2017 Internationaux de France GALA | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Internationaux de France GALA

GGFan

Record Breaker
I really do not see the uproar over Alina's costume and routine. What are people seeing that is so offensive?

I personally did not watch the routine. I saw her come out in a cat suit with a cutout and it seemed too grown for me. I've always thought about cutouts like Morgan Cipres' as winky. It's a peekaboo that draws attention to certain body parts without showing off everything.

I have no idea why a 15 year old would be drawing attention to her breasts. I don't want to have a winky moment with someone that young. I don't run her household but my child wouldn't be appearing on national TV like that (note that I have no children :biggrin:). None of this has to do with Zagitova herself. I'm not a prude but just like with Toddlers and Tiaras the sexualization makes me uncomfortable.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Javier's 'Danny Boy' was absolutely gorgeous. One of those programs that it's a privilege to watch.

And I see Laurine left her Grease costume at home and had to improvise with a slip and some exercise gear! Made it work, though.

I like Bychenko's 'All Alone'. I wouldn't necessarily expect a ballad to work with his choppy energy, but it does.

moriel

Record Breaker
I personally did not watch the routine. I saw her come out in a cat suit with a cutout and it seemed too grown for me. I've always thought about cutouts like Morgan Cipres' as winky. It's a peekaboo that draws attention to certain body parts without showing off everything.

I have no idea why a 15 year old would be drawing attention to her breasts. I don't want to have a winky moment with someone that young. I don't run her household but my child wouldn't be appearing on national TV like that (note that I have no children :biggrin:). None of this has to do with Zagitova herself. I'm not a prude but just like with Toddlers and Tiaras the sexualization makes me uncomfortable.

Ummmm I´m pretty sure that any female who have been 15 years old at some point could answer your question about why a 15 years old would draw attention to her breasts.
Because she is a woman, she got a grown up body, she looks attractive and she wants to look attractive.
She is 15, she is not 10.

(As a side note, my parents were like you, and i pity a lot your future child. Her teenage years will be quite depressing - it sucks not being able to dress up as you want, and to be teased for it).

GGFan

Record Breaker
Ummmm I´m pretty sure that any female who have been 15 years old at some point could answer your question about why a 15 years old would draw attention to her breasts.
Because she is a woman, she got a grown up body, she looks attractive and she wants to look attractive.
She is 15, she is not 10.

(As a side note, my parents were like you, and i pity a lot your future child. Her teenage years will be quite depressing - it sucks not being able to dress up as you want, and to be teased for it).

Please take it down 5 notches, especially with personalizing this and fake pitying my hypothetical future child. A poster quoted me and asked my thoughts on the matter. I said I have no children and used an emoji to indicate that my comment shouldn't be taken too seriously as I have no children and I am not Alina's parent.

I have no time to be teasing 15 year olds. I saw something that made me uncomfortable and used my right as a viewer to tune out. I never suggested that she not be able to choose what to wear. My question was rhetorical. If Vincent Zhou came out with cutouts I would also be uncomfortable. That's my choice.