2021 Worlds are still on

Status
Not open for further replies.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
According to an article by the Olympic Channel, there will be 3 tests administered to skaters: the test before leaving, the test on arrival, and a test no more than 4 days after arrival. Single rooms will also be available for skaters who ask for them, the hotel will have no one staying there who's not involved with Worlds. There's no bus ride needed to go to any of the practice rinks or the Globe because they're all so close to each other.

Last edited:

pearly

Record Breaker
In other news (I don't think it's been mentioned here), the entire Russian team meets today in Novogorsk and starts training in a bubble from which they will all fly to Stockholm together on a special flight.

There will be 55 passengers on board: all the athletes of the Russian national team, the coaching staff and doctors of the team, officials, as well as commentators and journalists of Channel One.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
In other news (I don't think it's been mentioned here), the entire Russian team meets today in Novogorsk and starts training in a bubble from which they will all fly to Stockholm together on a special flight.

There will be 55 passengers on board: all the athletes of the Russian national team, the coaching staff and doctors of the team, officials, as well as commentators and journalists of Channel One.

Well that's a bit more reassuring... if the Russian skaters are in a bubble and then go to another bubble, I think we can all sleep a little easier knowing the skaters most likely to break the protocols are going to be isolated for a week before the event starts.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

I'm always little nervous when "all the eggs are put into one basket."

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
This thread is being closed.

Please continue discussions about the upcoming World Championships in the competition threads:

As always, follow guidelines in the thread, Bickering, insulting other posters, and "conspiracy posts" are prohibited by Goldenskate guidelines. Posts that violate these guidelines will be deleted without notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.