Bobsleigh | Golden Skate

Bobsleigh

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Two man bobsled is on right now.

A few questions come to my mind first why is only the pilot named?! Is the guy in back just there for decoration? :laugh:

Why are the graphics for bobsleigh so much more fancier than in luge and skeleton? There's a speedometre, a map of the track with the sled's position on it, there's even replays that compare one team's run with another!

There's also an Aussie team in here, they're currently in 20th (?) hope they can move up a bit and get a final run!

ChanClan

On the Ice
Wow! Way to go Canada and Germany! I don't know much about bobsled but I'm assuming that ties are really rare. Especially when it comes to the people on the podium.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow! Way to go Canada and Germany! I don't know much about bobsled but I'm assuming that ties are really rare. Especially when it comes to the people on the podium.

According to the commentators the last time it happened in two-man bobsleigh was 20 years ago at Nagano in 1998 and one of the dual medallist was - can you believe it - Canada! The other team was Italy.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Two man bobsled is on right now.

A few questions come to my mind first why is only the pilot named?! Is the guy in back just there for decoration? :laugh:

Why are the graphics for bobsleigh so much more fancier than in luge and skeleton? There's a speedometre, a map of the track with the sled's position on it, there's even replays that compare one team's run with another!

There's also an Aussie team in here, they're currently in 20th (?) hope they can move up a bit and get a final run!

I guess the pilot is more vital (like you can do a run without a brakeman but not without a pilot, although they're both important)... and like you can switch the brakeman if you want (doesn't usually happen in the same competition except for injury or something)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Can't wait to cheer on the Nigerian women! I remember when the Jamaicans came to bobsleigh in Calgary in '88. What a sensation. I hope the Nigerian women have equal success..but better results.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Had the Four Man Bobsled going on in the background while I was watching the gala and huge news! There was another tie! This time for silver! And South Korea was one of the teams involved! Huge congrats to them and...I'm not sure who, one of the Germanys?

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Had the Four Man Bobsled going on in the background while I was watching the gala and huge news! There was another tie! This time for silver! And South Korea was one of the teams involved! Huge congrats to them and...I'm not sure who, one of the Germanys?

Yep, one German team tied for silver and another one won the gold.