2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes

hanca

Record Breaker
I'm not really surprised but this is a bit sad. Their SBS jumps were a definite weakness/problem for trying to transition to Seniors, but they had truly GORGEOUS pair elements.

They wouldn't have to transition to seniors yet, they would still have two junior seasons. It is a pity, I enjoyed this team. I am curious who he has been paired with. As she is on partner search website and he is not, I am guessing their coach already had a plan for him.

tulosai

Record Breaker
They wouldn't have to transition to seniors yet, they would still have two junior seasons. It is a pity, I enjoyed this team. I am curious who he has been paired with. As she is on partner search website and he is not, I am guessing their coach already had a plan for him.

Callous as this sounds I assume she couldn't get a triple toe and he saw the writing on the wall and decided to move on. It's difficult to blame him really, while they could have stayed Junior if he knew she was probably never even going to get the toe it's understandable that he wouldn't want to spend two more years on a partnership he was sure wasn't going anywhere. I also enjoyed them though and will miss them.

hanca

Record Breaker
Osipova looked promising when she skated with Galliyamov. Maybe she would be a good partner for Sopot. Although with his and her figure, they may look a bit like Bazarova/Larionov. Alternatively, I think he is in relationship with Poluyanova, so if he wants go combine personal and skating relationship, we may see the split up of Poluyanova/Selkin soon.