Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eastern Sectionals
第43回東日本選手権大会 第34回東日本ジュニア選手権大会
Oct 26-29, 2017
Yamanashi, Japan

*Numbers from top placements advancing to National
Sr. men: 9 (plus 1 special exemption entry for Hanyu)
Sr. ladies: 6 (plus Wakaba as seeded skaters)
Jr. men: 11 (plus Koshiro as seeded skater)
Jr. ladies: 8

*Entry list: http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2017-2018/fs_j/east/index.htm (in Japanese only)
** Ice dance is included in the Eastern Sectionals (but divided up between Western and Eastern Sectional dancers)

Results (in English, w/protocol): http://www.jsfresults.com/non_responsive_toppage.htm?figure_top.htm%2CNational/2017-2018/fs_e/east/index.htm

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Eastern sectional will take place during the upcoming weekend!

But a sad news before the eastern sectional: Haruka Imai has made an announcement that she's decided to withdraw from sectional (in her IG post)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaspDIeARtf/

Haruka had an incident during the regional competition: during FS program, her old injury at knee was hurting so much that she had to stop skating in the middle of the performance. In her IG updates she explained that she took some rest to recover after regional. But when returning to skating, the pain was still there. After consulting around, she decided to withdraw.

Unfortunately, withdrawing from sectional means she may not be able to advance to National...

champs

Final Flight
I have to leave home now so just a quick post that I'm happy Yuka Nagai skated well and placed first after the SP, and according to a twitter report Mr. Seki (her ex. coach up to last season before he relocated to Canada) was in the arena.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I have to leave home now so just a quick post that I'm happy Yuka Nagai skated well and placed first after the SP, and according to a twitter report Mr. Seki (her ex. coach up to last season before he relocated to Canada) was in the arena.

Yes! Yuka was doing pretty well and is in lead of ladies' SP (58.55). Perhaps Mr. Seki was in the competition, as his student Rinka Watanabe is competing in Jr. ladies? (I don't know if anyone still remember Rinka? She was quite promising as NvA ladies about 2 years ago. But Rinka was injured and couldn't make it to JGP when turning junior. It seems that Rinka follows Mr. Seki and has relocated to Canada as well to train. She has been seen in several local competitions at Canada during the summer. At the moment she's placing first at jr. ladies after the SP!)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The competition has just finished. The result page (w/ protocol, in English) has been updated in post #1.

Following the results, these skaters have advanced to All Japan National (and top placing junior skaters to Jr. Nationa):
*Seeded skaters have been added as well

Men's:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu (seeded)
2. Daisuke MURAKAMI
3. Hiroaki SATOU
4. Jun SUZUKI
5. Yoji NAKANO
6. KENTO KOBAYASHI
7. Hidetsugu KAMATA
8. KENTO KAJITA
9. RYO SAGAMI
10. Tsunehito KARAKAWA