Heel pain in skates | Golden Skate

Heel pain in skates

AyaIceskates

Spectator
Country
United-States
Hello Everyone!
I am a teen skater and I have only been skating consistently for 4 months. After a month of private lessons I bought Jackson mystiques because that was what the skate tech at my rink recommend me but after a while my right heel started to give me trouble while I was skating. Im thinking my boot might be a bit too big because the lady assumed I'm still growing(I've been the same shoe size for over a year) and I'm not sure what to do now. If anyone has any insole recommendations or ideas on what I should do it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Edit: I weight about 135 pounds and I'm 5'4, I have an African type of foot shape? and I have regular arches .

Last edited:

SK4T3

Rinkside
Please can you tell us more about your weight, height, foot style & shape + arches?

Oversizing is not a good idea; your feet need a correct fitting.

• What did your coach at lessons recommend?
  • What brand and model (before Jackson Mystique purchase) where you skating? Please share your experiences.

You cannot compare Shoe Sizes <--> Skate Sizes.

I'm not familiar with Jackson Mystique, I'm sure other members can help you with information.

If you weigh more than 80~100 pounds, Mystiques were never stiff enough for you because they are made for little kids--unfortunately a lot of skate techs sell kid skates to older skaters. If you provide the info @SK4T3 indicated, plus the area you're located in, people might be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

AyaIceskates

Spectator
Country
United-States
Please can you tell us more about your weight, height, foot style & shape + arches?

Oversizing is not a good idea; your feet need a correct fitting.

• What did your coach at lessons recommend?
  • What brand and model (before Jackson Mystique purchase) where you skating? Please share your experiences.

You cannot compare Shoe Sizes <--> Skate Sizes.

I'm not familiar with Jackson Mystique, I'm sure other members can help you with information.
I weight about 135 pounds and I'm 5'4, I have an African type of foot shape? and I have regular arches .
My coach isn't really the most helpful he kinda just told me to talk to the skate tech at our rink and she said mystiques were fine for me. I had been using rental in my lessons for the first month. I understand your not supposed to compare shoe size to skate size I was just trying to say tat my feet haven't grown at all in the past year so I didn't understand why she told me to size up.

AyaIceskates

Spectator
Country
United-States
If you weigh more than 80~100 pounds, Mystiques were never stiff enough for you--unfortunately a lot of skate techs don't really take weight into account when selling boots to skaters who aren't little kids. If you provide the info @SK4T3 indicated, plus the area you're located in, people might be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!
I just provided my info and I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area and I don't think there are any professional fitters around here.