Elena Radionova announced her retirement. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova announced her retirement.

Amei

Record Breaker
I thought she already retired years ago :unsure:
Haha, that's going to be a consistent thing I think, skaters taking "breaks" for years and then all of sudden we get a retirement announcement and we're all like "was she not retired?"

shine

Record Breaker
She definitely seems like someone who soaked up choreography like a sponge, and this is probably part of the reason why her programs were all so excellent IMO.

It's great to see Lena maturing into a very intelligent, well spoken young lady. I LOVED her skating and was an uber fan. She's the one who got me invested in the Russian ladies to begin with, and I don't think there will be another like her anytime soon.

Her zombie exhibition piece is a classic. Personally, I love the Whitney Houston one where she rolls on the ice. Only Lena could pull that off!

The skaters who she works with are so lucky to have her.
Totally agreed.

She's one of the very few Russian wonder babies I've really enjoyed (her and Sasha Proklova, really, who coincidentally was also coached by Goncharenko). i love how she truly threw herself into the choreography and program and skated with such exuberant joy. When everyone was fawning over Lipnitskya's flexibility and Schindler's List, I thought Lena was the one who should've shone. All her programs were musical and different despite being rough around the edges and nothing was ever cookie cutter. I'll miss her dearly.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
She may have not won Worlds but she won her title on youtube for most watched gala performance among the russian ladies.

I hope she continues her career in figure skating as coach or choreographer, we all miss her.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Il était évident qu'elle allait prendre sa retraite, je suis un peu triste mais je lui souhaite plein succès dans ses futurs projets.

Je l'ai connue grâce à l'EX ZOMBIE DANCE qui est ma préférée d'elle elle a été une excellente interprète.
Hi sakurano,

Please provide an English translation to any posts in any language other than English. It is fine to post in a language other than English but if you can provide a translation it is much appreciated.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Il était évident qu'elle allait prendre sa retraite, je suis un peu triste mais je lui souhaite plein succès dans ses futurs projets.

Je l'ai rencontrée à travers l'EX ZOMBIE DANCE qui est ma préférée d'elle a été une excellente interprète.
I'm curious because we've had some people post in their native language at this point: how are you posting? I think the website tends to quote whatever is present in the webpage, so for instance if you're google translating a page into French, that quote will appear to you in French. That's not what happened here though, so I'm curious.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This is what I get from google translate *shudder*

"
It was obvious that she was going to retire, I am a little sad but I wish her every success in her future endeavors.

I met her through EX ZOMBIE DANCE which is my favorite of her was an excellent performer"

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
BTW.. one of my favourite things to say to folks on this forum is:

Friends don't make friends use google translate.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
^well that says
"It's weird it got translated? It's displayed in English at home.

I don't use Google Translate anymore because it's poor (? bad?) but a different DeepI translator

That's what I said but the last part isn't formed correctly

I said she's a good performer ;;"

Yeah someone's going to have to look into this lol

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Peut-être que cela signifie que je dois apprendre l'anglais ou peut-être que je dois effacer mes messages,

Je suis désolé du dérangement
I think it's a tech issue ;) no need to worry. Try to turn off any translator you are using on your browser? I see my post got translated into French too there.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm going to tell the site owner.

If you guys have time can you guys report this in the announcement section of the board? Just say that you having trouble with translating text and if she needs more info she will ask.

sakurano

Final Flight
I'm going to tell the site owner.

If you guys have time can you guys report this in the announcement section of the board? Just say that you having trouble with translating text and if she needs more info she will ask.
thanks