2019 European Championships: Ice Dance Pregame Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships: Ice Dance Pregame Chat

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
The Spanish Fed has not confirmed their criteria for deciding the World team. It could be Euros. During Nationals, the commentator said he thought it would be a combination of the scores from Euros and Nationals. Nationals scores were very close so either way, the results at Europeans will probably be the determining factor.

According to Hieloespanol (https://twitter.com/Hieloespanol/status/1083318099816914944), which is one of the main Spanish sources of figure skating news (it publishes more info than the proper FEDHIELO, i.e. Spanish Federation of Ice Sports), the ice dance team who will represent Spain at Worlds will be announced after the Europeans, following a technical decision of the Figure Skating Committee and the appointment made by the President of FEDHIELO. Below the original post in Spanish:

Según ha podido saber @Hieloespanol la pareja de danza convocada para el mundial será anunciada después del europeo, tras decisión técnica del Comité de Patinaje y designación por parte del Presidente de la @fedhielo.

LaArdilla

Medalist
According to Justyna Plutowska (P/F from Poland)'s Facebook post, the Gadbois gang is coming with Romain and Marie-France.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
My main hope for Euros is that F/G have a great RD (and FD, obviously) and get themselves into the top 10 :pray:

As you can see, they are top 10 on the SB list even with not so great RD outings 🙂. And, if no huge mistakes happen, they should be top 10 at Europeans too, as I don't see anyone outside of that SB top 10 beating them if they have two good skates. But, of course, nothing is completely certain.

Anything can happen but all my good vibes go towards a great Euros for them. :pray:

That way they can set themselves up for a creditable Worlds (I hope they at least advance to the FD) and an awesome GP season this year.

I’m so excited.