2020 Budapest Trophy: Ladies' Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2020 Budapest Trophy: Ladies' Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Zingas got very close to the TES score (for the Europeans)!

Let's hope she makes it in time. I'm pretty sure it would mark Cyprus' debut.

Yep. Before today, Polina Ustinova was the only skater to represent Cyprus internationally at Senior level. But that was in 2 Senior B's, both in March 2018 (she was using them as a warm-up for her first Senior Nationals a few weeks later). The island hasn't been represented in Seniors since then.

The only Major that Cyprus has been represented at is the 2017 EYOF (the Junior version of Europeans), which was by Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
-3 and -4 for Dasa Grm’s cleanly landed 2A? It looked possibly < but they didn’t call anything so why would they go that low on the GOE?

Last edited:

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Kristina Shkuleta Gromova’s combination

1F*+3T* No fall

I thought the correct way to score this was the 1F is invalid but 3T is valid. They would give -5 on the GOE for the 3T for the invalid pop in the combination. Similar to 3T + COMBO

So she should have gotten like 2 points not 0.

Am I wrong?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If anybody is still around, the Senior Pairs Warm-up has just started.

There's just Ioulia Chtchetinina / Mark Magyar taking part, so it is an "out-of-competition" competition.

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
If anybody is still around, the Senior Pairs Warm-up has just started.

There's just Ioulia Chtchetinina / Mark Magyar taking part, so it is an "out-of-competition" competition.

CaroLiza_fan
I am, I figured out they are the only ones there :)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a footnote that I didn't pick up on at the time.

Today was Marilena Kitromilis' 16th birthday.

:cheer: ΧΡΟΝΙΑ ΠΟΛΛΑ ΜΑΡΙΛΕΝΑ!!! :cheer:

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

CaroLiza_fan

R

rafapab

Kristina Shkuleta Gromova’s combination

1F*+3T* No fall

I thought the correct way to score this was the 1F is invalid but 3T is valid. They would give -5 on the GOE for the 3T for the invalid pop in the combination. Similar to 3T + COMBO

So she should have gotten like 2 points not 0.

Am I wrong?

But the 3T cannot be valid since she has already done a 3T before this combination in solo jump.
(the jumps included in combination must be different than the solo jump)
(If the same jump is executed as a solo jump and as a part of the jump combination, the repeated jump will not be counted)

Last edited by a moderator:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just saw Loena's scores, I'm so happy for her! What a great start to her comeback! :hap10: Keep it up into the free Loena!

Not so great a start for Ivett, but good on her for attempting the 3A again. She's been injured recently as I recall, too. Hope she'll perk up in the free and have a great day.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I missed the event yesterday due to work, but it seems there's a 6-hour-long archived stream of day 1, hooray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCKKBQ_yIDI
I am grateful to whoever uploaded it.

That's actually the Fed's official stream, which we were watching LIVE yesterday. So, it's good to know that it has now been archived. (Particularly since I won't be able to watch LIVE at all tomorrow).

I'm writing a PM at the moment. But afterwards, I will update the links in my reminder posts so that they go directly to the relevant segment.

CaroLiza_fan

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've replayed Eva-Lotta and Loena. One objection: I'm aware Loena was injured and then all the corona things, but this is the fourth year of her Celine program ;)
Second. She had it in the 2018-19 season; she was supposed to use it in 2019-20, but never competed that season.