Frankenstein's Skater | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Frankenstein's Skater

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I love Mao, but don't you think Liza's 3A is much higher (better) than Mao's 3A? When I saw Liza jumping 3A it really looked similar to men's 3A. Mao rotated more quickly but it was not as high as a 3 A should be. I don't know how to explain. Maybe Mao is shorter than Liza...I don't know.

Someone on the Mao thread posted average size of her jumps (and comparison to other skaters) and Mao's triple axel is nearly 60 cm above the ice which is a BIG jump for ladies. In comparison, Yu-Na triple lutz is 44cm. I don't know how high Liza's is, but i don't think it is much higher than 60cm.
However Liza is actually smaller than Mao. Mao is 1m63 and Liza is less than 1m60. Maybe 1.57m something like that. So because she is very small, that makes her big jumps really impressive. Even more impressive than Yu-Na or Adelina for example who also have big jumps but are quite tall. Maybe that is why you find Liza's more impressive. Also that is true, Liza's 3A are more rotated, the landing is cleaner. I personally prefer Mao's though, I like the flow, the entry and the grace she has in them.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Plushenko's determination+ Wagner's attitude/personality+ Pogorilaya's skating skills. Ashana Plushponer

i may not be the perfect skater but you know I will drag you to hell if you get on my way to the top. I will be coached by Morozov :). And my program will be choreographed by Marina.

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Plushenko's determination+ Wagner's attitude/personality+ Pogorilaya's skating skills. Ashana Plushponer

i may not be the perfect skater but you know I will drag you to hell if you get on my way to the top. I will be coached by Morozov :). And my program will be choreographed by Marina.

I think you win best name! :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Chan's skating skills/edges
Hanyu's jump transitions/flexibility
Takahashi's interpretation
Brown's spins
Plushenko's consistency
Browning's creativity/footwork