2019 Junior Worlds: Men's Pregame Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019 Junior Worlds: Men's Pregame Chat

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Top 2 got their bests at Euro and 4cc where quads in SP are allowed, so probably their Junior results would not be so high.
Tomoki didn't attempt a quad in his 4CC short program (Grassl did a quad loop), however, senior competitions feature more generous PCS scoring, generally, and the free skate features an additional element, so the point remains the same.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'd like to add that Kraznozhon placed 5th at US Sr.s behind Hiwatashi. Pulkinen was 12th. Alexei received 234.52 for his efforts.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I don't think that would be any more unrealistic a possibility than Nadeau, Danielan, and Hiwatashi were the years they won medals. It's the men. Who knows?

Yes, last year Danielyan came from being 7th at his one JGP event, 8th in the SP at JrWorlds to 2nd overall. What the wonders of a perfectly clean free skate can do lol
I have some sort of hope he could podium and I believe in him but I’m not sure he’s in the best form to do so; especially since he got called into this competition at such late notice..

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Tomoki didn't attempt a quad in his 4CC short program (Grassl did a quad loop), however, senior competitions feature more generous PCS scoring, generally, and the free skate features an additional element, so the point remains the same.

I haven't noticed that senior scoring has more generous PCS. It certainly doesn't in dance, where junior teams move up & find that their GOE and PCS both drop (at least the GOE drops during a normal season in which the scoring system hasn't changed to add +5 GOE). I have noticed that PCS for basically the same program will often climb exponentially during a debut senior year by a top singles competitive athlete over the course of their senior season. I haven't noticed, though, that it generally happens for those athletes during their first or second senior event.

Your point about the extra element is a good one though. Tomoki earned 4.29 for his extra element--a choreographic sequence--in his senior free skate. That would give him a plausible score of about 232.5 if one wanted to compare it with the junior scores on the list. I'll let someone else figure out a comparable number for Grassl's.

It is also true that late winter & spring scores often outpace fall scores (both for juniors & seniors).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have some sort of hope he could podium and I believe in him but I’m not sure he’s in the best form to do so; especially since he got called into this competition at such late notice..

Well I hope his planned content is accurate. If so, no quad attempt for his long. His SP content matches his last 3 competition so I'm hopeful. He's not quite ready for a quad. Now let's see how he performs under short notice.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well I hope his planned content is accurate. If so, no quad attempt for his long. His SP content matches his last 3 competition so I'm hopeful. He's not quite ready for a quad. Now let's see how he performs under short notice.

Where can we see this? the folder just says "nothing here" for me

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For whatever reason there are two folders where program content might go; sometimes they use one, sometimes the other.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Litvintsev's entry on that list says he's planning a 4T-3T combination in his short program -- hopefully somebody has reminded him that's not allowed.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Litvintsev's entry on that list says he's planning a 4T-3T combination in his short program -- hopefully somebody has reminded him that's not allowed.

One of the other boys has a quad listed in the SP too - I think they just used their sheets from their last competition, which was senior.