Attendees Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Attendees Thread

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
a good news, the French lady who was insisting that practices were off limits told me she just got the confirmation from the French Fed., that with 5€ per day admission, you can attend the practices!! :rock::agree:

To me the mens event will be my total highlight, featuring all three of my "sons" :biggrin: Deniss, Jason and Dima :luv17: I wouldn't know where to look if all of them will be on the ice all at the same time... my fangirling mode will be full on there :yes2:

Great news!!!! Thanks for letting me know. I'll see if I can dump my bags at the hotel when I arrive and race over to catch the last couple of hours.

I :thumbsup: to your "sons", particularly Dima :luv17:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
a good news, the French lady who was insisting that practices were off limits told me she just got the confirmation from the French Fed., that with 5€ per day admission, you can attend the practices!! :rock::agree:

To me the mens event will be my total highlight, featuring all three of my "sons" :biggrin: Deniss, Jason and Dima :luv17: I wouldn't know where to look if all of them will be on the ice all at the same time... my fangirling mode will be full on there :yes2:

Perfect! Thanks for the information! We will arrive in Lyon late Thursday, have an airport hotel there and head to Grenoble friday morning. So we’re gonna take the 6 o‘clock bus I guess to attend the practice at 9 in Grenoble... Should definitely be worth it though!!!!! 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Is there an easy to read practice schedule anywhere? I find that colour blocked ISU "schedule" that's in columns ridiculously confusing...

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Does anyone want to meet up whilst there? Maybe breakfast or coffee Friday morning before/during the practices? I'm going on my own and a little shy sometimes so I am worried I might not really to speak to anyone otherwise :slink:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Does anyone want to meet up whilst there? Maybe breakfast or coffee Friday morning before/during the practices? I'm going on my own and a little shy sometimes so I am worried I might not really to speak to anyone otherwise :slink:

Sure, I‘d love to meet other figure skating fans :)

I have my mother with me though (the only other fs fan I know personally 😂 ) and she‘s not so confident speeking english and I guess she still thinks it weird meeting people via the internet, so I need to see what is possible with her ;)

As I said above we will arrive friday morning and our first stop would be fridaymorning practice, maybe we can arrange sitting together there?

Just send me a pm for more if you like :)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Sure, I‘d love to meet other figure skating fans :)

I have my mother with me though (the only other fs fan I know personally �� ) and she‘s not so confident speeking english and I guess she still thinks it weird meeting people via the internet, so I need to see what is possible with her ;)

As I said above we will arrive friday morning and our first stop would be fridaymorning practice, maybe we can arrange sitting together there?

Just send me a pm for more if you like :)

Sure, I'll send you a PM with some details! :)

HazyD

Rinkside

I think it would be fun to meet some other GS'ers! I'll pm!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wish I can join in the fun! There's some amazing skaters at IdF!

Just a suggestion, but you can take it or leave it, but I do have a slack space that I've been using for meetups at past competitions. It's a super easy way for everyone to stay in touch throughout the competition and to arrange meet-ups on the fly. I just used it for Skate Canada and it was quite successful.

Also it's a nice way to get chatting with folks and get acquainted before meeting IRL. :)

If someone wants be an admin, and start an #iDF channel, I'd be glad to do that -- I just need an e-mail from that person and then I'd make the person the admin. Or you're welcome to start a separate Slack site too if that's easier. PM me if you have questions....

Last edited:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I wish I can join in the fun! There's some amazing skaters at IdF!

Just a suggestion, but you can take it or leave it, but I do have a slack space that I've been using for meetups at past competitions. It's a super easy way for everyone to stay in touch throughout the competition and to arrange meet-ups on the fly. I just used it for Skate Canada and it was quite successful.

Also it's a nice way to get chatting with folks and get acquainted before meeting IRL. :)

If someone wants be an admin, and start an #iDF channel, I'd be glad to do that -- I just need an e-mail from that person and then I'd make the person the admin. Or you're welcome to start a separate Slack site too if that's easier. PM me if you have questions....

Thanks, I'll get in touch!

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
So I've set up a Slack channel for attendees - please send me your email in a PM if you'd like to join!

If you're interested but haven't been posting on here, no worries, just drop a PM!

See you all in 3 and a bit weeks :hap57:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Question maybe for those who attended last year - how strict is own food/drink policy in the arena? I am especially interested if there is a possibility to bring your own bottle of water inside the arena. In case it is not possible - are there any facilities inside? Mamy thanks in advance for any info:)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Question maybe for those who attended last year - how strict is own food/drink policy in the arena? I am especially interested if there is a possibility to bring your own bottle of water inside the arena. In case it is not possible - are there any facilities inside? Mamy thanks in advance for any info:)

A friend of mine told me all the bottled drinks had to be "without tops" (???) she was also rather perplexed about this regulation but that was so last year. However there is a huge shopping centre right across the street with many shops that offer drinks and snacks, according to my friend it was quite easy to nip off to get some refreshments even during a short intermission.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A friend of mine told me all the bottled drinks had to be "without tops" (???) she was also rather perplexed about this regulation but that was so last year. However there is a huge shopping centre right across the street with many shops that offer drinks and snacks, according to my friend it was quite easy to nip off to get some refreshments even during a short intermission.

Many thanks for the info, also for this about practices earlier:thank:, the bottles sans tops were also in Milan, so sneaking tops episode 2:laugh: