2024 4CCs: Pairs' thoughts? | Golden Skate

2024 4CCs: Pairs' thoughts?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Very happy for all three medalists.

Both Peng and Chen have had lots of injuries this season, especially her with her left ankle. I'm hoping that she recovers as I'd like to see more from this team.

What are your thoughts on the Pairs' event?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
It was quite a messy event.
I am happy for the winners but all of the podium had some errors in their skates. On the flip side, it makes me more excited for worlds because I think it is the most open field in pairs since I started watching FS in 2018.

I was so pleased for G/GM nailing their free skate, but sad that they placed 4th yet again this season...the SP really let them down 😢 (also PCS, I adored them). I am glad to read in the GS interview that they will be training for worlds with Deanna and Maxime - this is an excellent strategy and who better to learn from than the new 4CC champions? (y)

Yogi

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Loved Peng/Wang, sorry to hear about her ankle.
I also really enjoyed Anastasia/Hector’s free program.
So glad to see Ellie’s SBS jumps improve.
I hope Muira/Kihara have enough time to improve before Worlds. Pairs really needs them.

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
aussies or canadians robbed of bronze.... kam/oshea are on their way to being one of the most overscored teams of this quadrennial. sorry but it has to be said. 🚬

pang/weng actually had my favorite LP here, after deanna, of course.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I happen to love Kam/O'Shea and don't think they're overscored at all. But Deanna and Maxime are something else... maybe not perfect in technical terms but o so watchable. Glad to see the Japanese were back. So many loveable programmes. Sure, the pairs was a messy event (I can't deny it) but so very joyful. Especially after all those injuries.

Sorry, I can't leave the joy out of my remarks. It's my reason for watching, not if someone manages all the jumps.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I happen to love Kam/O'Shea and don't think they're overscored at all. But Deanna and Maxime are something else... maybe not perfect in technical terms but o so watchable. Glad to see the Japanese were back. So many loveable programmes. Sure, the pairs was a messy event (I can't deny it) but so very joyful. Especially after all those injuries.

Sorry, I can't leave the joy out of my remarks. It's my reason for watching, not if someone manages all the jumps.
Same here girl.