2022-2023 Australian Figure Skating | Golden Skate

2022-2023 Australian Figure Skating

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Congratulations - Team Australia has assignments for all 4 disciplines at Four Continents 2023!

Awesome news! Although I'm kinda pressed because this was supposed to be our 4CCs :( I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to host again or is Aussieland just too far away?

Weathergal

Medalist
I hope you do! I was excited to hear when Australia was named to host 4CCs for many reasons: to help figure skating grow in Australia, to have 4CCs somewhere different, to acknowledge Australia's contributions to the sport, and more.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Awesome news! Although I'm kinda pressed because this was supposed to be our 4CCs :( I wonder if we'll ever get a chance to host again or is Aussieland just too far away?
Probably depends on where we are in the pandemic. Travel restrictions and venue funding seem to be the biggest factors.

I just noticed, 2024 is set to be in Shanghai (which at this point I find hard to believe will take place as planned) so maybe 2025?

There are a few junior skaters I am hoping we'll get to see developing. Are there any junior ice dance teams waiting in the wings?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
From 22-23 splits thread:
Australian pairs news: Harley Windsor announced his split from Maria Chernyshova on his Instagram stories.

For those who can't access/if 24 hours have passed, his wording is: "I think now is a good time to announce that Maria and myself have ended our skating partnership. Thank you 🙏 It just wasn't meant to be 😇 All the best in the future Maria."

His next story is asking anyone looking for a partner to message him, so I'm assuming he hopes to continue. Good luck to them both in their next steps, in or out of skating.
Wishing both Maria and Harley all the luck for the future! :pray:

I think that there are now 4/5 AUS pairs skaters without partners:
Ryan
Campbell
Harley
Maria
Winter?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Anastasia and Hektor are in Canada preparing for Junior Worlds.
They have been working with their choreographer, Jonathan Guerreiro!

Good luck to G/GM and the other members of Team Aussie!