2019 European Championships: Men's Pregame Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 European Championships: Men's Pregame Chat

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm getting really nervous. What are the chances that Michal won't sabotage himself and win a medal? :drama: My fave podium would be Michał, Javi and Misha, but I think there's more probability that none of them medal, than all of them medaling...

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
hi,
he should be at worlds. In December he stated 4 important competitions left, so it's the last year competing, not the last competition

Good I hope he has a top ten finish to go out on top. :)

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
So the rules for keeping two spots is that if the second man dont qualify for the final the first man must place top 10, if the second man places 24-16 the firts man must place top 12. If both men are top 15 their total placement can not go over 28 (only an issue if they are 14 and 15).
As for Alexander placing high and keeping two places for sweden for next year I hope he skates well and places high for his own sake to skate well in his last europeans and have a good spring to his last competitive season but if Im being honest sweden dont really need two places for next year when alexander wont compete.
This year there where only two skaters who passed the minimum TES (both Majorov brothers) and im unsure if any of the other seniors or age eligible juniors can pull that off next season.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
I'm getting really nervous. What are the chances that Michal won't sabotage himself and win a medal? :drama: My fave podium would be Michał, Javi and Misha, but I think there's more probability that none of them medal, than all of them medaling...

I’m optimistic. All of them have (deservedly) high PCS. Samarin has the highest tech content with the 4Lz, but he’s not a PCS machine, if we’re being honest. Kovtun is the only other one I could see making the podium, but even he wasn’t truly clean at Russian nationals.

Clairecz

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I really need the podium to have at least four places: Javi and then Michal, Misha, Maxim in random order as long as they are on the podium :biggrin: And if Sergei were there I'd need five places ;) (and also for Deniss and Matteo, though they can wait a year longer...)

It's been confirmed that Javi will do Malaguena - Man of La Mancha - Prometo :love:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's been confirmed that Javi will do Malaguena - Man of La Mancha - Prometo :love:

Perfect choices for the final competition for Spain's champion... I love them all (and adore Prometo with all my heart)

As long as he does well and is happy, I know I should say that is all I want for him. But let me be honest while clutching every good luck charm I own...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JAVI TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Country
Norway
So the rules for keeping two spots is that if the second man dont qualify for the final the first man must place top 10, if the second man places 24-16 the firts man must place top 12. If both men are top 15 their total placement can not go over 28 (only an issue if they are 14 and 15).
As for Alexander placing high and keeping two places for sweden for next year I hope he skates well and places high for his own sake to skate well in his last europeans and have a good spring to his last competitive season but if Im being honest sweden dont really need two places for next year when alexander wont compete.
This year there where only two skaters who passed the minimum TES (both Majorov brothers) and im unsure if any of the other seniors or age eligible juniors can pull that off next season.

What happend to Gabriel Folkesson? I know this years hasn´t been good, but watching scores from last season he looked pretty good? Well, either way, I hope Alexander places at top 10 for his own sake, even if Sweden has spots to fill or not.

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
What happend to Gabriel Folkesson? I know this years hasn´t been good, but watching scores from last season he looked pretty good? Well, either way, I hope Alexander places at top 10 for his own sake, even if Sweden has spots to fill or not.

Im not sure actually. His only competition this season was an early JGP which was a bit of a disaster. Nothing seen or heard about him for 6 months. He has potential but has allways been a bit inconsistent and is known to not be particularly hard working.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

i'd love to see this podium too, a girl can always dream! this time i choose to trust michal, let's see if he is still in the mood to mess with my predictions :biggrin:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Believe in the Breznaissance. [emoji106]

Interspectator

Record Breaker
This is going to be a very special event.
Javi's farewell competition,
Brezina goes for a medal!
Maxim is the agent of chaos --what will he do?
Can Kolyada come back to his top form?

Not to mention the younger skaters who will hope to unseat the top guys.

LadyB

Record Breaker

Well spoken!
I'm sure Javi has one more golden moment, at least I should hope so. He really deserves it. He should be in form, as he's been doing lots of shows. As for the other placements, yeah, I've got the same sentiment as Interspectator.

Personally, I wish Max would actually finish on the podium and that Morisi has a really great competition. Best of luck and healthy skates to all the guys!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Misha for gold :rock:

How come so many predict Javier winning? What do you all know and/or what have you seen? I haven't seen him skate since worlds 2018.

rachno2

Record Breaker
:pray:

How come so many predict Javier winning? What do you all know and/or what have you seen? I haven't seen him skate since worlds 2018.

He looks pretty good in practice (landed a nice salchow) and has been performing in shows nonstop. And he really really wants this.

I love that he’s going all-out on the Hispanic-influenced music selections for his last competition. :thumbsup:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Can't speak for anyone else but a quick squint at his record gives me quite a lot of hope. And yes, his training has been - as far as we know - less than optimal but do remember he's just spent the last few weeks with the two men who probably know better than anyone how to make a few weeks really really count...

I love that he’s going all-out on the Hispanic-influenced music selections for his last competition. :thumbsup:

I don't think I'll be the only one awash with tears by the end of Man of La Mancha let alone Prometo...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

about that i have the feeling daniel grassl'll be in the top 6 (i don't think he is in goint to medal yet)