2018 JGP Ljubljana: ISU Info | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana: ISU Info

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Is the event free of charge or will the tickets be announced soon? Slovenia is a stunning country so I'm tempted to go ;)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Is there a reason that entries are so late in coming out? Usually it's Monday night / Tuesday morning for my time zone but still nothing

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Trusova and Tarusina, yay! I like them both quite a bit :)
Also interesting to see a US lady get two spots, and for Ekaterina Ryabova to get her second spot for Azerbaijan.
I guess Shiika and Haein are the bronze medal contenders here.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aurora belatedly appears on the scene, after vanishing from the early assignments. It will be interesting to see how she’s been doing.

D’Alessandro/Waddell get a second assignment, which I figured they’d get after coming third in the free in Linz.

Looks to be a competitive men’s event. Shimada will obviously be aiming to clinch a Final spot.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Tough dance field : the Russians have two of what I would think are their top 3 teams? Is that correct or am I messing up the names?

I would be interested to see if Fisher-Malette-Paquette stack up against d'awa .... there is also a good French team... Dance will certainly be a highlight.

Ladies : Happy to see Aurora reinstated : is she still with Ravi or was that a summer arrangement?

Finally, Conrad doesn't seem to have a field as tough as last week... and he tends to do well on his second assignment. Danielan is coming back from injury and doesn't quite have the firepower of the older boys though his credentials are impressive.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
No, S/N are not in the top 3 -- K/N are. I think the top 3 are S/E, U/N, and K/N at this point.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yeah, I’d provisionally have S/N as the #4 Russian junior team.

Ladies : Happy to see Aurora reinstated : is she still with Ravi or was that a summer arrangement?
Her ISU bio hasn’t been changed, but there’s been a lot of rumours and/or signs that she’s with Ravi full-time now (and the Ice Palace referred to her as one of “our” skaters on Facebook a while ago).

Ravi coaches Eric, so if Aurora is with him too, it’s economical to have them both here.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Koshiro Shimada gets a second JGP:yahoo:

And he and Conrad will face off again;)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Alicia Fabbri and Paul Ayer replace Natalie D’Alessandro and Bruce Waddell in ice dance (the latter having been moved up to Canada).

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Russia has pulled Shanaeva/Naryzhnyy in favour of Ivanenko/Karpov. I’m guessing the former will eventually be moved into the Yerevan event to take silver (and thus the sixth Final berth). This move pretty much guarantees Nguyen/Kolesnik no worse than second place here.