2022 JGP Czech Skate Men's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2022 JGP Czech Skate Men's Free Skate

Andrea82

Medalist
Breakdown of scores

5 judges had Yoshioka in 1st (Hungary, Korea, Germany, China and Poland)
3 judges had Nordeback in 1st (Sweden, Italy, Czech Republic)
1 judge had Memola in 1st (Switzerland)
Seo won PCS for everybody except Switzerland (Nordeback) and Poland (Yoshioka)
Korean judge liked Zharkov and Kakiuchi.
Italian judge disliked Vaclavik (3.0 in Composition)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
ALL HAIL BEATRICE!!!!!!!!!!!
*Beatrice blushes at breakfast table*
It came by pure luck, the opportunity. And I just had to try. They were next to the exit, signung some photos and stuff and I thought *now or never*. So I went to Heesue first, she was delighted (I believe) to choose a crown for herself (she chose pastel mix one), then some man (I assume member of Team Korea??) asked if there are gifts for all ladies, whe I said yes he called Minsol and Jinny (cue me crying inside). They both chose their crowns and graciously posed for the photo.
Bonus - the team member also snapped a photo of beautiful ladies with my potato self ;), so I have a souvenir too!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
*Beatrice blushes at breakfast table*
It came by pure luck, the opportunity. And I just had to try. They were next to the exit, signung some photos and stuff and I thought *now or never*. So I went to Heesue first, she was delighted (I believe) to choose a crown for herself (she chose pastel mix one), then some man (I assume member of Team Korea??) asked if there are gifts for all ladies, whe I said yes he called Minsol and Jinny (cue me crying inside). They both chose their crowns and graciously posed for the photo.
Bonus - the team member also snapped a photo of beautiful ladies with my potato self ;), so I have a souvenir too!
I love you Beatrice, the girls probably do so too

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I totally disagree with the results. Simply because Yoshioka can land quads and he represents a powerful fed, they threw points at him. Meanwhile, he's not that great. He can rotate and he has decent basics, but no artistry. Plus, his SS are not the best of this group either.

Most of all, Yoshioka lacks artistry. So how is he receiving such high presentation scores? What a scoring racket! Right from the beginning in the fp, Yoshioka was unsteady on his landings. But because he landed a quad-double, the judges gave him high GOE. Meanwhile, they held back GOE for other skaters, in particular, Kai Kovar.

With Kovar being given 65+ on PCS, Yoshioka should receive below that. Kovar was low-balled on PCS, and Yoshioka was given way more than he deserved for presentation. He has no artistry to speak of. It's just jump, jump, jump, with the camouflage of costume and traditional music playing in the background. Yoshioka did not interpret anything in his music. Most of the other final group guys did, especially Memola, Nordeback, Kovar, and Seo.

It's simply wrong for Yoshioka to be ahead by 1+ pts over Memola on PCS. That's just absolutely wrong. Yoshioka should have six pts shaved off PCS, to be fair. If they don't want to do that b/c he's a quadster, then be fair with not over-rewarding him on GOE, which was blatant, again b/c of quads. They didn't start taking off for his messy landings until the end when he got messier. Score fairly on GOE, and take at least 3 to 4 pts off Y's overdone PCS score. Memola should have won this competition with how wonderful he skated. It should not be all about quads and Japanese clout.

Seo might have won, or come in second had he not gotten tired and messed up his last jumping passes. But this was a good experience for young Seo. Anyway, I thought Seo was slightly over-scored in the sp. So had Memola won overall and Yoshioka placed second, with Nordeback third (b/c Seo faltered at the end), that would be a more honest, fairer result.

Yoshioka needs to improve his presentation and skating skills, instead of being so over-focused on adding more quads. The way this sport is scored, along with the political factors, is so aggravating.

Last edited: