News 2026 Milano Cortina Olympic Mascottes revealed

News

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was today years old when I learned what a stoat is. 😆
I actually knew what stoats were before today because I was a fan of the Redwall book series when I was young! Those books featured many anthropomorphic woodland creatures. Unfortunately, stoats were generally villains (although Milo and Tina don't seem villainous at all!). 😂

(I wonder if anyone else here remembers the Redwall books...)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Cats? Squirrels? Anyone knows?

Are they ferrets? Super cute :love2:

Perhaps they're weasels? Anyway, whatever they are, they're incredibly cute! 😍

Edit: They're stoats! My weasel guess wasn't too far off, lol.

At least I wasn't the only one that wasn't sure what they were! :laugh:

I realised they were mustelids of some sort, but hadn't a clue which type. No matter how many times the presenters of "Springwatch" / "Autumnwatch" / "Winterwatch" have explained the differences between weasels, stoats and ferrets to us over the years, I still can't tell which is which.

Haha, stoats are villains if you intruduce them to puffin habitats but certainly not in general! These are just cute. Nice choice!

Even before we got the species confirmed, I was unsure about the choice for this very reason.

Don't worry, we'll keep them away from your avatar. ;) :)

CaroLiza_fan

Andrina

Rinkside
I love the fact that Milo has a disability and represents the Paralympic Games. Well done !

I've just checked and it seems that Paris 2024 are the only other Games who had a paralympic mascotte. I hope it will become a tradition in the future though.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
I love the fact that Milo has a disability and represents the Paralympic Games. Well done !

I've just checked and it seems that Paris 2024 are the only other Games who had a paralympic mascotte. I hope it will become a tradition in the future though.

Personally I like the idea of having Olympic and Paralympic Mascottes so connected to each other like these two.
Usually Paralympics have their own Mascotte. I remember the one from Torino 2006: it was Neve and Glitz for the Olympics and Aster for the Paralympics: You can see them here.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

nah... Vancouver 2010 had SUMI.

I am still in love with Miga and Quatchi, again from the 2010 games.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States

The Paralympic Games have had mascots for many, many years now (it says here, going back to the 1980's)

Here are some of the more recent ones:

London 2012 - Mandeville
1708747304345.png

Sochi 2014 - Ray of Light and Snowflake
1708747412098.png

Rio 2016 - Tom
1708747453951.png

Pyeongchang 2018 - Bandabi
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 11.06.04 PM.png

Tokyo 2020 - Someity
Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 11.08.27 PM.png

Beijing 2022 - Shuey Rhon Rhon