Help! Can you help me figure 1991 WC Men SP start order? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Help! Can you help me figure 1991 WC Men SP start order?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
You are an amazing font of information. :bow:
LOL. I just remembered that Burghart & Flack had married in their youth, and I knew they had two sons. I also remember seeing one of their boys compete in the U.S., I believe as a junior. All the rest of the details, including their sons' names and which one was the skater, I had to look up because I couldn't recall those specifics.

Thus, I found out new info I hadn't known previously regarding Remington skating for Austria, and Rendell being a college tennis player. 😄 It's cute how Flack's & Burghart's names begin with 'R,' so they decided to give both sons unusual names beginning with 'R.'

The other part about me knowing some of this info is that I'm an older skating fan, so I've absorbed a lot over my many years of watching the sport! Time just keeps passing, and it's hard to believe because some of my old skating memories still feel recent, as if it all happened yesterday. 🤔 ⏳⛸️ 🌠

Last edited:

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
I wonder if the archives at the World Figure Skating Museum would have this information: Museum Archives

"Competition records for national, international and Olympic events are available from the mid-19th century to the present. . . . Approximately 2,000 protocols are preserved as an important historical record of the sport of figure skating."

The archivist's name is Karen Cover, and she has been there over a quarter of a century. If anyone would know, it ought to be her. Her email address is in the above linked webpage.

(Kudos on your project, @labgoat! I love figure skating history.)