in Rome twice, which would have been a real catastrophe. (Summer Olympics more expensive, Rome is a trainwreck of a city)

Ducky

On the Ice
I feel like given the unreasonableness of having athletes compete at 2 am, nbc will not get its wish on that.

The timing worked out for the last Olympics where NBC could make those demands. It's probably going to be more like Sochi where they will stream the live events and then offer the tape delay during prime time.